Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Angry Bisping to go on the Rampage in Big Bear

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
When the name "Matt Hamill" first came up as a prospective UFC 75 opponent, undefeated light heavyweight and The Ultimate Fighter season 3 winner Michael Bisping was, well, underwhelmed.

LINK

Post #1   7/23/07 1:45:03PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I would like to see Hamill win this, although I don't think its gonna happen. But I still disagree with the statements about how pure wrestling alone won't win you fights in MMA. Look at Matt Hughes, Koscheck, Couture, etc. its their wrestling alone that won them fights, however koscheck and couture have evolved to incorporate some striking in(still think hughes has the shittiest stand up of all former champions).

Anyways, Bisping by 3rd round TKO.

Post #2   7/23/07 2:21:37PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I understand where Bisping is coming from, but he has to understand that alot of people want to see this fight.

Bisping round 2 TKO

Post #3   7/23/07 2:23:27PM   

DougDrex

Learning to Sprawl

DougDrex Avatar

Career:1,374-738
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I agree with Violentcuv. I understand that Bisping wants tougher competition so that he can move up the LHW ranks, but the fans want to see this matchup so he can prove that his TUF win was no fluke. If he wins this fight (and I believe that he will), I have no reason to doubt that the UFC will allow him to step up in competition.

Post #4   7/23/07 2:53:28PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I don't think Bisping realizes that Hamill is getting better and better with his striking, it's still far from Bispings but just to say that he's a one demential fighter is kinda harsh because he's been training with Ortiz and Grove and picking up some submissions and stand-up, and he should be careful because if he gets taken down he could be in trouble and standing, he could get caught with a punch if he's to cocky.

Bisping by decision

Post #5   7/23/07 2:58:50PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I think Bisping wins this fight without much problem. He is strong enough that he can handle Hamill's wrestling. Bisping will be able to keep this fight standing up, and his striking is much better. I believe this is the wrong weightclass for Hamill, he needs to move down to 185. Hamill has enough raw talent to become a solid fighter in the UFC, but not at LHW.

Post #6   7/23/07 3:30:23PM   

Yaknowhaimean

Learning to Sprawl

Yaknowhaimean Avatar

Career:148-98
Camp: UFCmaniacs
Chips:
Haha, shin on chin...

The most interesting part of this, I think, is that Bisping is training with Rampage for this fight. Now that Hamill is no longer training with Team Punishment (Tito has said this numerous times lately, saying Hamill's people wanted to take him in a different direction or something), I can't imagine Hamill training as hard as Bisping will with Rampage at Big Bear.

Of course, Rampage and Bisping are two of my favorite fighters, so I am really just excited to see their training footage / all access the week before UFC 75, that will be hilarious!

Post #7   7/23/07 3:44:05PM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
i see it being a walk for bisping. not doubting hamill but bisping is a beast

Post #8   7/23/07 4:08:37PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
After hearing that Hams left Big Bear and that Bisbing is going to start training there I immediately thought to myself that Bisbing was going to knock the socks off Hams. I thought it was just plain stupid to leave Tito's camp when Tito is one of the top GnP guys around. Hams definitely needed to learn better striking and better BJJ though. Tito could help with the BJJ but the striking was something he needed to seek out some where else.

Post #9   7/23/07 4:19:22PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
i'll take bisbing in this one

Post #10   7/23/07 4:26:50PM   

chiefwiggum

MMA Regular

chiefwiggum Avatar

Career:140-72
Camp: whoflungpoo
Chips:
I may be the only one not looking forward to this fight. To be honest neither fighter have impressed me yet.

Post #11   7/23/07 5:20:43PM   

charpy06

Learning to Sprawl

charpy06 Avatar

Career:75-51
Camp: Camp Domination
Chips:
Bisping is right, Matt is a pig headed bastard. Matt is going to try to shoot in and Bisping is going to knee him right in the face! KO baby!

Post #12   7/23/07 6:02:42PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by charpy06

Bisping is right, Matt is a pig headed bastard. Matt is going to try to shoot in and Bisping is going to knee him right in the face! KO baby!

Let's just hope he doesn't have a chin liek Sherk otherwise it will be a long night for Bisbing.

Post #13   7/23/07 7:02:21PM   

chris_armour

Learning to Sprawl

chris_armour Avatar

Career:221-165
Chips:
bisbing by devastating KO round 1

Post #14   7/23/07 7:15:58PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by nubby

After hearing that Hams left Big Bear and that Bisbing is going to start training there I immediately thought to myself that Bisbing was going to knock the socks off Hams. I thought it was just plain stupid to leave Tito's camp when Tito is one of the top GnP guys around. Hams definitely needed to learn better striking and better BJJ though. Tito could help with the BJJ but the striking was something he needed to seek out some where else.

I think we've seen his chin, on TUF, and he couldn't really handle taking abuse, it seems he has a lack of heart and toughness. Sure he's evolved, but that's not something you learn, you're born with it or you're not. BTW, why do you insist on calling him Hams?? lol that's just weird

Post #15   7/23/07 8:02:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2