Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cro Cop in a cage For The 1st Time

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

IMO the cage should be an effective tool to the match not having to be restarted. This should give him more opportunity to get the KO. I look forward to seeing how or if it effects his skills.

I agree, I think it will make it even easier to finish fights by KO or TKO. I can't wait to see/hear the crowd's reaction when he throws that high kick.

Post #16   2/2/07 11:15:30AM   

BalledBull

Learning to Sprawl

BalledBull Avatar

Career:222-135
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by allevil86

I used to get pissed about trolling but if it's something they actually thoght about before they posted it it is kinda funny sometimes unlike the above.

Cro-cop answered this question in a interview right after he signed with the UFC. He said the octagon looks like a socccer field, it's so big. It's larger than a pride ring, and he'll have a lot more room to maneuver. That being said, he did use the ropes pretty well to bounce off of in pride, and we won't know till someone like Randy pins him against the cage on the ground ,how he will react. If he get's taken down, their will be no more restarts to move him to the center of the ring when he got tangled in the ropes. It's got advantages and disadvantages, Still, his takedown defense is rivaled only by Chuck.

I didnt see that interview (wish I would have) however being in the ring for 14 years then seeing the octagon for the first time I do know that there are alot of differences in terms of size. This is where the question comes from, in my opinion Cro Cop found a way to use the ring to the fullest by using the rope-a-dope. I am anxiously awaiting his octagon debut to see if the cage plays a factor in his performance. If you have never fought as a sport you dont realize that the ring makes such a huge diffrence. I started boxing in a standard 18X18' ring, taking 2' or adding 2' changes the way I fight. The diffrences here are much greater than 2'! Please Realize that we will see a change of strategy on the part of CroCop! There are no ropes to bounce off of, and there is no restarts due to being too close to the edge. We may not see it his first fight, but eventually we will see the cage play a factor in his performance, hopefully he is prepared.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #17   2/2/07 11:22:33AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Chips:
Thats it man! You nailed it, there is no way that after finely tuning your fighting ability to fight in the ring, then stepping into a cage, it would make no change in the way you fight. It will play a factor eventually, IMO for the better!!

Post #18   2/2/07 12:12:15PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
6 inch taller, 70lb heavier judoka...........Fedor?

Right on the button...

Post #19   2/2/07 12:22:28PM   

jeffgwa

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-23
Chips:

Posted by allevil86

being in a cage probably won't affect him kicking eddies head into the floor seats.

Actually it will, Eddie's head will bounce off the cage instead of landing in the 4th row.

Post #20   2/2/07 6:13:46PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
I dont think it will affect CroCop... at least not with Sanchez....i just hope he breaks him down slowly...i prefer a 3rd round TKO over 1st anyday

Post #21   2/2/07 6:40:01PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I dont think it will affect CroCop... at least not with Sanchez....i just hope he breaks him down slowly...i prefer a 3rd round TKO over 1st anyday

I do too except for now. No one would bet against cc so I started taking round bets. I got a few on cc for round 1... Come on cc bring the pain upon these mortals

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #22   2/2/07 7:30:02PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2