Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito says the fight with Rashad is on...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Just got done having a short chat with Tito Ortiz in his chat room. He mentioned that the Rashad fight is on and that in the future a Chuck Liddell fight would likely happen again.

Check out the transcript here.
http://mmamath.blogspot.com/2007/08/chat-with-tito-ortiz.html

Last edited 8/4/07 9:09PM server time by nubby
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   8/4/07 9:06:21PM   

Telly_152

Learning to Sprawl

Telly_152 Avatar

Career:162-127
Camp: Crazy RB Monkeys
Chips:
When will he understand he has to let the whole Chuck thing go. I bet he knows he will lose everytime. Can somebody say payday. Garenteed thats all he thinks about when he thinks Chuck.

Post #2   8/4/07 9:28:31PM   

hardhitta513

MMA Regular

hardhitta513 Avatar

Career:46-23
Chips:
i dig tito he can take an give. i hope he brutally beats rashad an then who ever else but man i dont no if he got it in him to beat on chuck...he only 32 he got time..

Post #3   8/4/07 9:30:47PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Why fight Chuck again?? What, he wants to keep fighting him until he beats him?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #4   8/4/07 9:33:01PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
with the 6 year age gap; if they keep having fights he'll eventually do it. I could see it at 50 & 44.

Post #5   8/4/07 9:34:10PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I dont see Chuck vs Tito 3 happening at all. I mean chuck knocked him out twice. I mean I know these two will bring in a crowd. But I think we already know what will happen. Im sure chuck doesnt want to waste another fight on tito.

Post #6   8/4/07 10:04:16PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
The question is not whether Ortiz/Evans II will happen, but if anyone really cares? I would much rather see Ortiz/Jardine; Evans/Griffin or Bisping. Plus given the infusion of Pride fighters (now including W. Silva), I doubt we will see Oritz fight Liddell again as the new depth gives much more exciting options. In my opinion, Ortiz should join WEC now as he could be an instant title contender whereas if he remains in the UFC he will be relegated to 'gatekeeper' status. I also feel Evans would be more effective at MW.

-OUT-

Post #7   8/4/07 10:09:24PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Telly_152

When will he understand he has to let the whole Chuck thing go. I bet he knows he will lose everytime. Can somebody say payday. Garenteed thats all he thinks about when he thinks Chuck.

I think the third fight he would win. He's learning how to fight him and it showed in the second fight.

Post #8   8/4/07 10:58:55PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Tito... can't beat Chuck.

And Chuck can't beat Rampage....

Just like Rampage couldn't do a ******* thing to Wanderlai, which pissed me off more than any other fight, EVER.

Certain fighters don't fight certain people well, it shows with all three of those fighters.

Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva... is going to be another prime example of that.

Post #9   8/4/07 11:21:39PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chris_Keppel

Tito... can't beat Chuck.

And Chuck can't beat Rampage....

Just like Rampage couldn't do a ******* thing to Wanderlai, which pissed me off more than any other fight, EVER.

Certain fighters don't fight certain people well, it shows with all three of those fighters.

Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva... is going to be another prime example of that.

I'm not so sure about any of those.

Post #10   8/4/07 11:30:11PM   

hardhitta513

MMA Regular

hardhitta513 Avatar

Career:46-23
Chips:
ant that the truth...gon now preach to em'

Post #11   8/4/07 11:31:00PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I think Tito needs to focus on Evans rather then Liddell. If he doesn't bring his very best stuff against Rashad, then a third fight against Liddell would be a joke. However if Ortiz ends up fighting Liddell again (which I don't see happening) I think he has a better chance then most people realize. I know he hasn't been on the top of his game recently, but I think he has Chuck "somewhat" figured out. In there last bout, before the fight got stopped, momentum had started to swing in Tito's favor..... Until Liddell started a barrage of punches that ended the fight. But I still think that was a very boarder line stoppage, he was taking alot of shots, but not many of them were clean, most were blocked. In my opinion he was "intelligently defending himself." Anyway thats not talking about the present, thats talking about an obscure future. If Tito wants to be remebered as going out in any kind of glory, or payday, He'd better get nothing but Rashad on his mind, because it seems like Rashad may have Tito somewhat figured out.

Post #12   8/4/07 11:37:10PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Chuck?!?! Get over it Tito!! Hell, get past Rashad Evans first!! You haven't been the same since you fought Chuck the first time. Granted, you looked better the second time you fought him, but your last fight?? No. Concentrate on what's in front of you. Get that old fire back. EARN your shot to fight Chuck again. There's a lot of people I'd rather see Chuck fight than Tito (W.Silva, Shogun, etc.)

Post #13   8/5/07 12:25:03AM   

Trench777

MMA Regular

Trench777 Avatar

Career:171-141
Chips:
Sorta a Tito fan, since TUF he & Shamrock coached...but he's nuts if he doesn't do as many posters have said & concentrate on Evans. He won a decision against the guy (ignoring the point taken away, I know it was officially a draw)...and even that was questionable.

Knock Evan's into kingdom come this next go-around and maybe Tito regains some credibility...but at this point he seems to be a crazy, wicked, nasty training regimen guy who just spins his wheels when the bell rings. (IMHO)

I personally think Tito's days of being an elite fighter are behind him (regardless of his physical age). I -do- think he will continue on in MMA as a legendary trainer of fighters. I think once he finally retires and focuses solely on coaching, his camp will be right up there with Chute Boxe, MFS, Top Team, etc.

T777

Post #14   8/5/07 2:09:09AM   

Untouchable

Learning to Sprawl

Untouchable Avatar

Career:17-16
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
lol tito will never have a good camp because he can't keep friends, and rashad will beat him this next time. chuck will lose to jardine or wanderlei in december, and then they can set this fight up to make chuck look good one last time.

Post #15   8/5/07 3:15:38AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2