Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White on Sean Sherk: “I Believe Him”

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Exactly. Like I already pointed out, it IS possible to have that level of nandrolone in your blood naturally. There is no PROOF that he took steroids, only evidence which indicates that he most likely did. The entire reason fighters get these appeals is because these tests are nowhere close to infallible.

Let me state again, I believe that he did take steroids, but due process and the ability to defend oneself against wrongful persecution is one of the most crucial building blocks of any civilized society. To say that someone should be automatically found guilty and punished based on EVIDENCE that they may have done something is ludicrous. He is not guilty until he is given the chance to argue his case, or if he opts not to argue his case at all which is, in essence, an admission of guilt.

Post #16   8/2/07 1:45:16AM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
Correctly Aether wrote on this.

Post #17   8/2/07 2:03:35AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
let me make an analogy to make it more clear. When the police find significant evidence that a crime has been committed they go out and arrest whoever they believe to be guilty. They are processed and held as though they were guilty, but they are NOT guilty until after they have undergone a hearing to verify the strength of the evidence against them. This is the EXACT same thing. Evidence has been found that sherk broke the rules, he has been handed a suspension pending the results of his appeal which can essentially be looked at as his trial. He is NOT guilty yet however much that may displease you, he will be guilty if the commission decides after their hearing that the evidence against him outweighs whatever evidence he may present in his own defense.

Sean Sherk is not guilty yet. He has not had the opportunity to argue his case and he will not be guilty of anything until he takes that opportunity and fails, or opts not to take that opportunity at all.

You're american right? You should be defending the hell out of this point, honestly because this is one of the most fundamental principles your government was founded on, right up there with the right to free speech and the pursuit of happiness. I believe he is guilty, but I believe much more strongly that he has a right to defend himself before he is declared guilty.

Post #18   8/2/07 2:05:22AM   

itsfrankwhite

Learning to Sprawl

itsfrankwhite Avatar

Career:85-64
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I believe the Maniac Monster Sherk myself. . Waiting until the next fight!!!

Post #19   8/2/07 2:05:31AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I don't know. I think you all jump the gun rather quickly.

Post #20   8/2/07 10:45:12AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
Do we really have any proof?? I mean unless I see vaild lab results or have some other evidence I say what ever. On with the show ! There are more people who care about the watching the Couture fight , then watching Barry Bonds break the record. Doesn't the media and government Officials have anything better to do then be worried about steroids in MMA?

Post #21   8/2/07 6:29:09PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
you're a complete moron, so I'm not going to bother responding to your statement with any detail.

Post #22   8/4/07 12:24:11AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I think im gonna wait till the appeal is over before i get on the strip sherk of the belt bandwagon.I mean what if he wins the appeal.But more so i hate when i see this ..."Dana Protects his Fighters Crap"....Thats what a good business guy does..I mean He would look like a complete ass if he stripped Sherk and found out the guy didnt juice...And theres nothing wrong with believing him...if your buddy told you No i didnt do that fat chick at the bar last night when i drunk...Wouldnt you believe him..Dana trusts him and believes him soo what.thats his business.

Post #23   8/5/07 6:04:31PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2