Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ortiz "It looked like my hand skimmed the fence"

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
You know I really had time to actually look at it and watch the fight itself. I fought a great fight outside the one time when they took the point off and they showed I grabbed the fence. It looked like my hand skimmed the fence. Rashad ended up taking me down anyway and that's when I got a guillotine submission on him. He ended up being saved by the round. So I kind of question that a little bit. Did I really grab the fence when they took the point away? Because the very first time, yea I grabbed the fence I admitted to that. It was a mistake on my part and it was a reaction. But the overall fight, I fought a fairly aggressive fight.

Linkage

Post #1   7/18/07 1:21:32PM   

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:
Tito should be a comedian.

Post #2   7/18/07 1:39:10PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
Tito should just go AWAY!!!!!!

Post #3   7/18/07 1:42:52PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,143-615
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He's just stirring up the pot as usual.

Post #4   7/18/07 1:59:09PM   

CincySaint

MMA Regular

CincySaint Avatar

Career:93-48
Chips:
Tito is a joke these days, "If you aren't cheating you aren't trying"...? Uh no! He even talks about Rashad being saved by the round, but in my opinion he only got Rashad in that guillotine because the ref was deducting the point and Rashad seemed to be paying attention to that, not that that excuses it, but still. Tito is good for nothing except building hype, unfortunately he doesn't follow through on the hype these days so he is worthless. He should seriously go to the WEC or over to Pride of they ever get going. Atleast there he would be in Title contention. The UFC has passed him by.

Post #5   7/18/07 2:10:01PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
How about instead of immediatley discounting anything he says as hype you actually respond to what he is saying. I noticed the same exact thing that he is talking about the grabbing the fence thing. As for being agressive, yes he was agressive but he wasn't landing much and certainly didn't do much when he got Rashad to the ground. Anyway, you guys can continue to hate but the reality is that Rashad didn't do crap for the entire fight except for 15 seconds during round 3. If Tito is useless than Rashad is worse than useless.

Post #6   7/18/07 2:19:19PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by nubby

How about instead of immediatley discounting anything he says as hype you actually respond to what he is saying. I noticed the same exact thing that he is talking about the grabbing the fence thing. As for being agressive, yes he was agressive but he wasn't landing much and certainly didn't do much when he got Rashad to the ground. Anyway, you guys can continue to hate but the reality is that Rashad didn't do crap for the entire fight except for 15 seconds during round 3. If Tito is useless than Rashad is worse than useless.

how exactly is rashad supposed to do anything if he's goin for the take down but tito is either grabbin the fence or holding rashads shorts? and what is rashad supposed to do when tito just layed on him and did nothin?

Post #7   7/18/07 2:24:26PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
Nubby to the rescue!

Posted by nubby
If Tito is useless than Rashad is worse than useless.

I say they are both second rate at this point. The LHWs are much deeper then they have been before and these two are middle of the pack.

Post #8   7/18/07 2:26:49PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Tito needs a new camp and basically start over

Post #9   7/18/07 2:30:00PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by nubby

how exactly is rashad supposed to do anything if he's goin for the take down but tito is either grabbin the fence or holding rashads shorts? and what is rashad supposed to do when tito just layed on him and did nothin?

At no point during the fight was Tito laying on Rashad doing nothing. At anypoint when Tito took Rashad down, Rashad immediately made attempts to stand back up and Tito had to counter by pulling his legs down or sweeping his feet. Which basically left no time for Tito to even start his ground and pound. As for grabbing the fence, like everyone and their mother has already stated, Rashad still took Tito down regardless of the two fence grabs. Shorts? Cmon are you serious? He grabbed Rashads shorts while they were against the fence and immediately let them go, I can name tons of fighters who have done the same and didn't even get warned. In fact Rashad has grabbed shorts before, are you going to say thats the reason he won? Get real.

Post #10   7/18/07 2:35:05PM   

Fox

Learning to Sprawl

Fox Avatar

Career:572-419
Camp: THE BOBBLEHEADS
Chips:
Exactly Nubby. I mean he really can't win with any one i guess. He deserves a lot more respect then he gets. This guy had the match won and he lost it...not rashad won it..Tito lost it. But yea he will definitely get destroyed in the next match becuase he totally got worked over in this fight . He did great right up to about where he tweaked his back. I hate giving excuses to people but it makes sense. You know Tito always has great stamina and a bum back would explain why he seemed dead on his feet in the 3rd round. I'm taking Tito in the next fight with Rashad by complete punishment for 3 rounds and then we can all end this he's washed up crap. Hes 32 people, he has 3 years at least left until he gets to begin to break down.

Post #11   7/18/07 2:38:09PM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
i'm so sick of all the b.s that comes from this guy. He should stfu and fight. He hasn't had an impressive win in 5 or 6 years unless its over an aged shamrock

Last edited 7/18/07 2:57PM server time by xxdeadpoolxx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   7/18/07 2:56:55PM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
I like watching Tito fight just to see him get shut down, I think thats why he sells so well still

Last edited 7/18/07 3:01PM server time by leland
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/18/07 3:01:40PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Chips:

He's just stirring up the pot as usual.
and thats why he is the most popular fighter in the sport today!evryone knows tito,does everyone know couture,crocop,silva,hendo,rampage,sherk,bj,hughes ahhh yeah thats a negative maybe the other fighters should take notes.

Post #14   7/18/07 3:04:44PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Chips:

Exactly Nubby. I mean he really can't win with any one i guess. He deserves a lot more respect then he gets. This guy had the match won and he lost it...not rashad won it..Tito lost it. But yea he will definitely get destroyed in the next match becuase he totally got worked over in this fight . He did great right up to about where he tweaked his back. I hate giving excuses to people but it makes sense. You know Tito always has great stamina and a bum back would explain why he seemed dead on his feet in the 3rd round. I'm taking Tito in the next fight with Rashad by complete punishment for 3 rounds and then we can all end this he's washed up crap. Hes 32 people, he has 3 years at least left until he gets to begin to break down
too many haters out there just because he is the man.he is only 32 stop with the washed up crap its old already,whats that make chuck at 38 damn he must be really washed up huh or couture.

Post #15   7/18/07 3:07:40PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4