Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez talks fulfilling dreams of superfan Isaac Marquez, a fighter with Down syndrome

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

Best av bet record on mmapg!

Braden Avatar

Career:1,579-966
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Isaac Marquez came into the JacksonWink MMA gym earlier this year, walked two inches from the mat there and that’s when he met Diego Sanchez.

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   12/13/17 7:02:35PM   

JB005

Learning to Sprawl

Career:54-71
Chips:
What a classy dude that Diego. Crazy to think of him as a drunk idiot on tuf only to mature into this. Great guy.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   12/13/17 9:55:37PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,289-1,406
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I hate PR driven, heart warming puff pieces like this. Garbrandt got himself a "little buddy", so this will probably become a mini trend, not that it's new or unique in any way. I applaud Sanchez for being a decent human being, but if a kid with down syndrome shows up at your gym and one of your coaches asks you to train with him a little because it's his dream, would anyone really say no? If Sanchez had a relative with down syndrome, and was working with organizations to help discover the cause or bring attention to this condition, then I might be less jaded. But honestly I consider this the bare minimum that a professional fighter could do for an ailing fan, especially considering the positive boost this will have on his popularity. Stephen Thompson and Roxanne Modafari both continue to teach children's classes regularly at their respective gyms, despite the success they've both found in MMA, and the huge commitment of time it requires. That desire to give what they love to the next generation impresses me a lot more than a mock MMA bout done on a whim.

Post #3   12/14/17 10:29:06AM