Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk to challenge test results

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
LINK

per Loretta Hunt via Greg Nelson

Anyone know who Nelson is? Sherk's manager?

Post #1   7/20/07 2:46:45PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,179-778
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
isnt he a member of NSAC?

Post #2   7/20/07 2:47:51PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
Google is a beautiful thing. Found it, he's one of his coaches/trainers

LINK

Last paragraph (7th line) it mentions Sherk as one of his fighters

Last edited 7/20/07 2:54PM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/20/07 2:52:55PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,468-915
Chips:
If I had to bet, I'd say that Sherk's heavy supplements are to blame. You guys saw how many pills, powders, etc, the dude eats every day. I've personally taken norandrostenedion (sp?, usually just called norandro). In a nutshell, it's almost the same as some anabolic steroids, just with a slight chemical difference that I'm not smart enough to understand, but you could buy it at a supplement store or website in the USA legally. I'm not sure if it's still legal now as there was all sorts of hoopla in the news about the government cracking down on stuff like this when I got out of heavy lifting a couple years ago.

Norandro's bi-product is nandrolone, the same thing that both Sherk and Royce Gracie tested positive for, although Sherk's levels were lower than Gracie's, which could further be a testament to one of the supplements he was taking as it's effect wasn't as strong as the stuff ol' Royce was munching on. The consensus among the weightlifting/bodybuilding community was that norandro is pretty heavy stuff, not to be taken if your too young, etc. I can tell you first-hand that the stuff works pretty well, but I wouldn't risk taking it long term.

So in a nutshell, my personal opinion is that Sherk has a chance of being innocent and simply was taking things that he had in fact acquired legally, over the counter.

Post #4   7/20/07 3:05:44PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
^ didn't Bonnar use that arguement and the commission simply told him, "tough crap. You should know what your taking and that's it"

Post #5   7/20/07 3:09:58PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Question: If bi-products of this steroid are for sale legally, then shouldn't they be legal to take?

I think it is known that there are some performance enhancing drugs that are over the counter for the average joe trying to bulk up, but are banned I believe. I could be wrong, but I think there are some. As for the test results, Royce was 50 ng, and Sherk was 12 ng, so obviously Royce was either pumping himself full of bi-products or he was dosing. Sherk, on the other hand, may be a victim of the supplement/cardio argument.

Post #6   7/20/07 3:10:21PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
at first i thought the above argument was impossible, but the more i read the more i concede that someone with sherks body type and ability to put on mass, coupled with all the suppliments and training could potentially put up those test numbers, especially when compared w/ royce's level. my apologies to sherk for earlier comments in other threads if this turns out to be the case

Post #7   7/20/07 3:14:50PM   

stingrza

Learning to Sprawl

stingrza Avatar

Career:77-46
Camp: Team Battle Mummy
Chips:
How about: Don't post on sites like this if you don't know who Greg Nelson is.

Christ.

Post #8   7/20/07 3:15:52PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Chips:

Posted by stingrza

Christ.

Dude we're all learnin here, its not like he didnt know who Chuck was

Post #9   7/20/07 3:16:45PM   

lilz_gangsta

Learning to Sprawl

Career:141-86
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
face it.....sherk does steroids

Post #10   7/20/07 3:20:14PM   

stingrza

Learning to Sprawl

stingrza Avatar

Career:77-46
Camp: Team Battle Mummy
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

Posted by stingrza

Christ.

Fine. I apologize.

But only because you have that picture of Sapp as your avatar.

Post #11   7/20/07 3:20:17PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Chips:

Posted by stingrza

Posted by jahdoug

Posted by stingrza

Christ.

Fine. I apologize.

But only because you have that picture of Sapp as your avatar.

hahah great pic right. many have refferenced it as meaning im unqualified instead of seeing it as an ironic statement

Post #12   7/20/07 3:21:46PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by stingrza

Christ.

I Google him and found out. BTW, since you're new here... We try not to flame other posters here for no apparent reason. Keep that kind of crap for Sherdog. It has no place here.

Post #13   7/20/07 3:23:24PM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by LR

Question: If bi-products of this steroid are for sale legally, then shouldn't they be legal to take?

I think it is known that there are some performance enhancing drugs that are over the counter for the average joe trying to bulk up, but are banned I believe. I could be wrong, but I think there are some. As for the test results, Royce was 50 ng, and Sherk was 12 ng, so obviously Royce was either pumping himself full of bi-products or he was dosing. Sherk, on the other hand, may be a victim of the supplement/cardio argument.

The drug's legality for sale/use to the general public isn't the same as it being legal for use by athletes. There are a LOT of things that are banned from use to them...that aren't to us, some cough syrups, painkillers, etc etc etc

but regardless, as implied above, don't take something if you don't know what is in it(which is a bullshit excuse imo anyhow. Sherk being so overly conscious of what he takes into his body KNOWS wtf is in his supplements. So sorry, but I just can't see him "accidentally" taking something prohibited).

Post #14   7/20/07 3:28:23PM   

Twistedblaze

Learning to Sprawl

Twistedblaze Avatar

Career:4-5
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

at first i thought the above argument was impossible, but the more i read the more i concede that someone with sherks body type and ability to put on mass, coupled with all the suppliments and training could potentially put up those test numbers, especially when compared w/ royce's level. my apologies to sherk for earlier comments in other threads if this turns out to be the case

Yeah I bashed Sherk pretty bad for him being one of my fav. fighters, I hope for his sake that he gets around this dilema. If he's indeed found guilty then he should be stripped from the title, he can fight back up the ladder.

Post #15   7/20/07 3:28:57PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3