Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who is the greatest UFC fighter of all-time?

Print  
Greatest UFC fighter of all-time
Royce Gracie 8 12%
Randy Couture 26 38%
Chuck Liddell 8 12%
Matt Hughes 19 28%
Dan Severn 3 4%
Tito Ortiz 4 6%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

devinbigjohnson

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-3
Camp: kings of mma
Chips:
its gotta be tito ortiz

Post #31   7/21/07 11:29:48PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

I hope that was a joke. And if you don't even know if he fought in the UFC or not, then you don't know anywhere near enough about Rickson to make that comment. Rickson isn't even top 50. His wins over mediocre competition didn't prove much, and he was too cowardly to face Sakuraba and avenge his family name.
undefeated bra that sounds pretty good to me!!!

Post #32   7/22/07 5:03:00PM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
Randy his the best he started his carer late and still did some things nobody has yet to equal and ..still does i dont see hughes win the belt at 42 and the guy who said gracie because he killed the bigger guys well thats true but for like 3 event so dont be too impress

Post #33   7/23/07 6:39:33PM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
o and for the level fact szucconi WOW great answer you know the sport im impress

Post #34   7/23/07 6:44:30PM   

LHK

MMA Regular

LHK Avatar

Career:8-4
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I hope that was a joke. And if you don't even know if he fought in the UFC or not, then you don't know anywhere near enough about Rickson to make that comment. Rickson isn't even top 50. His wins over mediocre competition didn't prove much, and he was too cowardly to face Sakuraba and avenge his family name.
undefeated bra that sounds pretty good to me!!!

Undefeated in BJJ maybe. And he counted his students that he rolled with in that record. and I never said Rickson wasn't good at BJJ. Maybe the best of all time...maybe. But we are talking MMA (UFC in this thread specifically).

And that record is false anyway, he lost at leat once in a Sambo competition. He's really 400-1 or 400-2. In 1993 U.S. Sambo Championships Ron Tripp beat him in 45 seconds

Post #35   7/25/07 2:59:26AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Both Hughes and Couture have the best records in the UFC, but Hughes' record impresses me less and less every time I look at it. Of hi slast 7 fights I have really only been impressed maybe 2 or 3 times and some of his earier UFC fights were against guys that are not really that great.

Randy, with the exception of his first two UFC fights, has only fought the top guys at the time (van Arsdale might also be an exception).

The thing, for me that separates the two is that Randy, win or lose, he is remembered and liked. Hughes, will be forgotten as a UFC champion.

so my pick is for Randy

Post #36   7/25/07 8:51:57AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Both Hughes and Couture have the best records in the UFC, but Hughes' record impresses me less and less every time I look at it. Of hi slast 7 fights I have really only been impressed maybe 2 or 3 times and some of his earier UFC fights were against guys that are not really that great.

Randy, with the exception of his first two UFC fights, has only fought the top guys at the time (van Arsdale might also be an exception).

The thing, for me that separates the two is that Randy, win or lose, he is remembered and liked. Hughes, will be forgotten as a UFC champion.

so my pick is for Randy

im surprised that you think hughes will be forgotten as champion. randy has won multiple titles, as has hughes, but hughes has hung on to his longer, and lost them less. i cant say a bad word about randy, but i think hughes has been far more dominant and to me will always be remembered as the best champion theyve ever had.

Post #37   7/25/07 9:05:29AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

im surprised that you think hughes will be forgotten as champion. randy has won multiple titles, as has hughes, but hughes has hung on to his longer, and lost them less. i cant say a bad word about randy, but i think hughes has been far more dominant and to me will always be remembered as the best champion theyve ever had.

Basically it was the attitude I saw from fans after his loss to GSP. Notice how few people in here are saying Chuck Liddell? I bet you before Chuck lost to Rampage his name would've been on this thread a lot more.

To me Randy's integrity as a UFC champion has sustained a lot given that his last 6 fights (rather the record) has not been stellar. I am already witnessing Hughes losing the spotlight and honestly, if he retired today, I don't think too many people would be talking about him in a year.

Post #38   7/25/07 10:12:13AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by cowcatcher

Basically it was the attitude I saw from fans after his loss to GSP. Notice how few people in here are saying Chuck Liddell? I bet you before Chuck lost to Rampage his name would've been on this thread a lot more.

To me Randy's integrity as a UFC champion has sustained a lot given that his last 6 fights (rather the record) has not been stellar. I am already witnessing Hughes losing the spotlight and honestly, if he retired today, I don't think too many people would be talking about him in a year.

good point about chuck, but i think the reason we're seeing hughes lose the spotlight is the fact that hes not fighting anytime soon due to the TUF 6 taping. i think we'll see a surge in his popularity again once tuf 6 airs, and especially if he beats serra for the title.

Post #39   7/25/07 10:19:08AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
Time will tell, but I think his days of dominance are over and he doesn't really have anything else beyond that.

Post #40   7/25/07 10:28:01AM   

DonKwanDo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:22-20
Chips:
Ha ha, I am just glad to see The Beast is on the list!!!!

That's great. I certainly don't think he is the best and he didn't get my vote, but I still love to see him on there. I have always been a Severn fan and I actually trained with him for 3 months before school started kicking my ass again. Unfortunately hitting the books takes prescedence over hitting people in the face for now.

Anyway, my vote is for Randy. Hughes is a close second for me, but Randy is just unbelivable. He is done the impossible too many times, and holding the championship 3 times in both LH and HW??? Come on, how can you argue with that?

Post #41   7/25/07 11:15:09PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:

Posted by LHK

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Out of that Courture i dont think rickson gracie ever fought in ufc but he is the best ever PERIOD!

how was its cowardly of him not to fight Sakuraba, he was in his fiftys when the Sakuraba/Gracie fued happen and had retired from fighting, it was Bas Rutten that he had been ducking. And he was the most talented Gracie and is arguably one of the best jiu jitsu fighters on the planet so obviously YOU dont know enough ab out Rickson

Post #42   7/26/07 12:37:49AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3