Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Sherk

Print  
Posted By Message

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,089-1,272
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
If Sean Sherk loses his appeal, does his record stay as a win or a loss, or does it show a disqualification? Just a question. I also think that he should be stripped of the title. What does everyone else think? Thank you.

Post #1   7/23/07 4:50:56PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I believe it will end up as a no contest because they both tested positive. He DEFINITELY should be stripped IMO, it would look terrible for the UFC to allow someone that technically cheated to hold the title, let alone he wouldn't be able to defend it for roughly a year.

My question is, if Franca didn't test positive, would he have the belt once Sherk loses the appeal?

Post #2   7/23/07 5:27:15PM   

Piccosaur

MMA Regular

Piccosaur Avatar

Career:3-1
Camp: RB Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

My question is, if Franca didn't test positive, would he have the belt once Sherk loses the appeal?

I think by MMA standards overall, you ALWAYS need to win a fight to get the belt. So I think he would just be next in line to fight for a vacant title.

Post #3   7/23/07 5:35:22PM   

Signal2112

Standup Guy

Signal2112 Avatar

Career:52-22
Chips:
I think Sherk should lose his belt, for sure. I'm sure the UFC can get some good competition together to fight for the vacant belt. I'm deeply saddened by this whole affair.

Post #4   7/23/07 6:17:14PM   

gomez

Learning to Sprawl

gomez Avatar

Career:732-448
Camp: SweepTheLeg
Chips:
if he loses his appeal will he lose the belt? i had so much respect for the shark but cuz of this he blows now. any fighter that takes steroids is a moran i dont care injury or not. hermes too, he is cryin that he had an injury and needed the money for his family. what a doosh. if this is gonna b ur career to put food in ur kids stomachs, then postpone the fight if the injury is 2 serious & go sign some ****** autographs, make some apperences, and make that paper till ur healed 2 fight.

Post #5   7/23/07 6:51:33PM   

chrismess121

Learning to Sprawl

Career:532-353
Chips:
I read some where,

The CSAC doesn't have the authority to overturn the outcome in a fight.

So Sherk is lucky the fight wasn't in Nevada.

Post #6   7/23/07 9:13:21PM   

mma_fan_matt

MMA Regular

Career:145-79
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
The fight was in Cali right? It'll probably stay a win. I only say so because Royce's "win" still counts.

Post #7   7/24/07 6:06:39PM