Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk to challenge test results

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
calm down there buddy....

Post #31   7/21/07 12:07:05AM   

blowe1983

MMA Regular

blowe1983 Avatar

Career:37-15
Chips:
haha sorry im just sick of people trying to defend a champ who is juiced up. its bad for the sport

Post #32   7/21/07 12:15:57AM   

jr13

Learning to Sprawl

jr13 Avatar

Career:1,474-742
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
BOTH of Sherk's samples turned up twice the upper limit of normal - 12ng/mL. The test used for ONE sample is 99% accurate, and a false (+) occurs about 1 in every 10,000 for nandrolone- which means it is not a lab error (extraordinarily improbable) since both samples are positive. The only way he could get his levels up to 12ng/mL is either by injecting nandrolone decanoate (anabolic steroid) weekly, or, if he took a prohormone you can get on the internet or maybe at GNC. Androstenedione or it's chemical brother DHEA, prohormones, both could cause this result, but the effects of these products are known to athletes and they are considered banned substances. Any other scenario, quite honestly, is highy unlikely. Im simply being objective. Sherk would know everything he is taking, the guy only eats organic foods, so I am disappointed he is most likely guilty. Other supplements, such as creatine and commercially available protein should not cause his nandrolone levels to increase to this extent, nor would they cause a false positive. However, to be fair, It has been suggested by some scientisits (but not validated), that excessive training with a high protein diet can cause elevated nadrolone levels in the presence of dehydration.

Last edited 7/21/07 12:54AM server time by jr13
Edit note/reason: add info
2 total post edits

Post #33   7/21/07 12:28:02AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
@blowe1983 - First off, I'm sorry about your recent suspension from Sherdog. Secondly, I'm not insisting that that Sherk is innocent, I'm saying that I'd like to wait and see what comes of the situation. Yes, limits are set for a reason, but then again, false positives still occur in all testing....so, to say that it's impossible this early on is pretty hard-headed. If you have a problem with my post, then you should read your original post...it will make more sense. Also, you should take notes from jr13...that's how a rebuttal is done on this site.

Post #34   7/21/07 9:43:25AM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
i knew it.....i gotta check all my older posts i'm sure i said a while back that sherk was juicin

Post #35   7/21/07 2:06:08PM   

jr13

Learning to Sprawl

jr13 Avatar

Career:1,474-742
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
One last point - my opinion on how somebody should react if they are actually innocent when testing positive for a banned substance. I apply this thinking to anybody who claims innocence. I would not say "I knowingly did not take steroids", but that "I definitely did not" IF I truly did not. To settle these matters (and you never know, Sherk could be telling the truth although I doubt it), he could "turn in" all his supplements for analysis and submit to serial testing - that is, have serum & urine tests repeated immediately and a couple weeks later. By doing this, it rules out the other possibilities and confirms the presence of the banned substance. If his nandrolone levels are high, there has to be a reason. If my testosterone or nandrolone levels were elevated, I would be very concerned, as this may happen with a hormone producing tumor. It just seems that if you are really inncocent, you (or I should say I) would want to fully disclose everything. If there was a test for growth hormone HGH, I wonder how many athletes would be positive, and I mean in every sport.
I will say this - that Sherk's level of 12 is significantly lower than many who have tested positive for nandrolone, so my GUESS is that he took a cycle awhile ago and it remained in his system as it can for many months, but he would still reap the benefits of the drug in his system. What Sherk decides to do in the next weeks, for me, will validate my opinions in the matter.

Last edited 7/21/07 4:33PM server time by jr13
Edit note/reason: bad typo!

Post #36   7/21/07 2:24:45PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3