Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Junior dos Santos-Blagoy Ivanov scheduled for UFC Fight Night 133

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
A heavyweight bout between former champion Junior dos Santos and Blagoy Ivanov is scheduled to headline UFC Fight Night on July 14 in Boise, Idaho.

Sources confirmed the planned matchup to ESPN on Monday. The televised event will take place at CenturyLink Arena.

Link

Last edited 4/30/18 9:42PM server time by Braden
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   4/30/18 9:41:19PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Updated card:

Junior dos Santos vs. Blagoy Ivanov

Marion Reneau vs. Cat Zingano

Liz Carmouche vs. Jennifer Maia

Said Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Scoggins

Post #2   4/30/18 9:43:24PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,510-3,636
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Basically going to test JDS's striking and TDD...Ivanov could really hurt him on the ground, but that's his only chance.

Post #3   5/1/18 2:12:21AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Chips:
I like this fight a lot. Its obvious that JDS is on the downside of his career but still a winnable fight. Ivanov is up there in the Top 5 of HW's outside of the UFC prior to getting signed.

Post #4   5/1/18 9:03:02AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,153-1,792
Chips:

Posted by JLS

I like this fight a lot. Its obvious that JDS is on the downside of his career but still a winnable fight. Ivanov is up there in the Top 5 of HW's outside of the UFC prior to getting signed.

Wouldn’t go that far. I can see why JDS may look close to done but with heavyweights I’ve seen so many late resurgences that it’s hard to count JDS out for ever. If he goes on a lawler training regime (almost no sparring) he could come back. He’s still among the more athletic heavyweights and the division is aging out. I can see him making another run.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   5/2/18 12:40:20AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by JLS

Wouldn’t go that far. I can see why JDS may look close to done but with heavyweights I’ve seen so many late resurgences that it’s hard to count JDS out for ever. If he goes on a lawler training regime (almost no sparring) he could come back. He’s still among the more athletic heavyweights and the division is aging out. I can see him making another run.

Wouldn't go that far?

You think he's still in his prime? And as good now when he was Champ? I think it's pretty obvious he's not the same fighter he once was. And I'm a huge JDS fan. In fact he's my favorite HW of All-Time. I don't think I went "that far". It's pretty plain and simple the Cain fights took a lot out of him. Never said he was done, washed up. Just simply said he's on the downside of his career. I thought that was a fair assessment...?

Post #6   5/2/18 3:41:06AM