Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Pyle returns against Zak Ottow at UFC 222

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

<3 SEXY FACE <3

Braden Avatar

Career:1,642-998
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After an extended layoff, veteran welterweight Mike Pyle is slated to return to the octagon at UFC 222.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal today broke the news that Pyle (27-13-1 MMA, 10-8 UFC) will face Zak Ottow (15-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC) at the pay-per-view event, which takes place March 3 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   2/7/18 7:36:32PM   

Braden

<3 SEXY FACE <3

Braden Avatar

Career:1,642-998
Chips:
The latest UFC 222 card includes:

Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya – for women’s featherweight title
Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega
C.B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard
Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve
Mackenzie Dern vs. Ashley Yoder
Ketlen Vieira vs. Cat Zingano
Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann
Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Milstead
Beneil Dariush vs. Bobby Green
John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz
Mike Pyle vs. Zak Ottow

Post #2   2/7/18 7:36:51PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
Too many fighters trying to hold on. Pyle, Burkman, Arlovski, just stop. I really don't wanna read in ten years that these guys are suffering from CTE and are practically brain dead because they tried to fight for longer then they should have.

Post #3   2/7/18 7:41:20PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,181-2,903
Chips:
Winnable fight for Pyle.

Post #4   2/8/18 2:31:35AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,216-1,396
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I would love to see Mike Pyle return, take as little damage as possible, get the W and retire again lol. Get the man some analyst work or something. Or get him coaching on TUF.

Post #5   2/8/18 2:45:15AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,040-1,259
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Let's get real, every fighter is going to end up with cte. Training alone will get you there with contact sparring.

I like this fight for Pyle, hopefully he can go out on top. Ottow has two tkos to his name, one being in "driller promotions", which sounds more like a rival to bangbros than a fight league. Pyles weakness has always been the heavy hitters, ottow does not appear to be one

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   2/8/18 8:53:20AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Let's get real, every fighter is going to end up with cte. Training alone will get you there with contact sparring.

I like this fight for Pyle, hopefully he can go out on top. Ottow has two tkos to his name, one being in "driller promotions", which sounds more like a rival to bangbros than a fight league. Pyles weakness has always been the heavy hitters, ottow does not appear to be one

I do agree that a lot of fighters will suffer some sort damage when they're older, just because of all the sparring they do, but doing all that sparring and then fighting and then getting knocked out doesn't help a lot either lol

And I agree that Pyle can win this, but that's the issue. What happens after he wins? Who does he take on next? All that is going to happen is that he's going to keep killing himself in the gym until he takes on somebody who does knocks him out again and then just does it again until the commissions finally say enough is enough, which is usually never
I mean look at Arlovski. He beat Albini, and he's probably going to beat Struve, but then what? It's just a matter of time until he takes on another knock out artist and suffers more damage.
I guess all I can hope for is that people like Pyle and Arlovski win, become satisfied with their careers, and call it quits for good.

Post #7   2/8/18 3:17:12PM