Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor vs a bear

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:

LMAO of course!!

It's a classic matchup of strength vs. experience. Fedor's experience in the ring will be a major advantage. Fedor will come in with a game plan. The bear on the other hand, has no experience in the ring and we can't be sure if the huge amount of fans there cheering for Fedor will rattle the Bear or not. For all we know the bear might see all the people and start mauling the audience. I am not sure, but my guess would be that qualifies as a DQ.

Fedor definately has the better sub game, arm bars, leg locks and chokes all are part of his game. The Bear's BJJ skills are among the worst in mma, with only the Bear Hug being a viable option for submitting Fedor.

As far as striking goes, Fedor's standup game, while brilliant, lacks the large caliber guns needed to KO the bear. Fedor's best bet is to stick and move, hoping to score points with his jab while staying out of the Bear's grasp. The Bear's claws could pose a problem for Fedor, as he is known to bleed easily. In general though the bear should skip the striking and look for the take down.

In the wrestling department, I think the Bear holds an advantage. The Bear's superior strength and wide stance will negate Fedor's throws from the clinch. The Bear's sprawl and takedown defense are legendary, and if Fedor goes for a double leg, he will be in trouble. The Bear's takedowns are simple yet efficient. He runs at you, he runs over you.

All things considered, I think this fight revolves around three questions:

1. Which Bear are we going to see in there? Is it the Grizzly that wrecked havoc on John Candy and Dan Akroyd in "The Great Outdoors" or the potbellied, honey-junkie from Pooh Corner?

2. What time of year is it? Everyone knows that the Bear under-performs during his winter hibernation.

3. How Hungry is the Bear?

My prediction: In a fight resembling Tyson-Holyfield, Fedor wins be DQ when the bear, after taking Fedor down, begins biting his face off.

Good analysis. Exactly what I was hoping for, very thought out and intelligent. I think Fedor might outmanuever and sink in a rear naked choke on the bear as well though, the bear's striking is not the crisp or fast, Fedor should be able to duck a haymaker and jump on its back, sinking in a choke.

Post #16   7/23/07 6:39:52PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by LHK

LMAO of course!!

It's a classic matchup of strength vs. experience. Fedor's experience in the ring will be a major advantage. Fedor will come in with a game plan. The bear on the other hand, has no experience in the ring and we can't be sure if the huge amount of fans there cheering for Fedor will rattle the Bear or not. For all we know the bear might see all the people and start mauling the audience. I am not sure, but my guess would be that qualifies as a DQ.

Fedor definately has the better sub game, arm bars, leg locks and chokes all are part of his game. The Bear's BJJ skills are among the worst in mma, with only the Bear Hug being a viable option for submitting Fedor.

As far as striking goes, Fedor's standup game, while brilliant, lacks the large caliber guns needed to KO the bear. Fedor's best bet is to stick and move, hoping to score points with his jab while staying out of the Bear's grasp. The Bear's claws could pose a problem for Fedor, as he is known to bleed easily. In general though the bear should skip the striking and look for the take down.

In the wrestling department, I think the Bear holds an advantage. The Bear's superior strength and wide stance will negate Fedor's throws from the clinch. The Bear's sprawl and takedown defense are legendary, and if Fedor goes for a double leg, he will be in trouble. The Bear's takedowns are simple yet efficient. He runs at you, he runs over you.

All things considered, I think this fight revolves around three questions:

1. Which Bear are we going to see in there? Is it the Grizzly that wrecked havoc on John Candy and Dan Akroyd in "The Great Outdoors" or the potbellied, honey-junkie from Pooh Corner?

2. What time of year is it? Everyone knows that the Bear under-performs during his winter hibernation.

3. How Hungry is the Bear?

My prediction: In a fight resembling Tyson-Holyfield, Fedor wins be DQ when the bear, after taking Fedor down, begins biting his face off.

Good analysis. Exactly what I was hoping for, very thought out and intelligent. I think Fedor might outmanuever and sink in a rear naked choke on the bear as well though, the bear's striking is not the crisp or fast, Fedor should be able to duck a haymaker and jump on its back, sinking in a choke.

Can you choke a bear?

Post #17   7/31/07 4:26:23PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2