Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Veteran color commentator Jimmy Smith signs with UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,434-880
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Veteran announcer Jimmy Smith didn’t stay out of the mixed martial arts game long.

The former longtime color commentator has joined the UFC broadcast team, the company announced on Friday. The move comes just two weeks after it was announced that Smith and Bellator had mutually parted ways.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   1/12/18 2:03:13PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:277-177
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Good pick up Rumor is is that Joe Rogan is going to step away from commentating after 2018, maybe even sooner.
Hearing that Jimmy is going to be doing PPVs makes me believe that the rumor is true.
It's gonna be so weird for me hearing Jimmy Smith in UFC and Mike Goldberg in Bellator and not hear Joe Rogan commentate anymore.
Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of adjusting in 2018 lol

Post #2   1/12/18 2:10:50PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,240-3,028
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I didn't see this coming tbh. Even with Rogan talking about it. They just have so many color guys in the company already I figured they wouldn't need him. Cruz, Cormier, Felder, Rogan, Dan Hardy and now Jimmy. Even if Rogan retires this year, that's a ton of guys all doing the same job.

Post #3   1/12/18 2:34:24PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,979-3,297
Chips:
I bet they are going to have Jimmy do play by play, if he can do that he'd be a mainstay in no time.

Post #4   1/12/18 9:53:04PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,952-1,197
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I didn't see this coming tbh. Even with Rogan talking about it. They just have so many color guys in the company already I figured they wouldn't need him. Cruz, Cormier, Felder, Rogan, Dan Hardy and now Jimmy. Even if Rogan retires this year, that's a ton of guys all doing the same job.

If it were possible I'd like to see them put him in for Felder. I like Felder and all but I'd say he's not very good behind the mic.
Funny that I love DC now because of his commentary and before couldn't stand him

Last edited 1/13/18 6:19AM server time by Airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/13/18 6:17:59AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:3,459-2,469
Chips:
Jimmy Smith was the main reason that I did not enjoy Bellator. Nothing personal against the dude at all but I do not enjoy him as a commentator. When it was announced that he was leaving Bellator I was happy. That happiness turned to utter horror when he signed with the UFC. That's not news that I wanted to ever hear.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   1/14/18 12:50:20AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,825-1,066
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

with a ufc card pretty much every week they need that many commentators. I don't mind Felder or Cormier but i enjoy listening to Cruz probably the most, even Rogan says some crap sometimes and Cruz is always on his ass correcting him lol. Hardy and Gooden make a good team aswell on the euro/aussie cards.

Post #7   1/14/18 1:19:45AM