Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tito says the fight with Rashad is on...

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
of all the bad match ups that the other poster posted i think tito/chuck is the absolute worst. i just dont see how he wins this one. he cant take him down and keep him down, and he cant knock him out. there was always a slight chance of him getting into the later rounds and out cardioing him for a decision win but any fight they are likely to have now will be a 3 rounder. tito/chuck just seems like the ultimate in a bad style match up for tito in my eyes. at some point he will get caught and then its night-night tito, and i just dont see what he can do to win even if he doesnt get stopped.

now if someone like rua gets the belt from rampage then either chuck or tito could be champ again. i love rua and think he is the absolute man but the style match up isnt quite so bad (at least for chuck, it is still not great match up for tito). by the way i think rua is a favorite over chuck and a monster favorite over tito, i just think it is more likely that tito beats him than beats chuck, and chuck beats him easier than rampage. all simply because of the way their styles clash together.

Post #16   8/5/07 8:27:29AM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
i'm happy to see that ortiz will be fighting evans. i think this time around it should be a more exciting fight. i predict tito knocking out evans with some of his great ground and pound..

Post #17   8/5/07 12:37:11PM   

Aries2343

MMA Regular

Aries2343 Avatar

Career:621-418
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
i would rather see Tito liddel 3 then rashad tito 2 if that happens i will die of bordem tito won the fight fare and square

Post #18   8/5/07 7:21:21PM   

Trench777

MMA Regular

Trench777 Avatar

Career:171-141
Chips:

Posted by Untouchable

lol tito will never have a good camp because he can't keep friends

Due respect to your opinion, but I didn't get that impression from watching him on the TUF he coached. It seemed like he earned the regard and trust of his fighters quite well.

I don't know him IRL...like most, I only have the TV goggles to see him thru, but from what I have seen, he will make a good coach someday.

T777

Post #19   8/6/07 12:22:15AM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Branwest

Chuck?!?! Get over it Tito!! Hell, get past Rashad Evans first!! You haven't been the same since you fought Chuck the first time. Granted, you looked better the second time you fought him, but your last fight?? No. Concentrate on what's in front of you. Get that old fire back. EARN your shot to fight Chuck again. There's a lot of people I'd rather see Chuck fight than Tito (W.Silva, Shogun, etc.)

In a way your post pisses me off because you rag on tito but then you kind of give him props so that was good.anyway i believe tito needs a few more fights and then fight chuck because like tito or not he gave chuck a good scare he won the second and was winning the third round.Honestly though why would TITO yes Tito waste his time on chuck,now that wandi,hendo,shogun are all in chuck might not even be in the top three for contention so maybe tito should call one of those guys out after he gets past evans.

Post #20   8/6/07 1:43:27AM   

SUPERMAN155

Learning to Sprawl

SUPERMAN155 Avatar

Career:1,148-765
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
what fight were you watching?? tito was never winning...and chuck would destroy tito every single time they fought.

Post #21   8/6/07 4:30:09AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
Rashad should spank tito but he can't be so timid.
Anything can happen though...so who knows.

I think it's silly for Tito to talk about fighting Chuck. Do something to make us want that fight first. I wasn't even interested in the last one. I didnt' think he'd done anything to show that he could compete before the 2nd Chuck vs. Tito.

Post #22   8/6/07 2:41:50PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by SUPERMAN155

what fight were you watching?? tito was never winning...and chuck would destroy tito every single time they fought.

Tito definitely won round two of their second fight. Even the commentators were mentioning how Tito's striking had come so far. In round 3 he was doing more of the same from round two but then got knocked down and the fight was called as Chuck was punching Tito in the arm. Chuck was noticibly tired when the fight was called as he could barely do his trademark muscle man pose. Anyway, it's all speculation... but I think Tito could beat chuck in a third match up.

Post #23   8/6/07 2:56:12PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SUPERMAN155

Obviously the one you werent watching or you just dont understand the points sysytem,or maybe you just cant hear because like nubby said even the commentators said it.

Post #24   8/6/07 5:40:21PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by Branwest

Chuck?!?! Get over it Tito!! Hell, get past Rashad Evans first!! You haven't been the same since you fought Chuck the first time. Granted, you looked better the second time you fought him, but your last fight?? No. Concentrate on what's in front of you. Get that old fire back. EARN your shot to fight Chuck again. There's a lot of people I'd rather see Chuck fight than Tito (W.Silva, Shogun, etc.)

In a way your post pisses me off because you rag on tito but then you kind of give him props so that was good.anyway i believe tito needs a few more fights and then fight chuck because like tito or not he gave chuck a good scare he won the second and was winning the third round.Honestly though why would TITO yes Tito waste his time on chuck,now that wandi,hendo,shogun are all in chuck might not even be in the top three for contention so maybe tito should call one of those guys out after he gets past evans.

Yeah, I'm kind of ragging on Tito. He's still worried about Chuck when Rashad is giving him enough trouble as it is. The Tito we used to know was a top 5LHW in the world, but not anymore. Tito is a good fighter but he should concentrate on getting his old fire back instead of getting revenge on Chuck. Yeah, later on down the road he can fight him again, but now he needs to focus on the fight in front of him. Granted, without the point deduction, Tito would've won, but still, he didn't overwhelm Rashad like he wouldn've three years ago.

Post #25   8/6/07 8:04:51PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Branwest

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by Branwest

Yeah, I'm kind of ragging on Tito. He's still worried about Chuck when Rashad is giving him enough trouble as it is. The Tito we used to know was a top 5LHW in the world, but not anymore. Tito is a good fighter but he should concentrate on getting his old fire back instead of getting revenge on Chuck. Yeah, later on down the road he can fight him again, but now he needs to focus on the fight in front of him. Granted, without the point deduction, Tito would've won, but still, he didn't overwhelm Rashad like he wouldn've three years ago.

i totally agree,but i think if the tito of old can come cack he might be able to take chuck considering he put up a decent fight in december

Post #26   8/6/07 11:20:56PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2