Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ortiz "It looked like my hand skimmed the fence"

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by xxdeadpoolxx

i'm so sick of all the b.s that comes from this guy. He should stfu and fight. He hasn't had an impressive win in 5 or 6 years unless its over an aged shamrock

You know why it seems like this guy is always talking? It's because he is the one fighter that is consistantly interviewed. Do you know how many times he's been interviewed this year? People love him or hate him but either way they can't get enough of him.

Post #16   7/18/07 3:08:13PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

You know why it seems like this guy is always talking? It's because he is the one fighter that is consistantly interviewed. Do you know how many times he's been interviewed this year? People love him or hate him but either way they can't get enough of him.
oh so true oh so true

Post #17   7/18/07 3:10:33PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
I can't wait to see him get KTFO.

Post #18   7/18/07 3:11:40PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

I can't wait to see him get KTFO.
damn ur gonna be waiting for a while

Post #19   7/18/07 3:13:36PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I am going to pick Tito agian in the rematch

I don't know what you guys seen in Rashad in that fight but all i seen was some spastic head movements

Post #20   7/18/07 3:15:41PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
i bet every dollar in my funds on tito ortiz winning that fight

with that said, he grabbed the fence like a bitch

he should of won that fight but he didnt, he couldnt beat a mid level light heavy weight whos toughest fight was against sam hoger

either tito needs to get with a serious camp and get back to work, or else he just needs to focus on training new recruits

Post #21   7/18/07 3:18:32PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
What a ******* ****. im sorry but he is a douche. he even said it himself "hey man, you know what they say, if you arent cheatin you arent tryin."

Last edited 7/18/07 3:41PM server time by MisFiT
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   7/18/07 3:37:57PM   

kbogarto

Learning to Sprawl

kbogarto Avatar

Career:752-449
Camp: GatorNation
Chips:
the thing that got me about the fight is Tito did no damage to rashad and was never close to finishing it, the gullitine was not tight enough to finish him. Sure he won some rounds by good wrestling but i cant stand fighters who cant finish fights and never come close.

Post #23   7/18/07 3:57:58PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
Tito aint nuttin but a stepping stone now! I think hed do real good in WEC. He lost that fight and Forest Griffin beat his a** too!

Post #24   7/18/07 4:04:27PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Tito aint nuttin but a stepping stone now! I think hed do real good in WEC. He lost that fight and Forest Griffin beat his a** too
if that wasnt the most stupid thing ive heard!!he beat griffin and acualy that was the last time iv seen the real tito in the 1rst round of the griffin fight he was so dominate.

Post #25   7/18/07 4:10:50PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,165-774
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
Wow i know i get tired of trying to defend Tito against the same comments over and over again doesnt anyone get tired of making those comments.

First of all this was a bad matchup for both and i knew a lot of this fight would be fought against the cage, probably making it boring. Tito pushed the pace for 14 minutes of that fight, while Rashad backed away every time they weren't on the fence. Rashad did more damage because a thumbnail caught him, while Tito landed more clean punches. The point off was acceptable, but its not a bitch move like someone said. Have you ever been in a cage, or even taken down ever? It's completely reflex to try and balance yourself in any way. The guillotine looked pretty deep to me, maybe 10 more seconds and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I have come to the realization that Tito can never be champ again if he keeps worrying about business more than training himself and his teammates.

By the way did anyone see when Rashad completely embarrassed himself in the post fight conference?

Post #26   7/18/07 4:50:00PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:

Last edited 7/18/07 5:06PM server time by Canadian_MM_EH
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #27   7/18/07 5:03:26PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

He's just stirring up the pot as usual.
and thats why he is the most popular fighter in the sport today!evryone knows tito,does everyone know couture,crocop,silva,hendo,rampage,sherk,bj,hughes ahhh yeah thats a negative maybe the other fighters should take notes.

Anyone that knows anything about MMA knows those fighters you listed.... as for the rest, I really don't care what they think.

Post #28   7/18/07 5:33:10PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Wow i know i get tired of trying to defend Tito against the same comments over and over again doesnt anyone get tired of making those comments.

First of all this was a bad matchup for both and i knew a lot of this fight would be fought against the cage, probably making it boring. Tito pushed the pace for 14 minutes of that fight, while Rashad backed away every time they weren't on the fence. Rashad did more damage because a thumbnail caught him, while Tito landed more clean punches. The point off was acceptable, but its not a bitch move like someone said. Have you ever been in a cage, or even taken down ever? It's completely reflex to try and balance yourself in any way. The guillotine looked pretty deep to me, maybe 10 more seconds and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I have come to the realization that Tito can never be champ again if he keeps worrying about business more than training himself and his teammates.

By the way did anyone see when Rashad completely embarrassed himself in the post fight conference?

look im sorry your favorite fighters career is ending, i got pretty defensive when mike tysons career was over. i kept thinking just like you, if tyson wouldnt of kept getting headbutted by so and so, or if he didnt tear his leg during he would still be champ or he would of won that fight if he wasnt being leaned on the whole time.

i get the whole part about oh well if your getting taken down you need to do anything you can to get your balance, but at the same time its illegal to grab the fence

thats like if tito had full guard on rashad and rashad just poked him right in the eye ball with 2 of his fingers and head butted him and you were to say something about it. "Have you ever been in a cage before!!?!?!? have you ever been in full mount!!!?!?!? cause if someone has full mount on you its a complete reflex to put your finger in there eye socket and bite their nose!"

Post #29   7/18/07 5:44:23PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by xxdeadpoolxx

i'm so sick of all the b.s that comes from this guy. He should stfu and fight. He hasn't had an impressive win in 5 or 6 years unless its over an aged shamrock

People can't seem to get enough of Paris Hilton either, so I don't really see your argument there. It's not about how often he's talking, it's about what he's says when he's talking. I think everyone takes it a little too personal IMO though. He's said on several occasions that he just likes to talk up fights...which in turn sells more tickets. And I'm fine with that, but I think people get a little irritated when people make excuses...and when it's someone who was running their mouth before the fight, it's a recipe for disaster.

I do think that everyone needs to take a chill pill though. There's a lot of hostility on the site today for some reason...maybe it's because we have to wait so long until the next PPV , who knows. It's one thing if you think he's washed up (I think he just needs to get his focus back, but don't see a title in his future though), but quite another to call him names, which several people have done in this thread. That stuff is welcome on the Dog, but I would like to think we hold ourselves to a little higher standard. Just my $.02

Post #30   7/18/07 5:53:40PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4