Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ortiz "It looked like my hand skimmed the fence"

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Anyone that knows anything about MMA knows those fighters you listed.... as for the rest, I really don't care what they think.
not if you dont really watch it first thing people think of when they think hunnnington,ufc,sh*t talker or big head who is it???yup your correct if you said the hbbb tito ortiz!!

Post #31   7/18/07 6:22:01PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Anyone that knows anything about MMA knows those fighters you listed.... as for the rest, I really don't care what they think.
not if you dont really watch it first thing people think of when they think hunnnington,ufc,sh*t talker or big head who is it???yup your correct if you said the hbbb tito ortiz!!

Stop being a nuthugger and sticking up for him it's makin not only you look bad but Tito worse cause he's being supported by you.

Post #32   7/18/07 6:30:53PM   

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:
How many fights does Tito have left on his contract? He should go to EliteXC. Rematch Frank at catchweight or something.

Post #33   7/18/07 7:43:53PM   

bosanceros

MMA Regular

bosanceros Avatar

Career:588-301
Chips:
man it seems that tito wouldnt win a fight these days if it depended on his life

Post #34   7/18/07 8:01:36PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Man look at who Tito has lost to and who he has beat in the past few years hes still kind of got it his style still works it would work better if he could stand to take a few punches he could alway stand to become a little better

until some no name comes out and beats Tito hes still got it and will continue to dominate the second teer of fighters

but now well see what he has vs guys like Rampage,Henerson,Shogun,and the long awaited rematch with Wandi

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #35   7/18/07 8:53:59PM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
i was in the crowd and nobody know anything till after the round and i could not see anything take it for what it is worth

CroCop VS Big Nog in 08

Post #36   7/18/07 9:57:29PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Listen yes people hate Tito people love Tito. Honestly it doesn't matter if you love him or hate him. This thread is all about him and look at the buzz. I Ortiz demands attention and he gets it whether its good or bad and i respect a man that when he walks in the room everyone is gonna look and say something about him good or bad. Thats what a superstar is. You may hate him but he still entertains you because you know you loved it when he got beat down by Liddell......twice. And the fans know they loved to see Ortiz beat down Ken.....Thrice. Love him hate him your gonna keep talking about him because hes a superstar and you know you want to see him fight to either see him win or get his butt kicked and that my friends is why he will be around in the UFC until he is buried because any way you slice it he usually equals ratings.

Post #37   7/18/07 10:14:09PM   

Dom119

Learning to Sprawl

Dom119 Avatar

Career:172-108
Chips:
Tito Ortiz is Tito Ortiz. no matter what you say about the guy it doesn;t matter. Its things like this thread that give Tito his bad rep. You'd think this was a topic on WWE.com. The guys been knocked out but Chuck, Hell, who hasn't. You win, you lose, thats what makes watchin MMA so exciting.

Post #38   7/19/07 12:57:18AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Exactly Nubby. I mean he really can't win with any one i guess. He deserves a lot more respect then he gets. This guy had the match won and he lost it...not rashad won it..Tito lost it. But yea he will definitely get destroyed in the next match becuase he totally got worked over in this fight . He did great right up to about where he tweaked his back. I hate giving excuses to people but it makes sense. You know Tito always has great stamina and a bum back would explain why he seemed dead on his feet in the 3rd round. I'm taking Tito in the next fight with Rashad by complete punishment for 3 rounds and then we can all end this he's washed up crap. Hes 32 people, he has 3 years at least left until he gets to begin to break down
too many haters out there just because he is the man.he is only 32 stop with the washed up crap its old already,whats that make chuck at 38 damn he must be really washed up huh or couture.

You realize that "washed up" and "old" mean two completely different things, and your comments about randy and chuck make absolutely no sense as a result, right?

Post #39   7/19/07 5:04:51AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05
too many haters out there just because he is the man.he is only 32 stop with the washed up crap its old already,whats that make chuck at 38 damn he must be really washed up huh or couture.

How old you are is nothing to do with whether or not a fighter is washed up. A fighter is washed up when they no longer have fighting spirit, and I dont think Tito has that anymore.

For for his hand "skimming" the fence, he knows fine well it didnt just skim it, he had his fingers so deep in that fence, it looked like he was confusing the fence with Jenna Jameson

Post #40   7/19/07 6:04:17AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

How old you are is nothing to do with whether or not a fighter is washed up. A fighter is washed up when they no longer have fighting spirit, and I dont think Tito has that anymore.

For for his hand "skimming" the fence, he knows fine well it didnt just skim it, he had his fingers so deep in that fence, it looked like he was confusing the fence with Jenna Jameson

It depends on which time you are talking about. If you are talking about when he was warned then you are absolutely correct, but when the point was deducted it appeared that he went to grab it but then thought to himself "shit I can't do that!"

I am undeniably the biggest Tito Ortiz fan here. I defend him on everything. I watch his fights over and over. If I were a chick I would total do him. But, I will say that his last performance caused doubts. He won the fight without the point deduction and I remember 3-6 months ago people were saying Rashad was the future of the division. Now all of a sudden Rashad just isn't that good. The funny thing is that I said this would happen. That no matter what ,Tito wouldn't have been given credit for beating Rashad. And now that the fight has come to a draw as a result of fence holding, not performance, people are again calling him washed up and old and that he should go to the WEC. I disagree. Tito despite not being the top fighter in the division is still better than most. Even if he's not in the top 5 he's in the top 10 in the UFC. I still have faith that he could beat pretty much any non-wrestling centered fighter in the LHW division and that includes Shogun and Silva. Unfortunately, Tito made the mistake of choosing Rashad over Jardine who he easily would have put on the ground and pounded out a victory. Rashad, as I stated presented Tito a challange similar to Randy, except not nearly as hard. Tito was able to control Rashad for 2/3 of the fight... and he did it with better wrestling and striking.

When I review how that fight went, I know that Tito was the better fighter. Maybe, just maybe Tito was speaking the truth about hurting his back. Anyway, I really hope he is 100% for their next fight because if he isn't I don't think he ever will be again.

Post #41   7/19/07 1:26:16PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
yea i mean if he would have won people would be complaining about how oh rashad is overrated and such. If he lost they would be talking about how Rashad is the next big thing blah blah blah. Im dont talking about Ortiz hes someone who sum love sum hate but everyone respects.

Post #42   7/19/07 1:37:30PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I really don't see tito as anything special, his career these last 5 years is full of less the spactacular fights. He doesn't have the skills to take on upper level fighters. Rashad is an up and comer with a ton more to learn, and the LHW div. will be dominated by the guys coming over from PRIDE. Rampage was more of a top mid level guy over there if that makes sense lol. Everyone will say styles make fights but shogun, wandy, henderson, arona, ect are all pretty well rounded, so I see the PRIDE guys controlling the LHW and HW divisions. IMO tito should leave for another org after his next fight, the UFC is being overrun by tons of young, extremly talented fighters, and if he wants to be a champion again it's not going to happen in the UFC. As for the cage grabbing he did grab the cage at least twice! If not 3 times. My brother in law(biggest tito nuthugger on earth) even exclaimed "wtf, tito would be getting taken down alot if he didn't grab the cage". I get that people love tito and sure he was a great fighter against shamrock but everyone needs to look at what he's been doing these last 5 years...nothing.

Post #43   7/19/07 2:22:57PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,368-906
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
I think people need to look at the fight unbiased. Tito is still a good fighter, so is Rashad. The fight was boring because they're styles are so similar (although I would give a slight stand-up advantage to Rashad, but he didn't use it, so it doesn't matter- vise versa with Tito's gnp). Tito was winning that fight before the fence grab, although it was by a SLIM margin. Tito grabbed the fence repeatedly, admitting John McCarthy was 100% right in taking a point away. If Tito wants to win the rematch he's going to have to work his gnp more (at all). If Rashad wants to win the rematch he's going to have to let his hands go (at all). Hopefully next time we won't see so much "respect" between these guys.

Post #44   7/19/07 5:47:52PM   

THE_DRiZzLE

MMA Legend

THE_DRiZzLE Avatar

Career:122-61
Chips:
I just checked out this thread.. and you know what I read?! pretty much 3 pages of whining & crying.. some of you so called MMA fans make me ashamed to be classified with the likes of you.. and for those of you bitching about Tito and his antics.. you're the majority of the dumb asses that make his antics pay off with all the talk.. can you say oxymoron? you know what.. Tito was winning and got a point taken for grabbing the fence.. and ended in a draw.. like you've never seen anyone ever grab the damn fence before.. as if.. it has happened and it will happen again.. and most times it is simply out of reaction/reflex..

Last edited 7/20/07 12:25PM server time by THE_DRiZzLE
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #45   7/19/07 7:38:38PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4