Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who should Big Nog fight next

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I actually think Arlovski could KO him. Herring dropped him with one of the worst kicks I've ever seen.

Post #16   7/22/07 2:03:22PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Vera,Andrei,Sylvia one of them

Post #17   7/23/07 12:02:02AM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
AA would be the best, and if not, vera

Post #18   7/23/07 3:41:18AM   

Pandaiga

Learning to Sprawl

Pandaiga Avatar

Career:23-20
Camp: Team Taycv
Chips:
to be honest, i wasnt impressed with big nog at all. I think aa may even give him trouble.

Post #19   7/25/07 2:41:21PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
I could have sworn that Mir earned himself a title fight last night.Randy is out for now .So we should have Nog vs mir. Randy should fight the winner. then Fedor. That would answer a lot of questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited 2/3/08 9:36AM server time by soundboy1
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #20   2/3/08 9:29:37AM   

MMALifer

Learning to Sprawl

Career:145-98
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Nog Vs. Monson would be interesting and if the old Frank Mir returns then Nog vs. Mir would be crazy.

Agreed on Nog vs Mir. Both have similar styles.

Post #21   2/3/08 12:10:58PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Pandaiga

to be honest, i wasnt impressed with big nog at all. I think aa may even give him trouble.

No you weren't impressed with the fact he can take a punch and keep moving for subs no matter what? Or that his boxing is really crisp and he won the 2nd round IMO by out boxing a guy 4 inches taller? Or the fact that if you give him any opening of any kind he'll submit you in the blink of an eye? I guess not much in mma impresses you.

Post #22   2/3/08 12:55:10PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by soundboy1

I could have sworn that Mir earned himself a title fight last night.Randy is out for now .So we should have Nog vs mir. Randy should fight the winner. then Fedor. That would answer a lot of questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So Mir pulls a sub after getting pwned by a guy with one fight under his belt and that makes him deserve a shot? Frank Mir's ground game is not in the same league as Nog's. Nog's boxing is better and both of their takedowns are fairly weak. This is one of the few matchups where I think there is ZERO chance of Mir winning.

Really, unless Couture comes back there is no clear cut match for Nog right now. I think we need to see a round of HW matchups before a clear contender emerges. Werdum has been rumored to be the no. 1 contender, but with Nog winning I don't really think this fight makes sense. Nog won the first matchup convincingly, and Werdum's moniker as "a poor man's Noguiera" really doesn't speak well for the style matchup.

Post #23   2/3/08 1:55:38PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Not Sylvia for sure, the division is to good for a rubber match.

These people if they have a great win in their next fight
Kongo
AA
Werdum

If they win twice
CC
Jake O'Brian
Vera (Maybe three wins but I dont see that happening)
Frank Mir

Post #24   2/3/08 2:17:52PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

No you weren't impressed with the fact he can take a punch and keep moving for subs no matter what? Or that his boxing is really crisp and he won the 2nd round IMO by out boxing a guy 4 inches taller? Or the fact that if you give him any opening of any kind he'll submit you in the blink of an eye? I guess not much in mma impresses you.

^^Agreed, I personally thought Sylvia could KO Nog but that guy is the same warrior he was in Pride and stuck threw it until a chance for a submission came open. He had a great jab too to Tim's face in the second round

Post #25   2/3/08 2:21:39PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

^^Agreed, I personally thought Sylvia could KO Nog but that guy is the same warrior he was in Pride and stuck threw it until a chance for a submission came open. He had a great jab too to Tim's face in the second round

Ummm, to be fair look at the date that Pandaiga posted... he was talking about the Herring fight.

Post #26   2/3/08 2:42:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pandaiga

guys...look at the date of those posts, they are talking about his fight with herring. and cmill, i don't agree with nog winning the second round of the fight, but it was still admirable of amazing that he was able to come back like that. you can't be disappointed in either fighter after that fight and i hope nog beats werdum again so randy or fedor might come in although i t is unlikely.

btw, why was this thread TTT? it is from nog's last fight with herring so why couldn't we just leave it alone?

Post #27   2/3/08 2:44:22PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Did I miss something??

Dana announced after UFC 80 that Werdum gets the winner and the next shot..

Did something change?

Post #28   2/3/08 5:50:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2