Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

FightSport Mag's "5 to beat Fedor"

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
I guess maybe I'm the only one who sees Fedor's striking as a non-issue when compared to other strikers. Fedor dominates the standup for two rounds against CroCop, and he's still a crappy striker to some people? Last time I checked, CroCop is one of the best, if not the best striker in MMA. I fail to see how Randy's striking is possibly better.

Post #46   7/26/07 10:17:39AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by LR

I guess maybe I'm the only one who sees Fedor's striking as a non-issue when compared to other strikers. Fedor dominates the standup for two rounds against CroCop, and he's still a crappy striker to some people? Last time I checked, CroCop is one of the best, if not the best striker in MMA. I fail to see how Randy's striking is possibly better.

if you read my post, i said in the clinch randy might have the striking advantage, fedor is better on the feet otherwise, no question. relax, take a deep breath, fedor is still the best in the world bud, no need to get em in a bind.

Last edited 7/26/07 10:23AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: couldnt spell best in one try

Post #47   7/26/07 10:23:28AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
Hmmm... I wasn't getting "in a bind" as you stated. And I understood the post you made. But I guess in a general sense, a lot of fans here consider Fedor's striking to be less prolific as a lot of fighters.

I'm sorry if you thought my comment was toward your comment. I was relating to the Randy comment at the end, but in a general sense, I think a lot of people consider Fedor's striking a downer.

Post #48   7/26/07 10:34:41AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by LR

He KO'd Cabbage, one of the worst fighters that the UFC had for awhile. He literally absorbed punches on his face for round after round. It doesn't matter if he has the power to actually KO Cabbage, he was literally bitchslapped by both Sylvia and Arvloski.

I was really referring to power with my "KO'd Cabbage statement... I know he's not a great fighter, but damn difficult to knockout...

I will agree that the Pele fight was somewhat premature as far as the stoppage goes, I'd have to see more from Silva.

But, with that said, I've heard that Fedor's camp already has a guy up and coming that is pretty dominant himself. His trainers are saying he is as dominant as Fedor, so it'll be interesting to see what the Red Devil Camp starts putting out into the MMA world. Some of these upcoming UFC fighters may have their hands full.

As mentioned you are probably talking about Kiril Sidelnikov, he is definitely an upandcomer, but unfortunately lost his last fight to doctor stoppage after the second (just read about it, don't know the story)... But only being 18, he's got plenty of time to develope...

Post #49   7/26/07 10:43:55AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by LR

Hmmm... I wasn't getting "in a bind" as you stated. And I understood the post you made. But I guess in a general sense, a lot of fans here consider Fedor's striking to be less prolific as a lot of fighters.

I'm sorry if you thought my comment was toward your comment. I was relating to the Randy comment at the end, but in a general sense, I think a lot of people consider Fedor's striking a downer.

ok no sweat, i think some downplay his striking too, but when hes so good on the ground its easy to overlook his stand up.....the guys is great all around though or he wouldnt be the consensus #1

Post #50   7/26/07 10:44:46AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by LR

He KO'd Cabbage, one of the worst fighters that the UFC had for awhile. He literally absorbed punches on his face for round after round. It doesn't matter if he has the power to actually KO Cabbage, he was literally bitchslapped by both Sylvia and Arvloski.

I was really referring to power with my "KO'd Cabbage statement... I know he's not a great fighter, but damn difficult to knockout...

I will agree that the Pele fight was somewhat premature as far as the stoppage goes, I'd have to see more from Silva.

But, with that said, I've heard that Fedor's camp already has a guy up and coming that is pretty dominant himself. His trainers are saying he is as dominant as Fedor, so it'll be interesting to see what the Red Devil Camp starts putting out into the MMA world. Some of these upcoming UFC fighters may have their hands full.

As mentioned you are probably talking about Kiril Sidelnikov, he is definitely an upandcomer, but unfortunately lost his last fight to doctor stoppage after the second (just read about it, don't know the story)... But only being 18, he's got plenty of time to develope...

Yeah, I watched a couple vids on Kiril, Not overly impressive, but he was pretty good in the standup for only being 18. It'll be interesting to see him develop.

Post #51   7/26/07 10:51:14AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Fedor isn't a technical striker. Fedor is like Wandy. They can be very wild, relying on their power to do the damage. Fedor doesn't and will never put on a striking clinic like a Anderson Silva. Fedor is going to throw bombs. Kind of like Chuck. They'll come out of nowhere and BOOM, you're down. Igor is the same way

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #52   7/26/07 4:03:19PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
He's definitely not a technical striker, but he sure knows how to avoid the counter very well. And the shots he takes make his opponents really think twice about trying to counter as well.

Post #53   7/26/07 4:23:28PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Damnit.. I knew I shouldn't have gotten so high before writing that article.

Post #54   8/2/07 1:48:08PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

Brock Lensar is a former WWE champion of course he would beat Fedor with ease. The match i really want to see is Hulk Hogan VS Fedor there is no way Fedor could get up from the leg drop [/QUOTE

So I dont understand? Do you think wrestling is real? Brock Lesner is an idiot when it comes to being an athlete. He went from, college wrestling to WWE to NFL to MMA, he has no future in MMA for sure and to say he would beat any the #1 heavyweight in the world?

Hulk Hogan is also an "Actor", no chance. I dont think there would be a atomic leg drop (never would be used in real fighting) since he would be crying on the mat as his arm snapped from a kamura (actual fight move) from Fedor.

Post #55   8/2/07 5:23:27PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4