Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tyson Griffin VS Thiago Tavares at UFC 76

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,041-1,688
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

There is no way that Tyson Griffin can lose this fight, unless he gets caught in some retarded sub which is not going to happen.

The undefeated guys are always overhyped, it will be Griffin all the way. I doubt that this will be a war either, most likely pure domination by Griffin.

Look, I could see Tyson winning, but I wouldnt talk about somebody being overhyped when they are fighting Tyson Griffin. He is the result of the hype machine, and thats why he was gifted the fight against Guida.

Post #16   7/22/07 1:37:53PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by silverbullet

There is no way that Tyson Griffin can lose this fight, unless he gets caught in some retarded sub which is not going to happen.

The undefeated guys are always overhyped, it will be Griffin all the way. I doubt that this will be a war either, most likely pure domination by Griffin.

Look, I could see Tyson winning, but I wouldnt talk about somebody being overhyped when they are fighting Tyson Griffin. He is the result of the hype machine, and thats why he was gifted the fight against Guida.

I agree that Guida won that fight, but Tyson looked extremely good. There is no way Tavares can win because he is nothing more than a BJJ wizard. Tavares will not be able to take Griffin down, and if he does, Griffin will stand right back up. I do not see Griffin getting caught in a submission, unless he gets sloppy and ends up in a triangle.

Post #17   7/22/07 2:33:16PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by jay98107

Posted by silverbullet

I agree that Guida won that fight, but Tyson looked extremely good. There is no way Tavares can win because he is nothing more than a BJJ wizard. Tavares will not be able to take Griffin down, and if he does, Griffin will stand right back up. I do not see Griffin getting caught in a submission, unless he gets sloppy and ends up in a triangle.

I agree that he wont take him down, I just see a magic submission being pulled off. It has the makings of a very interesting fight none the less

Post #18   7/22/07 2:54:57PM   

DevMahon

MMA Regular

DevMahon Avatar

Career:779-401
Chips:
I have to come to the defense of Goldberg here (not something I usually do); he never said that Tavares fought/acted/moved like a young Vitor Belfort, he simply said that they looked alike except for the size difference. And he actually has a point, Thiago does look like Vitor. They do not fight at all alike, but he never said that. Goldberg says a lot of dumb crap, you don't need to make stuff up to make him look bad.

Post #19   7/22/07 5:42:57PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DevMahon

I have to come to the defense of Goldberg here (not something I usually do); he never said that Tavares fought/acted/moved like a young Vitor Belfort, he simply said that they looked alike except for the size difference. And he actually has a point, Thiago does look like Vitor. They do not fight at all alike, but he never said that. Goldberg says a lot of dumb crap, you don't need to make stuff up to make him look bad.

I wasnt, whoever originally posted "he looks like a young vitor" in the thread is at fault, and he did it out of context with no reference to the original goldberg quote.

Post #20   7/22/07 9:56:32PM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
tavares was sick on abe

Post #21   7/23/07 1:14:10AM   

Gkizi

MMA Regular

Gkizi Avatar

Career:202-120
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Tyson is very difficult to submit.Edgar applied a very tight kneebar and he didn't tap,same in his fight against Guida.But I think Thiago has better Jiu Jitsu skills than Edgar and Guida,so he can submit Tyson.

WAR TAVARES !!

Post #22   7/23/07 2:36:59AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,018-656
Chips:
This is going to be a hell of a fight. Tavares all the way. After this fight I would love to see............

Huerta Vs. Tavares

Post #23   7/23/07 8:26:14AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by Gkizi

Tyson is very difficult to submit.Edgar applied a very tight kneebar and he didn't tap,same in his fight against Guida.But I think Thiago has better Jiu Jitsu skills than Edgar and Guida,so he can submit Tyson.

WAR TAVARES !!

That's the only way Tavares can win - getting lucky with a sub. I'm not sure if that is a great winning strategy

Post #24   7/23/07 10:14:20AM   

TuRocks

Learning to Sprawl

TuRocks Avatar

Career:1,904-1,098
Camp: Niskis Brothers
Chips:

Posted by Gkizi

WAR TAVARES !!

Actually Tyson had Edgar on a kneebar.

This is gonna be a killer fight. Very hard to pick a winner. I want more fights like this, not fights like Huerta vs Crane.

Post #25   7/24/07 2:21:41AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2