Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How long can Sanchez avoid the high kick

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GNP4LYFE

Learning to Sprawl

GNP4LYFE Avatar

Career:185-110
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
I'd imagine he's putting a lot of time into his H/L kick defense

How long till CroZilla catches him with the high?

Post #1   2/1/07 9:40:07PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
under 15 mins

Post #2   2/1/07 9:42:18PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
he wont really be avoiding it cro cop will be waiting for the right time to throw it he is very good at picking a good time. he might throw a few deadly body kicks and then when sanchez expects a body kick headshot. like cro cop vs wanderlei

Post #3   2/1/07 9:45:31PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by ElGuApO91

he wont really be avoiding it cro cop will be waiting for the right time to throw it he is very good at picking a good time. he might throw a few deadly body kicks and then when sanchez expects a body kick headshot. like cro cop vs wanderlei

Agreed, it's just as likely he chop's down his legs and punche's him, Also, a liver kick ( ala Herring) followed by punches

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/1/07 9:53:59PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
For a second I thought this thread was about Diego Sanchez.

I say first second round until Crocop can start to wear Sanchez down where he lands his kicks. If not a high kick victory im smelling brutal leg kicks.

Post #5   2/1/07 9:54:09PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
for some reason i see the fight ending from a liver kick or punches

Post #6   2/1/07 10:01:09PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
After watching Eddie Sanchez last fight from Hughes Penn card, if he keeps the stance he had in that fight, he isn't going to last long. Hunched over with his head exposed, not a good combination when fighting Cro Cop.

Last edited 2/1/07 11:38PM server time by aceprone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/1/07 11:38:28PM   

Rampage_Soldier

MMA Regular

Rampage_Soldier Avatar

Career:281-205
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
Most of Mirko's LHK victims think he' s either going low or middle then they get ktfo. Eddie should be able to avoid any high kicks until at least R2.

Last edited 2/2/07 12:00AM server time by rampage_soldier

Post #8   2/1/07 11:59:28PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,468-915
Chips:
Did any of you guys listen to Eddie talking on Sherdog radio this week? Don't get me wrong, I expect him to lose and become CC highlite reel fodder, but he was a pretty cool bloke on the show. I'd probably be an angry bastard if everyone on the planet was talking about me getting my head kicked into the upper decks of the stands, but he takes it all pretty well and did a decent interview. He's already earned some respect from me, but if he makes it to round 2 of the fight with one of the world's top strikers I'll respect him even more. Like the UFC marketing hype department has promoted, he's got nothing to lose... I'd probably fall out of my seat, but imagine the utter uproar if he landed his solid right hand on CC and somehow won, Randleman 2.0 style

Last edited 2/2/07 1:44AM server time by dothemmath

Post #9   2/2/07 1:43:49AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Did any of you guys listen to Eddie talking on Sherdog radio this week? Don't get me wrong, I expect him to lose and become CC highlite reel fodder, but he was a pretty cool bloke on the show. I'd probably be an angry bastard if everyone on the planet was talking about me getting my head kicked into the upper decks of the stands, but he takes it all pretty well and did a decent interview. He's already earned some respect from me, but if he makes it to round 2 of the fight with one of the world's top strikers I'll respect him even more. Like the UFC marketing hype department has promoted, he's got nothing to lose... I'd probably fall out of my seat, but imagine the utter uproar if he landed his solid right hand on CC and somehow won, Randleman 2.0 style

anybody who has the balls to step in the cage with cro cop gets a ton of respect in my book

Post #10   2/2/07 1:50:12AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,468-915
Chips:
Yep, hard to not respect that. Plus the guy is only 24 !! He's 2 years younger than me and is fighting fuggin' Mirco CroCop!! I can't imagine being in his shoes right now.

Post #11   2/2/07 1:53:09AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I think Sanchez will spoil the high kick KO that everybody expects.
He'll knocked out by punches or possibly by kicks to the body.

Post #12   2/2/07 9:39:15AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,272-1,271
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You got it...
I'll be rooting for a second round just for the sheer amazement of it, not that I think the end result will be any different.

Post #13   2/2/07 9:58:51AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ElGuApO91

Agreed, it's just as likely he chop's down his legs and punche's him, Also, a liver kick ( ala Herring) followed by punches

It's unbelievable that a guy with his skill can have so much patience... He is not the type to throw kicks and punches in large numbers playing the odds game, and thinking one will hit sooner or later...

He's quick, strong, accurate, and very patient... Deadly F**kin combination.

Props to Eddie for stepping up... 24 y / o? Just to think of me in there with CC less than two years ago, I can't fathom it... Best of luck to you, Eddie.

Post #14   2/2/07 10:09:46AM   

allevil86

MMA Regular

allevil86 Avatar

Career:29-18
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:
First round i see alot of leg and body kicks. by the second he'll have his hands lower to block them and then lhk outta the park.

Post #15   2/2/07 11:26:59AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2