Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fighting his way through: Ludlow’s Gonzaga is kickin’ it up in UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Watching Gabriel Gonzaga spar with boxing coach Clayton Roberson, nothing about his skills -- aside from his obvious size and strength -- suggest that he’s the No. 1 contender in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

LINK

Post #1   7/16/07 8:54:54AM   

Biggee

MMA Regular

Biggee Avatar

Career:307-196
Camp: Clanton Gang Bitch!
Chips:
He will hopefully, lose!!!

Post #2   7/16/07 9:16:29AM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I'm not a GG believer yet.....

I don't see how he can beat Randy, but we will see. Right about now I would like to do some wagering on the old system against people who think he can take Randy.

Post #3   7/16/07 10:10:08AM   

MMA_Needs_Mayhem

MMA Regular

MMA_Needs_Mayhem Avatar

Career:660-423
Chips:
I think Gonzaga is a sleeper in the HW division. With this fight I think he'll establish himself in the top 10 if not top 5 of the HW division.

Post #4   7/16/07 10:27:31AM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:

Posted by Violentcuv

I don't see how he can beat Randy, but we will see. Right about now I would like to do some wagering on the old system against people who think he can take Randy.

Don't see how he can beat Randy? Did you not hear the words straight out of Randy's mouth that he felt Gonzaga was a bad matchup for him??

For ways he can beat Randy watch Randy's fight with Ricco and take some notes.. then add in a better submission game and much better striking then Ricco.

Post #5   7/16/07 10:58:07AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
If Cro Cop woulda won, it would have been bad too. So I dont know where Randy is coming from. Sure he is a wrestler, but I think he would be timid with Mirko's striking and be a little more careful with takedowns. Im sure Mirko has been working on takedown defense with his new cage and trainers as well.

Gonzaga, I think Randy will have trouble too. I dont know much about Gonzaga, but hes young and hungry. He will get that belt come title fight.

The only reason he beat Sylvia is takedowns and Sylvia punches like a girl. Im probably gonna get hated on for Randy hating. I respect him alot, I just don't think he has much left after he loses his title except another loss after this one, then retirement.

Post #6   7/16/07 1:39:16PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Randy will beat the Tazmanian Devil. Randy by gameplan.

Post #7   7/16/07 1:39:58PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Menard_StC

Posted by Violentcuv

Don't see how he can beat Randy? Did you not hear the words straight out of Randy's mouth that he felt Gonzaga was a bad matchup for him??

For ways he can beat Randy watch Randy's fight with Ricco and take some notes.. then add in a better submission game and much better striking then Ricco.

sorry mr team mate..... GG's striking is pure crap. He has strength and thats basically it. And GG is a bad match up for ANY wrestler. That doesnt mean that it means the sub fighter is always gonna win. We still havent seen how effective GG's BJJ blackbelt is...

Post #8   7/16/07 5:20:48PM