Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Lindland vs. Fedor???

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Wow, that's an interesting match up. According to MMAWeekly, the main even for Bodogfight's April 6 card is Matt Lindland vs. Fedor. All I can think of is Fedor punching the crap out of Matt Lindland like he did Coleman. Lindland may have awesome Olympic wrestling, but I doubt it is any better than Coleman's... Lindland's striking is better than Coleman's, but its not going to help against one of the most devastating strikers in MMA (Fedor). Also, I wonder what weight the fight is going to be at. Fedor is a relatively light heavyweight, but Matt Lindland had a hard enough time going up to 205 to fight Rampage, so I doubt the fight will be a heavyweight bout... What do you guys think about this crazy match up?

link= http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=3052&zoneid=14

Post #1   2/1/07 2:11:48AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Lindland is a great middleweight and that's where he belongs. I respect his heart , skill, and will but he's out of his league. I will be surprised if he makes it out of the 2nd round.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/1/07 2:15:59AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
i hope lindland does not fight all 3 of his fights on his bodog contract at hw like he says he's going to do, imo it would be a waste of matts skill

Post #3   2/1/07 2:55:43AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Its taking place in Russia, so it doesn't need to have a weight class. I have a DVD of Igor Vochacyn fighting Paul Varleans, Fred Floyd and John Dixon, none of which weight less than 300lbs.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #4   2/1/07 2:56:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Its taking place in Russia, so it doesn't need to have a weight class. I have a DVD of Igor Vochacyn fighting Paul Varleans, Fred Floyd and John Dixon, none of which weight less than 300lbs.

I think all those guys are very unskilled. We could go back to legends like Igor, Royce, and Frye fighting huge guys. I think the difference lies in the fact that Lindland's fighting Fedor. I would bet Lindland would also beat those guys Igor did, he's very skilled. This is Fedor, the consensus IMO gretaest MMA fighter in the world. I think we all want to see Lindland vs A. Silva, Hendo( on same team so probably not),Kang , Filho, Franklin and other's. I guess I hate to see him go the way Wandy and Sakuraba did. He has nothing to prove fighing HVYweights IMO. I just want to know who the best middleweight in the world is. To me, he's doing this for money , recognition, and because he knows no one will dis him for losing to Fedor. However, if he really fight's the whole contracy at HVY he's bound to lose some fight's to guy's who aren't that respected. What's Monson / Top-10 to 20? Or Alek's 10-15? Zentsov 15-25? Rizzo? Any of these guys should beat him IMO. I guess I just hate to see such a great fighter wasting some of his prime years. It's not like he's builtl ike Coutre or Tanner. Lindland and Hendo just look like normal guys strengthwise to me. I guess we can just hope that some other great middleweight's get in their with him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/1/07 3:13:14AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,688-1,022
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
One judge had Lindland beating a pretty big LH in Rampage. That being said, I don't think Lindland makes it out of the 1st round.

Post #6   2/1/07 3:20:57AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

I think all those guys are very unskilled. We could go back to legends like Igor, Royce, and Frye fighting huge guys. ...What's Monson / Top-10 to 20? Or Alek's 10-15? Zentsov 15-25? Rizzo? Any of these guys should beat him IMO.

Oh, I was just using that as an example to show that there need not be a weightclass per se.

And yeah, I don't see Lindland hanging with many heavyweights, although I do think he could take out Rizzo, and that might even be a good fight. You've gotta wonder why Team Quest seems to be moving up in weight though, with Randy and Lindland going to heavy and Hendo going to LHW. Maybe they got something up their sleeves?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #7   2/1/07 3:32:58AM   

lerhinge

Learning to Sprawl

lerhinge Avatar

Career:749-464
Chips:
I guess because he's capable of taking Fedor down it's possible to cut him and everyone has a punchers chance that its literally possible for him to win, but if Rampage can hang with him in takedowns I foresee no difficulty for Fedor as he'll bring a better gameplan and is considerably better than rampage in general.

Post #8   2/1/07 3:34:10AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

I think all those guys are very unskilled. We could go back to legends like Igor, Royce, and Frye fighting huge guys. ...What's Monson / Top-10 to 20? Or Alek's 10-15? Zentsov 15-25? Rizzo? Any of these guys should beat him IMO.

Oh, I was just using that as an example to show that there need not be a weightclass per se.

And yeah, I don't see Lindland hanging with many heavyweights, although I do think he could take out Rizzo, and that might even be a good fight. You've gotta wonder why Team Quest seems to be moving up in weight though, with Randy and Lindland going to heavy and Hendo going to LHW. Maybe they got something up their sleeves?

I got your point. Sorry, if it seemed I was implying something else. Rizzo did hang with Randy who was a lot bigger and stronger. I think Randy came back at HVY because he couldn't beat Chuck. As for Hendo and Lindland, I think they will just fight anybody for enough money and prestige.

The Iron Code

Post #9   2/1/07 3:43:49AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Rizzo back then was a force to be reckoned with, but after seeing him fight Sergei and Zentsov, I think hes pretty well done, and I'd put my fantasy wager dollars on Lindland in that one.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #10   2/1/07 3:48:01AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I believe that the combat will be similar to the Fedor-Goodride.

Lindland will be satisfied if he lasts up to second round.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #11   2/1/07 4:01:19AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
I'd rather see Lindland fight someone more inline w/ his abilities. This wouldent be a good matchup IMO. Lindland is out of his leauge and needs to be carefull not to get his bubble busted

Post #12   2/1/07 10:56:33AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Matt Lindland has some fricken balls! I respect him as a fighter and that being said Fedor TKO rd 1.....

Post #13   2/1/07 3:53:25PM   

tuthemaxx

Learning to Sprawl

tuthemaxx Avatar

Career:825-553
Chips:
lindland's game if he can get close enough is likely to be get close. but i do not think that he will get close enough to fedor and if he does he will just shake him off like he does all the people who try this type game plan against him. if he can get close and do what he did against rampage he might have a chance . But I think he will not get close enough !!!!

CTT Heavyweight
Tuthemaxx

Post #14   2/1/07 8:55:06PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
i just dont see wat lindland is thinking how does he expect himself to beat fedor. he just doesnt come close to fedors capabilities. fedor by ko,sub, anything he wants.

Post #15   2/2/07 12:10:35AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2