Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pride Fights Now Available on UFC.com

Print  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
That's right! UFC is now hosting Pride fights on their on demand system. Subscribers can now access fighters that were previously unavailable for download through legitimate means.

http://www.ufc.com/

Post #1   7/25/07 9:04:34PM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
Who thinks that these fights should be free to download!! As an avid fan i order every PPV, attend a live event and bye merchandise, isn't that enough. Help spread UFC to the masses show them why you are the premier MMA org. Do not nickel and dime us for every product you provide. How many Jr. high kids went to your website today.....probably thousands, how many of that demographic have access to a credit card so they can watch there favorite fighters previous matches.....01%

SELL THE SPORT
PAY FIGHTERS MORE
PUT LESS $ IN YOUR WALLETS

War CroCop VS Big Nog II

Post #2   7/26/07 12:17:30AM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
You said all that needs to be said and i whole heartedly agree!

Post #3   7/26/07 12:22:14AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Btews22

Who thinks that these fights should be free to download!! As an avid fan i order every PPV, attend a live event and bye merchandise, isn't that enough. Help spread UFC to the masses show them why you are the premier MMA org. Do not nickel and dime us for every product you provide. How many Jr. high kids went to your website today.....probably thousands, how many of that demographic have access to a credit card so they can watch there favorite fighters previous matches.....01%

SELL THE SPORT
PAY FIGHTERS MORE
PUT LESS $ IN YOUR WALLETS

War CroCop VS Big Nog II

The downloads are basically free at $1.99 each. They can't just give them away for free or people would be downloading non-stop and that would pretty much make it impossible for anyone to download.

Post #4   7/26/07 12:49:07AM   

Punishment

Learning to Sprawl

Punishment Avatar

Career:102-57
Camp: UFC POOL
Chips:
Why does Tito let you down ?

Post #5   7/26/07 12:01:15PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
LOL. He lets me down because
1) He makes excuses
2) He keeps getting hurt
3) He's not backing up his talk
4) He grabbed the fence
5) He's fading

The case at least could be made that he total owned Cote, he convincingly beat Forrest, he destroyed an geriatric Shamrock and quite possibly had a chance at defeating Liddell had the fight not been called when he was being punched in the arms. But Rashad... where is the excuse? Hurt back? Vaseline on the arms? It could all be true, but everyone else seems to be able to deal with it. If in his next fight against Rashad he doesn't come out and give it his all... I'm retiring him as my favorite fighter. I've been trying to figure out, what exactly causing tito to lose. It's not his striking, it's not his wrestling, it's not his BJJ or his clinch game. He's losing because he lost his heart. There's no heart left in his game. Until he gets that fire back, he gonna keep squeaking by with close decision victories.

BTW: This doesn't mean he's not a hard worker, but being a hardworker and having passion for your job are two different things.

Post #6   7/26/07 12:54:15PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by nubby

LOL. He lets me down because
1) He makes excuses
2) He keeps getting hurt
3) He's not backing up his talk
4) He grabbed the fence
5) He's fading

The case at least could be made that he total owned Cote, he convincingly beat Forrest, he destroyed an geriatric Shamrock and quite possibly had a chance at defeating Liddell had the fight not been called when he was being punched in the arms. But Rashad... where is the excuse? Hurt back? Vaseline on the arms? It could all be true, but everyone else seems to be able to deal with it. If in his next fight against Rashad he doesn't come out and give it his all... I'm retiring him as my favorite fighter. I've been trying to figure out, what exactly causing tito to lose. It's not his striking, it's not his wrestling, it's not his BJJ or his clinch game. He's losing because he lost his heart. There's no heart left in his game. Until he gets that fire back, he gonna keep squeaking by with close decision victories.

BTW: This doesn't mean he's not a hard worker, but being a hardworker and having passion for your job are two different things.

Tito is losing his fights because MMA has moved on, but Tito hasn't. The days when a strong wrestler could wreak havoc in UFC are long gone. Yes, Tito is a great wrestler, but his strategy does not work anymore. People have learned to stuff takedowns. Tito is nothing without his takedowns, that's the end of the story.

Post #7   7/26/07 4:37:46PM   

punisher

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-78
Camp: team punishement
Chips:
titos still is on the top 5 top fighters in light hevy to me, and i know alot about tito now because i was talking to ivan on monday for two hours at his gym

Post #8   7/26/07 6:10:20PM   

punisher

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-78
Camp: team punishement
Chips:
do any think chuck could beat silva i think he will it will be a good battle, or it will end early in the furst, if silva follows chucks hands.

Post #9   7/26/07 6:12:22PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
I think Chuck has a very good chance. Chuck hasn't really been tested in the clinch but if he can stay out of it he can definitely land some heavy shots on Wanderlei. I still put Wanderlei on the win, but this is one of those fights where either can win with a big hit and most likely the fight will not reach later rounds.

Post #10   7/26/07 6:18:17PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by punisher

titos still is on the top 5 top fighters in light hevy to me, and i know alot about tito now because i was talking to ivan on monday for two hours at his gym

Top 5? I'm having a hard time keeping him in the top 10 list... what is your reasoning?

Post #11   7/26/07 6:19:20PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by Punishment

Why does Tito let you down ?

HIJACKER!!!!!!

Post #12   7/26/07 8:04:13PM