Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kalib Starnes VS Alan Belcher at UFC 77

Print  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=8366

It's the second article on the page.

Kalib Starnes (Pictures) to meet Alan Belcher (Pictures) at UFC 77

Kultar Gill (Pictures)'s Revolution Fight Team stablemate Kalib Starnes (Pictures) exclusively told Sherdog.com that he will be fighting on the same card as the Anderson Silva-Rich Franklin (Pictures) rematch at UFC 77 in Cincinnati, Ohio. And although the contract is not yet signed, he's expecting to square off against Alan Belcher (Pictures).

He plans on continuing the bi-coastal training routine that he has set up with the Revolution Fight Team in Vancouver, as well as American Top Team in Florida. It is this combination that helped him achieve success over Chris Leben (Pictures) at UFC 71 in May.

Kalib claimed that each location has its own benefits. Vancouver for instance, in addition to being the home of his young daughter, provides him with world class ground training from 5-time world BJJ champion Fernandez, as well as Colin Daynes, who represented Canada in Greco Roman wrestling at the 96 Olympic Games.

"These guys are comparable, if not better than anywhere else in the world," Starnes opined.

But when it comes to the weakest part of his skill set -- which Kalib freely admits is his boxing -- Florida is the place to be.

"The weakest part of my game has been my boxing," said the Ultimate Fighter vet, "so to come down here to focus with an Olympic Gold Medalist with almost 40 years experience in the game, Howard Davis Jr. -- that's invaluable.

"I can get great training in Vancouver, but when it comes to sparring, in Florida I have twenty guys in my weight class to spar with as opposed to two in Vancouver. I need to have guys in there all the time who are better than me or as good as me, and that's what I get down here."

"He's got heavy hands and he hits hard, and he has some jiu-jitsu experience," said Starnes of his potential opponent. "He'll be a big boy, so it should be a good fight."

Post #1   7/23/07 9:45:35AM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Probably will be a decent match. I'm just not real excited to see it.

Post #2   7/23/07 9:52:11AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Violentcuv

Post #3   7/23/07 10:08:58AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Posted by Violentcuv

and I am going to this event.

Post #4   7/23/07 4:34:46PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Posted by Violentcuv

and I am going to this event.

So am I thats why I had to comment. I understand undercards aren't going to be the best so it's cool. It just sucks that alot of the fighters fighting at 77 fought at 68. I don't want to see Tim again. Once is more than enough for him.

Post #5   7/23/07 6:09:39PM