Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GOAT WMMA

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,355-1,652
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I am wondering. If Holm or Cyborg gets a finish in this fight, can they be considered the GOAT in women's mma? Holm has a stronger position to jock for GOAT as she can be a two weight champ and she took out Ronda before being cheated out of the title. Cyborg has a lesser but strong argument as she never fought Ronda and has always been a 145er.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   12/27/17 5:23:16PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,590-1,642
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
another thing that hurts Cyborgs case right now, or at least in my eyes is when she pissed hot years and years ago for PEDs. It's a big reason why for me, Jon Jones isn't the GOAT. As much as I hate to say it because I was a huge fan of the guy for so long, but Anderson Silva's recent 2nd time being flagged by USADA hurts his case for me too. It's easy to say that it's just a way past his prime fighter trying keep up with the young hungry kids coming up in the weight class, but 2 times being flagged certainly starts to make you wonder whether or not it was going on during his entire run. If we're being honest, the vast majority of the guys he fought during the pre-usada days would've been juicing too, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, a win certainly gives Cyborg a strong case for WMMA goat. A win for Holly however may cement her claim.

Post #2   12/28/17 7:16:21AM