Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Barry Bonds and the HR Record

Print  
Posted By Message

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Well its inevitable the guy is gonna break ol hammerin hanks record...Me personally im like ehh..i think the dude juiced...but innocent till proven guilty and yeah i guess you still got to make contact with the ball for it travel.

thoughts?

Post #1   7/16/07 11:05:38PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Its sad IMO. Hammering Hank worked so hard to fight against discrimination and brake that record. Now Bonds is gonna break it and we all know for a fact he put "sum kind of cream" on. I dont think one person who ollows baseball can say bonds wasnt on roids as he went to a base stealer who hit for high avereage and always hit an AVERAGE number of HRs but then out of no where the guy is a monster and hits more HRs in a year then anyone else has.....sorry but i believe this record will be tainted....until Alex Rodriguez breaks it so it will be sad for a little and then A-rod will be King and we know he did it clean.

Post #2   7/16/07 11:10:01PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
You know, we have so many killers nowdays who pick random targets, I'd really wish someone would just assassinate him before he'd tie it. That's the sleepy talking, but I really dislike the guy for sticking around these extra years just to piss everyone off. He knows no one but himself want him to have the record, even Hank is no showing him breaking it.

Post #3   7/16/07 11:12:41PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
im all for it i wanna witness history!!!

Post #4   7/16/07 11:27:21PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
you know he never said he didnt take it
Im not a baseball fan(Colorado Rockies suck out here we give away our talent or dont pay oh wait we did once Mike Hampton lol) anyway sorry
I will watch to see when he breaks it it would be cool if he just retired one HR before tying the record

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #5   7/17/07 1:09:46AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I think Griffey will endup breaking his record, however high he sets it, and then I'll feel better... I don't think Ken's on the juice...

Barry just seems like a pompous ass... I haven't liked him since he wouldn't sign my baseball card after a game back in the early 90's (i think?)... So I had to settle for Andy Van Slyke's autograph, and I have been pissed ever since.

Post #6   7/17/07 4:39:35PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
When you're a singles hitter and juice, you become a double's hitter. When you're a linedrive hitter and juice, you become a homerun hitter. When you're juicin', you're headsize changes and you're feet get bigger. When Bonds got to the Giants, he got ginormous (Real word, look it up)

He had had 334 HR by the age 32. In the next ten years, he hit 417. By the 32, most players are in the "twilight" years. Starting to slow down. Bonds exploded. Hmmmmmmm

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #7   7/17/07 5:21:54PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

So I had to settle for Andy Van Slyke's autograph, and I have been pissed ever since.

Wait for it............
Wait for it.........

Legendary

Post #8   7/17/07 5:32:07PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Chips:
Speaking of early 90's ...and living right outside Pittsburgh...Ive blamed Sid Bream for everything...how teams come up with this "we are cursed stuff" all along i thought the Pirates have the "Sid Bream" curse..they traded him to the Braves then that year he scores the winning run in the NL championship game...So im pondering...Bream Curse or Crap Ownership.......

Post #9   7/17/07 7:16:01PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Im from England so I know literally nothing about baseball, because its not shown on tv here, but I know who Barry Bonds is, and I know he is a roider!

Post #10   7/17/07 7:24:26PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Speaking of early 90's ...and living right outside Pittsburgh...Ive blamed Sid Bream for everything...how teams come up with this "we are cursed stuff" all along i thought the Pirates have the "Sid Bream" curse..they traded him to the Braves then that year he scores the winning run in the NL championship game...So im pondering...Bream Curse or Crap Ownership.......

Sid Bream. The slowest man to ever play professional sports. But the dude scored the run that counted

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #11   7/17/07 8:39:40PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Sid Bream. The slowest man to ever play professional sports. But the dude scored the run that counted

Damn you Sid Bream...

Post #12   7/17/07 8:41:37PM   

tommyprairie

MMA Regular

tommyprairie Avatar

Career:418-239
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
He definitely Juiced. He needs an * if he breaks it. Or they should do a spinal drug test and test everything he ever taken in order to claim the record

Post #13   7/17/07 10:54:55PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Chips:
I guess all in all baseball did want this though...they wanted McGwire and Sosa to hit all those HR"s cause it was good for the sport and they didnt test for all the banned substances they test for now..Bonds has never tested positve for anything illegal...I mean they lowered the pitchers mound 6inches and they had umps tighten up the strike zones.yeah i think the dude juiced on something..but you still gotta realize its more to it than just steroids..with Barry Mark and Sammy hitting all them HRs really put baseball as the prime sport and got it all the attention for a few years, it was good for baseball to see all these people hitting HRS and made it exciting like watching an MMA fighter waiting for that big KO or SUB you know..I do feel bad for Hank tho..i mean he did it thru discrimination and bigger fields and better pitching and all the others who havent used any type of illega substancel...but you still gotta put the bat to the ball.

Post #14   7/17/07 11:02:42PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

I think Griffey will endup breaking his record, however high he sets it, and then I'll feel better... I don't think Ken's on the juice...
Griffey haha he is 37 man no way you knoe not everyone hits in the 50's and 60's when there 40 years old only barry i say who cares if he sets it a-rod is on pace to smash it anyway.

Post #15   7/18/07 12:55:31AM