Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Five Fighters With Something to Prove

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
With four UFC events (UFC 74, UFC 75, UFC Fight Night 11 and UFC 76) set to take place in a four-week span, I noticed a handful of fighters who really have something to prove. So, I made a list of the top five guys who have more on the line than a simple win or loss.

LINK

Post #1   7/30/07 9:32:42AM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,326-876
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
Out of the five fighters, I think Liddell has the most to lose. Swick is in a new weight class, Bisping and Fitch are on a roll, and GSP is fighting a tough Koschek. However, Liddell just got knocked out, lost his belt, and is fighting a big underdog in Jardine; a loss here could be devestating.

Post #2   7/30/07 11:39:11AM   

chuck-da-iceman

Learning to Sprawl

chuck-da-iceman Avatar

Career:211-151
Camp: Team Couture
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Out of the five fighters, I think Liddell has the most to lose. Swick is in a new weight class, Bisping and Fitch are on a roll, and GSP is fighting a tough Koschek. However, Liddell just got knocked out, lost his belt, and is fighting a big underdog in Jardine; a loss here could be devestating.

good point i think the same way

Post #3   7/30/07 12:39:59PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

You hit it right on the nose

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   7/30/07 1:27:01PM   

peachfuzzz1305

Banned

Career:60-35
Chips:
i think u should have put Mir up but it does not matter

Post #5   7/30/07 9:38:22PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I acctually think Mirko has more to prove then chuck. Chuck's established with the UFC fan base, and he's alot older. If Mirko loses two in a row he will more then likely retire and all the UFC fan boys will never know how good he was. Chuck is a UFC icon and only really has to prove to himself that he can beat a much younger page.

Post #6   7/30/07 10:37:19PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I acctually think Mirko has more to prove then chuck. Chuck's established with the UFC fan base, and he's alot older. If Mirko loses two in a row he will more then likely retire and all the UFC fan boys will never know how good he was. Chuck is a UFC icon and only really has to prove to himself that he can beat a much younger page.

CC losing to kongo...most unlikely

Post #7   7/30/07 10:38:35PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
But I really hope chuck wins(I hate chuck) but I want him to have no excuses if he loses a fight with wandy, and I don't want him to retire before it happens.

Post #8   7/30/07 11:01:52PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
i dont think chuck is in a spot like mir is. no matter what happens chuck's legacy is intact and he is old. he doesnt have but so many years left in him so a loss and then another fight to leave on an upnote would not be the end of the world in my opinion.

i also think that swick could recover from a loss (although i doubt he will get one). gsp would obviously be in a bad spot if he lost to kos but it wouldnt be career destroying like a loss would be for others.

i think there is no way to make this list without mir on it unless you have already written him off as a top contender. he is perhaps the one person who a loss will put him permanently in lesser shows or at the very least off of the main card.

Post #9   7/31/07 3:20:39AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
IMO Bisping deserved a better opponent, they set up that fight with Hamill just because it never happened in TUF, Bisping will destroy him, then what??? one more fight with ________________ then the title shot.

Post #10   8/2/07 1:28:22AM