Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hopefully UFC can consolidate alot of these other fight organazation..

Print  
Posted By Message

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
What do you think? Wouldnt it be great if there was only one major company like the UFC and everyone fought under that company. Like the NFL, MLB, NBA , NFL the UFC kinda fits right in there with 3 letters also( one can hope). It would be great seeing the highlights on ESPN and have fightes every day and split them up by camps and divisions just like how the NBA, NFL, NHL etc doe, Hey one can dream right??

Last edited 2/1/07 9:08AM server time by www-WeLoan-us
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/1/07 8:48:38AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

What do you think? Wouldnt it be great if there was only one major company like the UFC and everyone fought under that company. Like the NFL, MLB, NBA , NFL the UFC kinda fits right in there with 3 letters also( one can hope). It would be great seeing the highlights on ESPN and have fightes every day and split them up by camps and divisions just like how the NBA, NFL, NHL etc doe, Hey one can dream right??

I think we've all said this over and over and you totally right. UFC/ Pride?? What the hell is that? I've been training boxers for over 10 years now. If they approached it like boxing it would change this into a very popular sport. All the arguments would be put to rest over who is the greatest fighters. I say make 2 belts, one for pride and one for UFC, but let them fight each other and be able to truly unify a champ. These 6+ fight contracts in diff organizations suck!! As the fans that fund this sport, we deserve to see who is the best.

Post #2   2/1/07 10:48:30AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
No it would be awful.
They wouldn't have any pressure on them of making fights the hardcore fans want to see. Freak shows, Ken Shamrocks...you name it, they would use it.

Would be horrible for the fighters too. No pressure on Zuffa to pay their fighters more than another company.

Competition between companies is always a good thing and I think we can only benefit from the rivalry between Pride and UFC.
I really hope Pride grows in the US and continues to battle Zuffa for a looong time.

Post #3   2/1/07 10:49:29AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I am not too thrilled with this idea, if UFC did that, they would have a huge monopoly in their hands. To be honest, only PRIDE stands in the way of UFC becoming a monopoly.

Damn, just look how much they charge for PPV already. Imagine how much it would cost if they managed to consolidate the other organizations. Then again, this will probably happen eventually (reminds me of WWF vs. WCW vs. ECW era).

Post #4   2/1/07 10:57:30AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
I think Pride, IFL and UFC will always be the main three organisations. If K1 want to they can make Heroes into something more respectable, they still have some great fighters.

I still think there is room for one more large organisation in either Europe or the US and somebodys probably thinking about putting that together right as we speak.

Post #5   2/1/07 12:17:42PM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
If it did happen there would be no more PPV 's.(wwoooHoooo) It would be shown on Reg TV Fox or NBC. Imagine seeing Team Punishment vs American Top team. Lightweights square off, Middlewieghts, Heavey weights, light heavyweights etc... One can dream..

Post #6   2/1/07 12:34:40PM   

allevil86

MMA Regular

allevil86 Avatar

Career:29-18
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:

Last edited 2/1/07 1:36PM server time by allevil86
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/1/07 1:36:08PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I don't think PPV MMA will ever go away, as I don't think the sport could ever go mainstream enough to make it to broadcast tv. What do people pay per second for a commercial during superbowl now? MMA will never generate that kind of interest.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   2/2/07 3:01:06AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I don't think PPV MMA will ever go away, as I don't think the sport could ever go mainstream enough to make it to broadcast tv. What do people pay per second for a commercial during superbowl now? MMA will never generate that kind of interest.

Good point , boxing never made it to primetime. Just cable and wide world of sports at it's height.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/2/07 4:12:23AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

If it did happen there would be no more PPV 's.(wwoooHoooo) It would be shown on Reg TV Fox or NBC. Imagine seeing Team Punishment vs American Top team. Lightweights square off, Middlewieghts, Heavey weights, light heavyweights etc... One can dream..

This would be terrible for MMA. At least for MMA Broadcasts. If PPVs were eliminated and companies like NBC starting broadcasting it would only be a matter of time before huge regulations would be laid upon the sport. And as far as unifying all organizations I agree with pretty much everyone's argument against this proposal. If UFC monopolized MMA (and we know if anyone could or would do it, it would be UFC) we would lose so many aspects that make other orgs great. There would be know more Pride or IFL that are pumping different concepts into the sport, and it would be almost impossible for up and comers to get exposure if everyones only shot at a true MMA career was through the UFC. In the business world, if you have no competition there is no reason to make your business any better because no matter what, it's the best. Now with the increase of MMA popularity I see the opposite happening. A lot of smaller organizations getting recognition and bringing new ideas (i.e. teams) to the sport of MMA.

Post #10   2/2/07 5:58:35AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

This would be terrible for MMA. At least for MMA Broadcasts. If PPVs were eliminated and companies like NBC starting broadcasting it would only be a matter of time before huge regulations would be laid upon the sport. And as far as unifying all organizations I agree with pretty much everyone's argument against this proposal. If UFC monopolized MMA (and we know if anyone could or would do it, it would be UFC) we would lose so many aspects that make other orgs great. There would be know more Pride or IFL that are pumping different concepts into the sport, and it would be almost impossible for up and comers to get exposure if everyones only shot at a true MMA career was through the UFC. In the business world, if you have no competition there is no reason to make your business any better because no matter what, it's the best. Now with the increase of MMA popularity I see the opposite happening. A lot of smaller organizations getting recognition and bringing new ideas (i.e. teams) to the sport of MMA.

I completely agree about monopolies. Competetion is always good for the consumer. Economics 101

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/2/07 6:32:03AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

I think some where in-between is best. I think UFC needs to get a little bigger in order to continue to draw top talent from Europe and Asia (not just North America) and compete with PRIDE. However, like others are saying, if they get too big then they hold all the cards = bad for fans.

Of course, if it gets bad for fans, we can always vote by withholding our $$.

Post #12   2/2/07 10:06:43AM