Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ortiz talks Evans & Rematch

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
The 'Huntington Beach Bad Boy' Tito Ortiz spoke with MMAWeekly about his UFC 73 draw against 'Sugar' Rashad Evans, the point deduction for grabbing the fence and the rematch.

LINK

Post #1   7/21/07 11:08:49AM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Excuses, nothing but bullshit. I refuse to read anything else Tito related every again, he is an excuse maker and very, very annoying to top it all off.

Last edited 7/22/07 2:50PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Fighter Bashing

Post #2   7/21/07 2:12:30PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Excuses, nothing but bullshit. I refuse to read anything else Tito related every again, he is an excuse maker and very, very annoying to top it all off.

Good for you.

Last edited 7/22/07 2:51PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/21/07 3:03:29PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by MisFiT

Excuses, nothing but bullshit. I refuse to read anything else Tito related every again, he is an excuse maker, and very, very annoying to top it all off.

Good for you.

lol o... k?

Post #4   7/21/07 3:19:49PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Excuses, nothing but bullshit. I refuse to read anything else Tito related every again, he is an excuse maker, and very, very annoying to top it all off.

I get a feeling that you may not be a big fan of Tito Ortiz?

Post #5   7/21/07 3:23:51PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by MisFiT

I get a feeling that you may not be a big fan of Tito Ortiz?

Not at all.

Last edited 7/22/07 2:52PM server time by zephead

Post #6   7/21/07 3:29:12PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Making plenty of excuses. I wish fighters would just learn to keep their mouths shut when they lose!

Tito gave a terrible performance, end of, it just looks bad when the excuses start flying out, and its not just Tito who is guilty of it, Sylvia, Frank Shamrock etc. There is always a backlash to it aswell, whether it be immediate booing, or people generally losing respect for the fighter. Stop with the excuses!

Post #7   7/21/07 4:08:08PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i hate tito but i juss want him to KO rashad out....i hate rashad more than tito, i think both should juss go to the WEC or sumthing.....i hate rashad ever since his first fight in TUF, and tito juss talks to much and doesnt have nothing to back it with......if u ask me i dont think rashad or tito can hang with shogun, chuck, wanderlei, hendo or rampage, or any true top contender...

but thats juss my opinion

Post #8   7/21/07 4:09:12PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Making plenty of excuses. I wish fighters would just learn to keep their mouths shut when they lose!

Tito gave a terrible performance, end of, it just looks bad when the excuses start flying out, and its not just Tito who is guilty of it, Sylvia, Frank Shamrock etc. There is always a backlash to it aswell, whether it be immediate booing, or people generally losing respect for the fighter. Stop with the excuses!

That's not true. When Randy lost to Liddell almost everyone said it was because of his emotional problems with his personal life etc etc. No one said a thing about Randy making excuses. When BJ Penn lost to Hughes, it was because of his cardio, when he lost to GSP it was because of his cardio. When Manny lost to diaz it was because of his shoulder, when CC lost to Gonzaga it was because he didn't take Gonzaga seriously, when GSP lost to Serra it was because he didn't take Serra seriously. When Vitor Belfort lost to Tito it was because of his siter being kidnapped. When Liddell lost to Couture it was because he was out of shape, and when he lost to Rampage it was because he was out partying all night. Excuses abound but no other fighter in the history of this sport gets as much flack as Tito Ortiz.

You guys can sit here and criticize him all you want for his excuses or his bullshit or his annoying personality. The reality is he has done more for the sport than any other fighter to bring it to the mainstream and is still probably the most popular fighter getting into that cage. But pardon me if I don't agree with the way people trash talk him like he is the devil of the sport when it's still people like Dana White who refuses to pay fighters a decent wage and the only one willing to stand up and say anything at all is Tito Ortiz. The type of crap that spews from you guys sometimes really disgusts me. Don't you have anything better to do then get on here and shit talk Ortiz because you simply don't like him? I thought this web site was supposed to disallow that kind of behavior. Seems to be that more and more this place is becoming like Sherdog.

Post #9   7/21/07 5:05:04PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by Mastodon2

That's not true. When Randy lost to Liddell almost everyone said it was because of his emotional problems with his personal life etc etc. No one said a thing about Randy making excuses. When BJ Penn lost to Hughes, it was because of his cardio, when he lost to GSP it was because of his cardio. When Manny lost to diaz it was because of his shoulder, when CC lost to Gonzaga it was because he didn't take Gonzaga seriously, when GSP lost to Serra it was because he didn't take Serra seriously. When Vitor Belfort lost to Tito it was because of his siter being kidnapped. When Liddell lost to Couture it was because he was out of shape, and when he lost to Rampage it was because he was out partying all night. Excuses abound but no other fighter in the history of this sport gets as much flack as Tito Ortiz.

You guys can sit here and criticize him all you want for his excuses or his bullshit or his annoying personality. The reality is he has done more for the sport than any other fighter to bring it to the mainstream and is still probably the most popular fighter getting into that cage. But pardon me if I don't agree with the way people trash talk him like he is the devil of the sport when it's still people like Dana White who refuses to pay fighters a decent wage and the only one willing to stand up and say anything at all is Tito Ortiz. The type of crap that spews from you guys sometimes really disgusts me. Don't you have anything better to do then get on here and shit talk Ortiz because you simply don't like him? I thought this web site was supposed to disallow that kind of behavior. Seems to be that more and more this place is becoming like Sherdog.

you hit it right on the head. everyone should read this!!!

Post #10   7/21/07 5:14:53PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:
^
I
I
some of the stuff u said is true, but i juss dont like him cus for new fans when they see that, all they see is him trashtalking and having no respect for the other fighters skills, and thats what the think the whole sport is about.

and about the other fighters GSP not taking matt serra serious??? he did take him serious, is ppl that say that, not him....same with almost all the ther others fighters u mentioned....they dont make excuses..PEOPLE do juss because they refuse to accept that they're favourite fighter lost becuase his opponent was better or more skilled..... Tito is different cus people dont make excuses for him, he does, but thats juss who he is and he like being that, the bad boy of the sport, he likes the spotlight and i say let him have it...................

Post #11   7/21/07 5:23:12PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

^
I
I
some of the stuff u said is true, but i juss dont like him cus for new fans when they see that, all they see is him trashtalking and having no respect for the other fighters skills, and thats what the think the whole sport is about.

and about the other fighters GSP not taking matt serra serious??? he did take him serious, is ppl that say that, not him....same with almost all the ther others fighters u mentioned....they dont make excuses..PEOPLE do juss because they refuse to accept that they're favourite fighter lost becuase his opponent was better or more skilled..... Tito is different cus people dont make excuses for him, he does, but thats juss who he is and he like being that, the bad boy of the sport, he likes the spotlight and i say let him have it...................

GSP
http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/05/16/matt-serra-georges-st-pierre-drew-first-blood/

Randy on numerous occasions has stated that he believes his fall in performance was due to his own personal problems like his divorce.

Bj Penn on his loss to MAtt Hughes
http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/B.J.-Penn-Claims-Rib-Injury-Influenced-Loss-To-Matt-Hughes.html

And these three are some of the most popular in the sport.

Post #12   7/21/07 6:52:35PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Chips:

all that is true, but its their sportsmanship, randy win/loose he is always humble , so is GSP, and in numerous interviews be4 the fight he said matt s very dangerous opponent, listen to wat he says after the fight,they never complain about the ref.

u never see GSP or randy couture trash talking anyone, they never say anything to put their opponets down, they respect their skills.

chuck liddel when he lost to page he said he made a mistake and got caught, he didnt say nothing about partyin aftected him, he said he always does that and never got in the way......

tito trash talks and he might say its a part of his game , gettin inside the opponents head, and to me he makes the sport look bad,,,,, i mean tito complains about the ref grabbing the fence, like common man u saw how he grabbed it..................................................anyways thats my opinion and u have urs

Post #13   7/21/07 7:05:12PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Yeah my boy tito had a bad performance but its all good he will be back and return with the best ground in pound in the ufc PERIOD!!

Post #14   7/21/07 7:34:40PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,190-783
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

all that is true, but its their sportsmanship, randy win/loose he is always humble , so is GSP, and in numerous interviews be4 the fight he said matt s very dangerous opponent, listen to wat he says after the fight,they never complain about the ref.

u never see GSP or randy couture trash talking anyone, they never say anything to put their opponets down, they respect their skills.

chuck liddel when he lost to page he said he made a mistake and got caught, he didnt say nothing about partyin aftected him, he said he always does that and never got in the way......

tito trash talks and he might say its a part of his game , gettin inside the opponents head, and to me he makes the sport look bad,,,,, i mean tito complains about the ref grabbing the fence, like common man u saw how he grabbed it..................................................anyways thats my opinion and u have urs

except when GSP did say that he took serra lightly, it seems like everyone makes excuses and everyone accepts them if your name isnt Tito Ortiz. It is possible to humble like randy and GSP and make excuses. I dont understand how he makes the sport look bad. He draws in new and old fans, he lead the UFC through the dark ages, he's steroid/drug free (as far as we know). And how many other fighters would have complained about the point deduction, just about everyone of them

Post #15   7/21/07 7:58:09PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3