Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Floyd Mayweather Sr. says he now believes his son will fight in the UFC

Print  
Will Floyd Mayweather ever compete in the UFC?
Yes 2 18%
No 9 82%
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Last year, when Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor boxed in one of the biggest fights of all time, there were immediate rumblings of a possible rematch, potentially in MMA. Now, this outcome is starting to have the feeling of inevitability.

Despite having retired from boxing after the MayMac bout, a few weeks ago Mayweather began teasing on his social media about a possible jump into the UFC. McGregor responded in kind and suddenly the biggest fight of 2017 was set to take over 2018 as well. Then, this weekend, Mayweather’s father and trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr., threw gasoline on the spark of the rematch, telling the Mayweather Boxing Channel that though he doesn’t understand it, he believes his son is genuinely interested in fighting in the UFC.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   2/20/18 4:40:39PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,247-2,935
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He's 40 years old, he's not fighting MMA and if he did, it would be smart of him to cut some weight because if he tried to fight 155ers in MMA he would get killed.....I mean he would get killed regardless but at least if he cut some weight to FW or even BW he'd be in the correct weight class. He fought McGregor in the ring at 154 lbs and came in at 149.......regardless...........he's not fighting MMA.

Post #2   2/20/18 10:27:39PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,277-1,597
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
My belief was he would NEVER risk it. I take it back. Ever since the new brass took over the organization everything got thrown out the window. WMe/IMG is looking 1,000,000% looking for returns on investments and nothing else. A crossover bout in the UFC provides this. Even if it’s not Conor, it sells. Over and over again. I foresee a CM Punk bout if anything. No way Fluyd signs Conor for this. It’s career suicide. It will happen. Sadly I wish it won’t. But it will.

Post #3   2/21/18 12:56:42AM   

StPierreCanada

MMA Regular

StPierreCanada Avatar

Career:1,522-1,108
Camp: Zewkey.com
Chips:
Omg let it go people, Floyd just can't let himself be out of the spot light and needs any sort of attention he can get.

Floyd has been irrelevant for years and it's not gonna change.

Post #4   2/21/18 8:27:17AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,231-1,406
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Floyd in the UFC sells huge, for sure. Hell, I know I bought Toney-Couture back in the day

I wouldn’t give Money May bad odds even if he did fight Conor. Conor uses his striking to win his fights, little else. However, given Conor’s time rolling with Gunnar Nelson, Mystic Mac’s ground chops would have to be better than anything Mayweather could muster. A weak ass ankle pick (like Toney-Couture), takedown, or trip could be all it takes to get it to the ground for a quick finish.

Floyd would have to get some kind of substantial fight, I would think. Mayweather vs Punk in the UFC makes so little sense.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   2/21/18 8:34:22AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
Please stop, but if he is going to fight, give him Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov in an Arena in Russia. The fight would sell huge in Russia, even though we all know Khabib would destroy and rag doll Money all over the ring. Plus if "The Eagle" did seriously hurt Money, it would be in Russia, where I assume the regulations and liabilities laws are a lot less stringent. Also, one round with Khabib would put an end to Money's MMA dreams.

Post #6   2/21/18 12:24:51PM