Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 145 lbs division

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SSfighter51

Banned

Career:7-4
Chips:
Whose to say theyre not, or shouldnt start a super-light weight class, wether it be 145, or 135? I mean think about it, all of the mma fighters that size in the world, who knows what type of potential is out there! The WEC is the only big name league to venture out and focus on the light weights. i think a class of suc would be a major asset to the UFC. whats to lose?

Also...this is surely to never happen, but what if they started a UFC juinor series, with about three weight classes. just something small for teens who fight mma such as myself. To give an oppurtunity to uprising stars, and open the door for them. have them fight exhibitions at the events. that would be tight!
All it would take is a few legal documents fixed up, a few more special rules added, and wala!

Post #16   7/30/07 11:01:49PM   

kofranklin

MMA Regular

Career:98-42
Chips:
I wish they would.

Post #17   8/2/07 9:20:58PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by lance70301

Posted by DJDark41

The UFC will not bring in a weight class lower then 155.

Do you know this for fact or is Dana White your brother?

Dana did say in an interveiw that they just brought back the 155 division, and that the WEC would have 145 and no HVYweight division for the foreseeable future. Of course Dana has been known to change his mind, but I would think not anytime soon also.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   8/8/07 4:39:14AM   

JewJitsu

MMA Regular

JewJitsu Avatar

Career:398-238
Chips:

Posted by wilwith1l

I don't think it'd take long for the talent to stack up at 145. Zuffa allready has Urijah(the best in the world) and Jens. If they could get Kid.... Ithink alot of guys would drop down to 145lbs. You got guys like Jens weighin in at 152.

Say Zuffa has the best 145lb fighters in the world is laughable.

Lion Takeshi, Pato Carvalho, Hatsu Hioki, Akitoshi Tamura, Teneki Fujiyama, Masakazu Imanari, etc.

The list goes on and on.

Zuff may have some good 145lb fighters but they certainly do not have the best in the world.

Post #19   8/8/07 1:40:20PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
WEC is the best place for it, since it's like a minor league version of UFC they can try it out and see how it works out, and it's a chance to discover and develop new talent that could eventually jump to Lightweight.

Post #20   8/8/07 1:53:16PM   

JewJitsu

MMA Regular

JewJitsu Avatar

Career:398-238
Chips:
There would be no need for them to jump up to lightweight.

Most 145lb fighters are too small to make an impact at lightweight.

If they keep pushing the featherweight division in the WEC the way they are now, all those 145ers will be able to become marquee guys in that promotion rather than get lost in the shuffle of all 155lb fighters.

The WEC is quickly becoming the premier place for featherweights in the US.

Post #21   8/8/07 3:06:24PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
There is alot of 145 talent out there, its just we dont see it as much because it is not a division in bigger orgs, i personally would love to see feather weights in the ufc its one of the most exciting weight classses out there.

Post #22   8/8/07 4:08:07PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2