Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

If these guys win their next fight they are top 10

Print  
Which of these guys most likely to win their next fight
Congo 4 10%
Machida 12 29%
Bisbing 9 22%
Martin 6 15%
Jardine 3 7%
Tavares 7 17%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
Martin is most likiely to win his next fight obviously but i dont think it would qualifie him as top ten.

Post #16   8/7/07 1:27:57PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Im going to say Kongo or Bisping,i have Kongo with the upset over Mirko and i am pulling for hamill but im thinking bisping in that one.

Post #17   8/7/07 2:22:16PM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
Bisbing his already a top 10 if you ask me pretty much seen all his fights from cage rage to tuf show and ufc and even do i dont like his attitude soon he could be a top 5 , hes already better than guys like tito and rashad

Post #18   8/7/07 3:24:45PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:

Posted by _GSP_

Bisbing his already a top 10 if you ask me pretty much seen all his fights from cage rage to tuf show and ufc and even do i dont like his attitude soon he could be a top 5 , hes already better than guys like tito and rashad

Yeah but hes not better than guys like Lil Nog, Ricardo Arona, Kaz Nakamura, Sokoudjou, Wanderlai Silva, Babalu, Lyoto Machida etcso he isnt top 5 or even top 10

Last edited 8/7/07 3:36PM server time by the-james
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   8/7/07 3:36:07PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,070-584
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If Forrest wins his next fight he will without a doubt move into top 10. So IMO it's a very easy pick with Forrest, since you question is IF they do win. If Bisping beats Matt, who cares? Matt isn't ranked at all, he's supposed to beat him.

Last edited 8/7/07 6:51PM server time by copenhagen

Post #20   8/7/07 6:49:16PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
gotta go with Bisping,

Post #21   8/8/07 2:31:49PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I say Jardine if he beats Lidell he is in the top 10 for sure

Post #22   8/8/07 2:41:02PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
jardine - only if he dominates chuck (which isn't possible, he might catch him but thats it)

Bisping- hasn't fough top competition yet so no way should he be ranked top 10

Machida- if he wins i could see him being ranked 10 of 10

Tavares - 155 division is too stacked to fit him in there unless he beats a top 10 guy

Kongo - Has top ten stand up and power but where is his ground game, even though beating mirko is one hell of a task i still wouldnt see him being top ten considering anyone with a ground game would desroy him,

Martin - looks promising but again doesnt have the top competition under his wing, and leben isnt exactly a top comtender.

Griffin - if he wins i think he should definately be ranked in top ten. IMO his fight with tito was a draw, he was beating jardine untill he got caught, and shogun is arguebly #1 in 205 if forrest wins he should definately be ranked.

Post #23   8/8/07 2:52:21PM   

JewJitsu

MMA Regular

JewJitsu Avatar

Career:398-238
Chips:
Its hard to say any of them really should be even if they win their next fight.

It won't do anything for Martin to beat Leben. It would do more for Leben to beat Martin coming off the win over Salaverry.

If Tavares beats Griffin, he has to be talked about because of all the hype Griffin has.

If anyone, its a stretch but it would have to be Forrest.

Post #24   8/8/07 3:28:07PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I picked Kongo.

Last edited 8/8/07 3:33PM server time by zephead

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #25   8/8/07 3:33:16PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Eight people have picked Bisping?

I went with Jardine. If he defeats Chuck Liddell, it will wash away the freakish loss to Alexander. I'm not sure who he might bump out of my Top 10, though. If Machida loses, then he'd be the one to drop to #11.

By the way, all of you people who rank Sokoudjou mid-Top 10 are nuts. Machida should be Top 10, especially if he beats Nakamura.

Last edited 8/8/07 3:43PM server time by AchillesHeel

Post #26   8/8/07 3:40:27PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Eight people have picked Bisping?

I don't think Bisbing has done anything to prove that he's top ten yet, besides look promising against mediocre competition... not saying he's a bad fighter by anymeans, just that he hasn't had a real test as of yet. IMO, there's no way he could be ranked above Machida (who was my pick for being bumped up if he wins)

I went with Jardine. If he defeats Chuck Liddell, it will wash away the freakish loss to Alexander. I'm not sure who he might bump out of my Top 10, though. If Machida loses, then he'd be the one to drop to #11.

I personally think his loss to Alexander was no more freakish than his win against Forrest. the DoM needs a couple more fights to be top ten IMO... Although he is probably facing the toughest comp out of the bunch (especially if he stands and strikes with Chuck), so I guess that has to be taken into account...

By the way, all of you people who rank Sokoudjou mid-Top 10 are nuts. Machida should be Top 10, especially if he beats Nakamura.

I think Soko deserves the spot after convincingly beating two top10 (maybe top5) guys... I don't think there's ever been a newcomer to the sport that has pulled that off (or had the opportunity for that matter)... I have him on the lower half of my list because I still want to see his chin tested...

For me, Nak and Machida are in a virtual tie for the 10th spot (i've got Nak in there right now)... So this fight will at least help me solve that problem.

Post #27   8/8/07 4:21:40PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,070-584
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
You guys realize Forrest was one of the fighters you could pick, he just didn't put it on poll, it's in his post though. I think only me and one other person mentioned Forrest. If every guy on that list wins their next fight Forrest would definitely be ranked above any of them.

Post #28   8/8/07 6:25:01PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I don't think Bisbing has done anything to prove that he's top ten yet, besides look promising against mediocre competition... not saying he's a bad fighter by anymeans, just that he hasn't had a real test as of yet.

Exactly. And not rating him Top-10 is certainly no disrespect. I might rate him Top-20 right now. I'd like to see him against somebody like Wilson Gouveia, Stephan Bonnar, Renato Sobral, or Jason Lambert.

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

IMO, there's no way he could be ranked above Machida (who was my pick for being bumped up if he wins)

I picked Jardine partly because I already have Machida in my Top 10.

If Jardine beats Liddell and Machida loses to Nakamura, Jardine will (probably) be #10 and Machida will drop out of my Top 10. If they both win, I'm not sure if Jardine will crack the list. Lil Nog, Tito Ortiz and Ricardo Arona will probably drop down the next time I review my lists, but I'm not sure they'll fall out of the Top 10 altogether. I'd love to see Jardine against one of those guys, whether he wins or loses against Liddell (right now, of course, it could only be Tito, since Arona and Nogueira aren't with the UFC).

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

the DoM needs a couple more fights to be top ten IMO... Although he is probably facing the toughest comp out of the bunch (especially if he stands and strikes with Chuck), so I guess that has to be taken into account...

Precisely. A win over Liddell would be huge for Jardine.

Post #29   8/9/07 10:12:59AM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
Bisbing his a way better fighter than babalu

Post #30   8/9/07 5:46:01PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2