Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Perfect Broadcast Duo (or Trio) for the UFC in YOUR opinion

Print  
Posted By Message

Lifer

Learning to Sprawl

Lifer Avatar

Career:61-37
Chips:
Mine would be:

Joe Rogan / Bas

or

Joe Rogan / Bas / Rampage

Joe Rogan actually practices BJJ and knows what is going on. Also he puts up with Goldberg's idiotic metaphors every event and makes fun of him when required.

I also like stephen quadros, he's been doing it for quite a while and can riff with Bas.

Rampage is just the funniest person you can put on a microphone in MMA right now. Well supposedly Saku is hilarious but I don't speak japanese so you can't understand his subtle humor.

I'm hoping with Rampage in UFC they're going to have him as guest announcer eventually.

Post #1   1/16/07 3:47:43AM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,292-1,600
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I say Jeremy Horn would make a good commentator, he's been around forever and has a ton of knowledge to share with the fans.

Post #2   1/16/07 2:43:32PM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
Rogan / Bas would be my vote. Both can be funny but Bas has been in the trenches and knows what he is talking about.

Post #3   1/16/07 2:59:08PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'll agree with Rogan/Rampage, but would throw in a legend with better english like Frye. He's a UFC legend and comedy in interviews. He also is very outspoken and fears no one , so he would speak his mind.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   1/22/07 11:28:16PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
I like the commentators to be inventive and knowledgable in describing things but not be a show of their own. I dont watch the UFC the hear them.

I think they have a good combination with Rogan/Goldberg. Every duo needs a cool guy and a supporter. They have that already.

I cant see Rampage just settling in to the system. He would have to make his mark.

Jeremy Horn might be a nice fit though. Low key but very knowledgable.

Post #5   1/23/07 4:46:53PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
tito and rogan

Post #6   1/23/07 10:24:23PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:
I'd put my vote in for Horn and Rogan too; I can't think of many folks with more experience than Jeremy and Rogan already does a great job. The occasional Rampage co-hosting would be funny as hell too, maybe Matt Serra too because he's a real nice guy and his accent makes me think of home

Post #7   1/23/07 11:49:50PM   

n0xin

MMA Regular

n0xin Avatar

Career:871-519
Camp: GTA Pick'em Crew
Chips:
I'm a fan of the classic Quadros/Bas combo. I liked those days.

Post #8   1/24/07 1:58:08AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:

Posted by meier

tito and rogan

Hadn't thought of Tito. That might be interesting if he could keep his personal feelings out of it. He is animated and knowledgable. Still not sure he could keep it business though.

Do he and Rogan get along?

Post #9   1/24/07 2:37:42AM   

Ebeneezer

Learning to Sprawl

Ebeneezer Avatar

Career:60-38
Camp: Jools-Jopps Cannon Fodder
Chips:
Quadros/Bas and Jeff Blatnick.

Post #10   1/25/07 9:44:08AM   

--Hinch--

Probably a terrorist.

--Hinch-- Avatar

Career:73-56
Camp: Platinum Mafia
Chips:

Posted by Lifer

Mine would be:

Joe Rogan / Bas

Agreed. Throw Mir in for when Rogan is out doing comedy.

Al three are technically 'colour', but damn it, they're the only one's with knowledge.

Post #11   1/26/07 5:17:00AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Horn might do for Frye . Good choice, I didn't even think of him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   1/27/07 3:17:45AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I think Bas and Randy would be the ultimate dream combo, but you'd have to throw in a color guy with some knowledge of MMA that could fill in the gaps when Bas and Randy were just too engrossed in their craft, kind of keep the conversation rolling along...

Ummmm, Maybe even someone that's seems a little out of place, like that guy from that 'King of Queens' show (sorry don't know his name), I heard he trains a little and has a pretty agreeable character.

Oh, ya I almost forgot, our roving field reporter David Tank Abbott...

Post #13   1/29/07 8:24:24PM