Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

IFL To Start Drug Testing

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The commissioner of the IFL, Kurt Otto, is a very busy man. He and his partner Gareb Shamus have single-handedly started up the first team mixed martial arts promotion in America...

Link

Last edited 7/24/07 6:50AM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/24/07 6:49:22AM   

DougDrex

Learning to Sprawl

DougDrex Avatar

Career:1,374-738
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Dana White, and the UFC, have to be feeling the pressure to institute some type of independent drug testing if they want to avoid more bad media coverage.

Besides, most fans want to see fighters compete without the assistance of performance enhancing drugs. If you can't win without the drugs, either compete with the understanding that you will never be a champion or don't compete at all!!

Post #2   7/24/07 8:21:52AM   

punkrockike

Learning to Sprawl

punkrockike Avatar

Career:202-125
Camp: Team Frost Shards
Chips:
ive come to the conclusion that i dont think alot of Fighters are using roids to "get bigger, stronger, faster" (although yes im sure some are.) it seems to me like more and more fighters are using it to recover faster. training for fights means you have to fight. and fighting always comes with getting injured.

so the pressure is on. lots of money, set fight dates ect ect. you get injured and if you take something that will make you heal faster so you can get in there and do the fight....

i just think alot of people are assuming its dudes juicing to get huge. im not sure thats really whats plaguing the UFC and mma world in general. i think its just the injury rate and dudes wanting to recover faster. thats my two cents.

Last edited 7/24/07 10:52AM server time by punkrockike
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/24/07 10:52:36AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

I dont see guys wanting to gain weight they are always wanting to cut to make their weight

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   7/24/07 1:20:42PM   

pharside

MMA Regular

pharside Avatar

Career:346-216
Chips:
If they wanted to get bigger they would just take HGH cuss its harder or theres not a test at all from what I hear.

Post #5   7/24/07 8:58:29PM