Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 221 bonuses: Much-hyped newcomer among night's $50,000 winners

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Israel Adesanya, Jussier Formiga, Jake Matthews and Li Jingliang each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Saturday’s UFC 221 event.

Adesanya and Formiga earned “Performance of the Night” awards, and Matthews and Jingliang took home “Fight of the Night” honors.

Link

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   2/11/18 1:29:48AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,150-1,332
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Super impressed with Israel. I was a little concerned in rd one when Anik said people had compared him to Anderson and Jones (polar opposite fighters) and then he got taken down. I'm definitely on that hype train.
Awesome knockdown by Formiga

Post #2   2/11/18 9:51:26AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Tai Tuivasa upset he didn’t get bonus at UFC 221: ‘I should’ve gotten 50K just for the shoey’

Tai Tuivasa accomplished two impressive things at Saturday’s UFC 221.

The undefeated heavyweight prospect picked up a solid victory in his home country of Australia, stopping Cyril Asker with a series of hard elbows and punches, while also pulling off a “shoey” — where he chugged a beer from a shoe on his way from the Octagon to the backstage area of the Perth Arena.

Yet, despite his two memorable feats outside and inside the Octagon, Tuivasa didn’t get one of the four $50,000 Fight Night bonuses awarded in Perth, Western Australia. And “Bam Bam” was not happy about that, to say the least.

"What more do they want us to do?” Tuivasa told reporters at the UFC 221 post-fight press conference. “I should’ve gotten 50K just for the shoey.”

“Of course it was a random shoe, anybody’s shoe,” Tuivasa said.

“I think we both should’ve gotten Performance of the Night and I think everyone else thought we should’ve gotten Performance of the Night,” Tuivasa explained. “He (Tyson Pedro) almost ripped somebody’s arm off, and I like elbowed (Cyril Asker) back to France and f*cking nothing. Now I have to go home and cry all night.”

Link

I actually would have given the bonuses to Formiga and Pedro. It may be 2 submissions but they were the best finishes for me last night.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   2/11/18 7:27:26PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The 50K eye gouge.

Post #4   2/11/18 7:28:37PM