Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

"Camp David" is looking for christian members! :)

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
what is that picture of in the camp david avatar?

Post #16   2/2/07 8:57:39PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

I'm down with that. Send me an invite.

Glad to see you going to camp David! If I didnt have other obligations I'd be there too..

Post #17   2/3/07 11:00:46AM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Career:1,084-713
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by TroubleMan

Interesting....

David in the Bible was Jewish. Are you accepting those of Jewish faith, as well?

Sure thing! To be honest, it's not really about who "qualifies" to this camp, but this is primarily a christian camp, so I would suppose it's primarily christians that would be interested. Anyone else would probably just be flaming and write crap, and that's naturally not what I'm going for.

(Btw, Jesus is a direct descendent from David, and is the fulfilling of what David was, which is a picture of Christ, the annointed one, the Messiah. So it's not that simple to just say that "David is for Jews, and Jesus is for the Christians, as Jesus is the fulfillment of what the Jews are actually waiting for. Their eyes just haven't been opened to that revelation yet.)

How about that, a theology-class just for you... well, you started it... ;-)

Post #18   2/3/07 2:48:03PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

what is that picture of in the camp david avatar?

That's a picture of the logo we've painted on the wall of our camp. With a little goodwill, you'll see that it's a C and a D ;-)

Post #19   2/3/07 2:50:39PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tunefish

Posted by TroubleMan

Interesting....

David in the Bible was Jewish. Are you accepting those of Jewish faith, as well?

Sure thing! To be honest, it's not really about who "qualifies" to this camp, but this is primarily a christian camp, so I would suppose it's primarily christians that would be interested. Anyone else would probably just be flaming and write crap, and that's naturally not what I'm going for.

(Btw, Jesus is a direct descendent from David, and is the fulfilling of what David was, which is a picture of Christ, the annointed one, the Messiah. So it's not that simple to just say that "David is for Jews, and Jesus is for the Christians, as Jesus is the fulfillment of what the Jews are actually waiting for. Their eyes just haven't been opened to that revelation yet.)

How about that, a theology-class just for you... well, you started it... ;-)

OWNED

Post #20   2/3/07 2:51:29PM   

MississippiRed

Learning to Sprawl

MississippiRed Avatar

Career:379-246
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
David wasn't the picture of Christ. David and Jesus shared no blood due to the immaculate conception if they did share blood( DNA) then it would be grounds for a royal line coming through Mary to Jesus which would make Jesus half man as opposed to God in the flesh.

Good luck with your camp anyway though.

Post #21   2/3/07 4:03:53PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Chips:
You can compare it to a family who adopts a child and grafts them into their family tree. He is God in the flesh but shares David's lineage by placement.

Post #22   2/3/07 4:26:49PM   

MississippiRed

Learning to Sprawl

MississippiRed Avatar

Chips:
That may be true that they share lineage by adoption but even with that being said David can't be the "picture" of Christ as the poster implied .

Here's my line of logic. I was adopted ( I really was ) so there is no way that one of my ancestor's from my adopted family's line can be the "picture" of me in that we share no line or genetic/blood ties.

Oh by the by I'm enjoying this conversation greatly

Red

Post #23   2/3/07 4:34:40PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Chips:
As much as I would love to take this further, I did not have the intention of discussing the Word of God in this thread! ;-)

However, I will reply one last time. If you want to take this discussion further after this, let us please do it elsewhere, either in private or in another thread.
Hope you can understand and respect this request, as this thread was primarily a place where people could report their interest in the camp itself.

Ok, so here goes nothing....

When it comes to the lineage of Jesus, it's clearly described in the gospels (Matt1:1, Luke 3:23), and if you read Romans 1:3-4 it says:

"3 concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead..."

It's not difficult to find many other places in the Bible speaking of this, for example Jesus' own words in Rev.22:16

"I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David"

When it comes to David being a picture of Christ that's, something I said in connection with David being the anointed king of Israel, which always had the intension of being a temporary forerunner to the Messiah (which means "The Anointed One"), Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
There are also a lot of personal similarities between the two, which makes me say David is a kind of picture of and forerunner to the Messiah that was to come in Jesus. If you don't like the terms I use in that regard, then I won't get offended the least. The most important thing is that you are rooted in the Word of God.
So if you feel like presenting arguments against my personal view on the latter subject, please do so according to the Bible.

Thnx, Benjamin.

Last edited 2/3/07 5:51PM server time by tunefish
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   2/3/07 5:42:38PM   

MississippiRed

Learning to Sprawl

MississippiRed Avatar

Chips:
I agree this is not the time nor place , I'll drop my email address to you in the next day or so via pm so we can continue our conversation.

I'll leave you with this however. The Bible wasn't written during the time of Jesus it's gospels were written and compiled at a later date and at best were put together based on what the public and the church aristocracy wanted to hear concerning the live and times of Jesus. Also everything in the Bible is open to interpretation hence the infighting among different demoninations of Christianity.

What's written to be the words of Jesus are not , they are the words of the author who claims divine inspiration but that has never been proven. Again to the lineage of Christ it is one of the discrepancies of the Bible as it stands.

Anyway I'll send you that email in a pm so we can continue

Red

Post #25   2/3/07 6:00:57PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Chips:
If those are your initial stands on the Bible, then I regret a further discussion won't be much fruitful either. We can talk ourselves blue in the face over this topic, (trust me, been there done that), so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to embrace the wisdom of 2.Tim 2:23 and avoid this discussion.

But hey, we always have MMA to fight over!

Post #26   2/3/07 6:14:59PM   

corpsegrinder

Learning to Sprawl

corpsegrinder Avatar

Career:243-160
Chips:
Wow 2 only christians, team satan has 31members

Last edited 2/4/07 2:24AM server time by corpsegrinder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   2/4/07 2:24:19AM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tunefish

As much as I would love to take this further, I did not have the intention of discussing the Word of God in this thread! ;-)

However, I will reply one last time. If you want to take this discussion further after this, let us please do it elsewhere, either in private or in another thread.
Hope you can understand and respect this request, as this thread was primarily a place where people could report their interest in the camp itself.

Ok, so here goes nothing....

When it comes to the lineage of Jesus, it's clearly described in the gospels (Matt1:1, Luke 3:23), and if you read Romans 1:3-4 it says:

"3 concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead..."

It's not difficult to find many other places in the Bible speaking of this, for example Jesus' own words in Rev.22:16

"I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David"

When it comes to David being a picture of Christ that's, something I said in connection with David being the anointed king of Israel, which always had the intension of being a temporary forerunner to the Messiah (which means "The Anointed One"), Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
There are also a lot of personal similarities between the two, which makes me say David is a kind of picture of and forerunner to the Messiah that was to come in Jesus. If you don't like the terms I use in that regard, then I won't get offended the least. The most important thing is that you are rooted in the Word of God.
So if you feel like presenting arguments against my personal view on the latter subject, please do so according to the Bible.

Thnx, Benjamin.

Post #28   2/4/07 9:25:10AM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Chips:

Posted by corpsegrinder

Wow 2 only christians, team satan has 31members

Well, duh.... that only confirms what Jesus said:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

So no surprises there, my friend.

Post #29   2/4/07 6:08:03PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Chips:
And Cobbs666, thank you for contributing with a page-long quote and a smiley. Guess you spent a lot of time on that one.

Post #30   2/4/07 6:09:39PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4