Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Gilbert Yvel

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

swazymaq

Learning to Sprawl

swazymaq Avatar

Career:6-3
Camp: The American hillbilly
Chips:
The Serg is going to ko him, standing or on the ground!

Post #16   1/30/07 2:09:36PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by CDW

Gilbert is going to win by ground and pound!

LOL, Kharitonovs GnP is better then Gilberts. Watch fight btwn Kharitonov and Semmy Schilt (Current k1 GP winner)

Post #17   1/30/07 2:26:59PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,933-1,185
Chips:
kharitonov is gonna waste yvel . yvel is good but in his last fight in pride was knocked out by zentsov and kharitonov is on another level with his striking and ground game

Post #18   1/30/07 2:35:49PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by CDW

LOL, Kharitonovs GnP is better then Gilberts. Watch fight btwn Kharitonov and Semmy Schilt (Current k1 GP winner)

Sergei absolutley smashed Semmy, you ever seen the movie Sin City? It reminded me of when Bruce Willis smashed that creepy yellow rapist guys face into the barn floor.

Post #19   1/30/07 3:00:41PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Gilbert has absolutley nothing to offer on the ground. If the fight goes there then Sergei is in for an easy night.

Post #20   1/30/07 3:03:05PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by CDW

Sergei absolutley smashed Semmy, you ever seen the movie Sin City? It reminded me of when Bruce Willis smashed that creepy yellow rapist guys face into the barn floor.

eh semmy schilt doesnt know much from the ground, except to hold the wrists as hard as he can and try to buck out... in the stand-up he was winnin kharitonov, hence him bein the k1 gp winner.. its ok i think team golden glory will train him more to b e better on the ground

Post #21   1/30/07 3:15:56PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by CDW

eh semmy schilt doesnt know much from the ground, except to hold the wrists as hard as he can and try to buck out... in the stand-up he was winnin kharitonov, hence him bein the k1 gp winner.. its ok i think team golden glory will train him more to b e better on the ground

I agree, but there's really no reason for Semmy to leave K1, he owns that world right now and people are already buzzing about him breaking Hoost's record (4 GP's). I think he's better off staying on his feet and gong toe to toe with the world class strikers of K1.

Post #22   1/30/07 3:19:09PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Semmy is so boring as a K1 fighter however effective he is with those long limbs, it bores the hell out of me, limits the potential for ko's. However technically Semmy is spot on and I don't really see how anybody is going to have much luck beating him in the nearby future.

Post #23   1/30/07 4:17:59PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:
Ya... It was the same deal with Lennox Lewis, IMO... A lot of his fights were a little on the boring side, but technically he was where he needed to be.

I guess it just upsets people when you see the guy's got size and you know the guys got KO power, but doesn't necessarily use it, isn't the aggresive enough, and going after the finish...

Kinda reminds me of someone else in their last couple of fights...

In the eyes of fans, both casual and rabid, fighting to win and fighting not to lose are two completely different things, even though they'll both give you the W.

Post #24   1/30/07 4:58:30PM   

bob

Learning to Sprawl

Career:31-27
Chips:
yeah, imo sergei has this one in the bag, unless he gets caught with some wild shot.

Post #25   1/30/07 9:11:23PM   

shell1983

Learning to Sprawl

shell1983 Avatar

Career:34-25
Chips:
i cant wait for this 1should be good!!!!

Post #26   1/31/07 1:29:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Apparently I'm in the minority, but I've got Yvel taking this one. Sergei is definitely better on the ground, but Yvel is very good at avoiding subs on the ground and has rarely been tapped out. Most ground fighters take him to decisions. On the feet, you'd be hard pressed to find someone with the KO power of Yvel, and Sergei has a nasty habit of standing with guys he really shouldn't. If Sergei sticks to his strong suit, I think he'll be fine, but if he wants to trade with Yvel, he'll be eating canvas.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #27   1/31/07 4:07:46AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I've got Yvel taking this one. Sergei is definitely better on the ground, but Yvel is very good at avoiding subs on the ground and has rarely been tapped out. Most ground fighters take him to decisions. On the feet, you'd be hard pressed to find someone with the KO power of Yvel, and Sergei has a nasty habit of standing with guys he really shouldn't. If Sergei sticks to his strong suit, I think he'll be fine, but if he wants to trade with Yvel, he'll be eating canvas.

I still have $50 left in my account. How about a friendly wager? Let me know , I'm a big Kharitanov fan.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #28   1/31/07 4:21:30AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Wager sent.

I actually hate Yvel as a person, after what he did to Don Frye, but he has undeniable KO power. I like Sergei, but he needs to stop standing with guys who are clearly superior strikers. Its ballsy, but its foolish.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #29   1/31/07 4:34:00AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Thanks for the wager, I don't think many people like Yvel. I actually wish he would get to fight Fedor just so I could see him get pounded.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   1/31/07 5:28:22AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3