Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Best UFC/Pride beatdown or total domination that went to a decision

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Record: 1,846-1,018
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'd have to go with Fedor/Big Nog 1 and Coutre/Tito. I still can't beleive Nog survived that fight conscious, and Tito couldn't do anything from bell to bell.

Last edited 2/1/07 10:02PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   2/1/07 9:05:55PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Record: 541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Igor vs Enson. A complete beatdown.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   2/1/07 9:20:53PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

that' a good one, but I don't think I was clear enough with the title. I meant fight's that went to a decision. Igor/Inoue was stopped at the end of the first .I'm talking total wall to wall took a beating and survivived till the bell rang.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/1/07 9:26:28PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar
Record: 98-51
Chips:
cro cop vs. kanehara

sherk vs. ryuki ueyama

mayhem vs. gsp

Post #4   2/1/07 9:35:21PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Record: 541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by zephead

that' a good one, but I don't think I was clear enough with the title. I meant fight's that went to a decision. Igor/Inoue was stopped at the end of the first .I'm talking total wall to wall took a beating and survivived till the bell rang.

Sorry dude.

If Big John wouldn't have stopped the fight as late as he did, Coleman vs Frye was a beatdown. GSP vs Mayhem and Fedor vs Nog.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #5   2/1/07 9:39:17PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by zephead

Sorry dude.

If Big John wouldn't have stopped the fight as late as he did, Coleman vs Frye was a beatdown. GSP vs Mayhem and Fedor vs Nog.

my bad, I'll be clearer next time. I only saw the Sherk fight once, but I remeber it was a beating.Mayrm/GSP should of been stopped IMO, but it fit's. Frye/Coleman 2 fit's the domination, what a dissapointment by Frye. All that build up about F.Shamrock training him and he fell flat.

The Iron Code

Post #6   2/1/07 9:52:27PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar
Record: 61-30
Chips:
Georges st Pierre vs Frank Trigg

Ouchies.

Post #7   2/1/07 9:55:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Reignofterror

Georges st Pierre vs Frank Trigg

Ouchies.

Defiantely a beatdown but also a RNC finish. I'm definately changing the title.

The Iron Code

Post #8   2/1/07 10:01:59PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Record: 2,047-1,226
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gspfan31

cro cop vs. kanehara

I whole-heartedly agree. Wasn't Kanehara in the hospital for three weeks or something after this fight?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #9   2/2/07 3:22:59AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by gspfan31

cro cop vs. kanehara

I whole-heartedly agree. Wasn't Kanehara in the hospital for three weeks or something after this fight?

I have no idea how long he was in the hospital, but I agree with the beatdown. I think Mirko was taking his rage from the Randleman KO out on Kanehara.

The Iron Code

Post #10   2/2/07 3:31:07AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar
Record: 98-51
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by gspfan31

cro cop vs. kanehara

I have no idea how long he was in the hospital, but I agree with the beatdown. I think Mirko was taking his rage from the Randleman KO out on Kanehara.

i think cro cop would have finished him if he didn't gas

Post #11   2/2/07 3:46:46AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Record: 2,047-1,226
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Come on, its hard work hitting a guy that many times! I'd be tired too!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #12   2/2/07 4:18:23AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

At last he din't go Shamrock/Fujita and just give up when he couln't stop the guy. I still can't beleive that happened.

The Iron Code

Post #13   2/2/07 4:26:34AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar
Record: 384-262
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

At last he din't go Shamrock/Fujita and just give up when he couln't stop the guy. I still can't beleive that happened.

yeah i still don't know why he just threw in the towel? did he just gas cuz he was just standing on the ropes doing nothing? anybody know (and by anybody i mean hippysmacker)

Post #14   2/2/07 1:33:40PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Record: 377-180
Chips:
Marquardt - Lister was a really lop-sided beating.
Sherk - Florian as well...

Post #15   2/2/07 1:57:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2