Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight Night 123 bonuses: Brian Ortega's amazing performance doubles up for $100,000

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:291-186
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Brian Ortega doubled up for $100,000 in bonus money, and Cub Swanson and Marlon Moraes each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 123 event.

Ortega and Swanson earned the “Fight of the Night,” while Ortega and Moraes each won “Performance of the Night” honors.

UFC officials announced the winners following the event, which MMAjunkie attended.
Link

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   12/10/17 1:52:02AM   

shaneTpain

GSP > everyone else

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:3,730-2,492
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well deserved

Post #2   12/10/17 8:00:42PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,993-3,311
Chips:
Yeah, that fight was sweet! He will probably use the extra money for his kids outreach program.

Post #3   12/10/17 9:07:44PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Career:3,959-2,096
Chips:
Is it wrong of me to think Lopez vs Morales should've win FOTN?

Ortega and Marlon Potn no doubt.

Post #4   12/11/17 1:49:44AM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,455-887
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

That's actually what I thought would happen. I did pick Ortega/Swanson as my FOTN in the side games so I won't complain.

One thing that no one brought up. Alexis Davis won her 125 debut, what about her either getting a title shot or a #1 contender fight against Sijara Eubanks, since Nicco might be out for a little bit with her foot injury.

Post #5   12/11/17 2:00:05PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

That's actually what I thought would happen. I did pick Ortega/Swanson as my FOTN in the side games so I won't complain.

One thing that no one brought up. Alexis Davis won her 125 debut, what about her either getting a title shot or a #1 contender fight against Sijara Eubanks, since Nicco might be out for a little bit with her foot injury.

I don't think Davis is worthy of the Title Shot considering she won a Split that could've gone to Carmouche.

I honestly think it might be Jennifer Maia.

Here's what i wrote in my L2 preview in regards to that fight.

The Main Event features 2 really good Flyweights in Maia and Niedzwiedz. These 2 could've probably been on the TUF 26 show and either one could've possibly won. But imo there big things coming for the winner with this being a Title Fight. This is the HB (Hotbout) for a reason as this could go either way. Maia's last fight for Invicta FC was a Split Decision win over Roxanne Modafferi who fought for the inaugural Flyweight UFC Title. Her last loss was to another TUF 26 contestant Deanna Bennett but that was 3 years ago since she's tasted defeat. Niedzwiedz on the other hand has been flawless thus far @ 10-0. Both of these ladies share a common victory over the tough Porto, both by Unanimous Decision. I think the winner will go to the UFC next. 

Post #6   12/11/17 8:10:08PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

I don't think Davis is worthy of the Title Shot considering she won a Split that could've gone to Carmouche.

I honestly think it might be Jennifer Maia.

Here's what i wrote in my L2 preview in regards to that fight.

The Main Event features 2 really good Flyweights in Maia and Niedzwiedz. These 2 could've probably been on the TUF 26 show and either one could've possibly won. But imo there big things coming for the winner with this being a Title Fight. This is the HB (Hotbout) for a reason as this could go either way. Maia's last fight for Invicta FC was a Split Decision win over Roxanne Modafferi who fought for the inaugural Flyweight UFC Title. Her last loss was to another TUF 26 contestant Deanna Bennett but that was 3 years ago since she's tasted defeat. Niedzwiedz on the other hand has been flawless thus far @ 10-0. Both of these ladies share a common victory over the tough Porto, both by Unanimous Decision. I think the winner will go to the UFC next. 

Alexis still won and I don't think it was a robbery, I think the right woman won. She was a former title challenger at 135 and with a debut win at 125 I thought maybe a big fight in that division is what could or should be next for her. I like the idea of Alexis fighting Sijara Eubanks in a #1 contender fight. Whoever won that fight between Alexis and Liz I thought should either get a title shot or #1 contender fight against Eubanks who's ranked #1 in the UFC rankings.

I know some people were saying Jennifer Maia. Personally, I think Maia should stay in Invicta for a little longer before coming over. Maybe defend the belt once or twice and if she's successful then bring her over for a #1 contender fight or title fight.

Post #7   12/11/17 8:27:03PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Maia has already won the title and defended twice.

Plus she won pretty easily against an undefeated opponent that was suppose to dethrone her.

Post #8   12/11/17 9:39:00PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
As for Davis and Liz that was a Split and an extremely close fight.

Post #9   12/11/17 9:40:35PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
I'm not saying that fight wasn't close. It was, but I felt the right woman won, that's it. And with that win I wouldn't mind seeing her get a fight against a Eubanks. I think she's deserving of that.

I know Maia's defended twice. 1 or 2 more title defenses wouldn't hurt, it'll only help imo. It's good for Invicta to have her there for a little while longer, then once things play out a little in the UFC bring her over.

I know Julie Kedzie was saying Maia should get a UFC title shot and that she's the more proven champion or something along those lines. If they want to bring her over sooner, it's not that big of a deal to me. Montano does have a broken foot though so should Maia sit and wait? She might as well defend her Invicta belt in the meantime or fight either Shevchenko, Davis or Eubanks in a #1 contender fight.

Post #10   12/12/17 12:48:57AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
Davis got a split over a girl who is now 3-4 in the UFC. I know the WFlyweight division is pretty shallow at the moment but their are still a lot more deserving fighters that should get a title shot or #1 contender fight before Davis.

I personally think Davis vs Andrea Lee would be a good fight when Lee gets past the USADA testing period and if Davis wins that one then I think she has a respectable reason to be considered a top contender.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #11   12/12/17 3:38:30PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Davis got a split over a girl who is now 3-4 in the UFC. I know the WFlyweight division is pretty shallow at the moment but their are still a lot more deserving fighters that should get a title shot or #1 contender fight before Davis.

I personally think Davis vs Andrea Lee would be a good fight when Lee gets past the USADA testing period and if Davis wins that one then I think she has a respectable reason to be considered a top contender.

There's a lot more deserving fighters over Davis, like who for example?

If there's a lot more girls then name at least 5 that deserve a title shot or #1 contender fight over Alexis Davis. I can only think of 3 (which is a few, not "a lot") that arguably deserve it more or at least just as much, Sijara Eubanks, Jennifer Maia and Valentina Shevchenko.

Sijara missed weight for her title fight so you could make a case that Alexis is more deserving than her. Valentina hasn't even fought at 125 yet in the UFC and is coming off a loss so you could make a case that Alexis is more deserving than her. Lastly, Maia hasn't even fought in the UFC ever so you could make a case that Alexis is more deserving than her as well. So if you can make a sensible case that Alexis is more deserving than those 3 women, then who would be more deserving then all of them?

All those other TUF chicks aren't more deserving, you're out of your mind if you think any of them are more deserving of a title shot or #1 contender bout over those 4 girls I mentioned. There is no one else more deserving than those 4 girls, which would mean Alexis is arguably and sensibly the most deserving of a title shot or #1 contender bout, or at least just as deserving as anyone else in that division.

Post #12   12/12/17 5:08:19PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
Davis has 1 flyweight bout in the UFC and her last flyweight before that bout was 7 years ago, and she just beat someone who never fought at flyweight before. I'm not saying it wasn't a good win I'm just saying comparing to other flyweights it's not that outstanding.

Maia like you said is up there on the rankings and I would Andrea Lee is pretty high, too.

Claudia Gadelha has said she has been thinking about jumping to flyweight, but I guess you'll put her in alongside Valentina and say she's coming off a lose so she doesn't deserve a shot.

Lauren Murphy beat Barb Hanchak who has unbeaten for 6 years and was the inaugural Invicta flyweight champion and never lost the belt, so I would say she's pretty deserving.

Mara Romero Borella has a win in the UFC flyweight division and is on a 6 fight winning streak so she's pretty deserving, too.

And I'm not saying Alexis isn't high in the rankings, either. She's definitely in the top ten, but the #1 contender? I'm not so sure about that.

Personally, I want to see Eubanks get the shot just because she did make it to the fianle and their is unsettle business between her and Montano, but I understand how people don't think she deserves it because she missed weight, but that's for the UFC to decide on, I suppose.

Post #13   12/12/17 7:16:26PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,843-1,071
Chips:
everyone sleeping on Mara Romero Borella, that chick is a beast at 125, you could literally name 7-8 fighters that can/could beat Nicco.

I guess Davis could be in title talks, but so can many girls, i can see this weight class being the most exciting in a couple of years because you're going to have a lot of women coming up from 115 and down from 135

Post #14   12/12/17 7:26:45PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Davis has 1 flyweight bout in the UFC and her last flyweight before that bout was 7 years ago, and she just beat someone who never fought at flyweight before. I'm not saying it wasn't a good win I'm just saying comparing to other flyweights it's not that outstanding.

Maia like you said is up there on the rankings and I would Andrea Lee is pretty high, too.

Claudia Gadelha has said she has been thinking about jumping to flyweight, but I guess you'll put her in alongside Valentina and say she's coming off a lose so she doesn't deserve a shot.

Lauren Murphy beat Barb Hanchak who has unbeaten for 6 years and was the inaugural Invicta flyweight champion and never lost the belt, so I would say she's pretty deserving.

Mara Romero Borella has a win in the UFC flyweight division and is on a 6 fight winning streak so she's pretty deserving, too.

And I'm not saying Alexis isn't high in the rankings, either. She's definitely in the top ten, but the #1 contender? I'm not so sure about that.

Personally, I want to see Eubanks get the shot just because she did make it to the fianle and their is unsettle business between her and Montano, but I understand how people don't think she deserves it because she missed weight, but that's for the UFC to decide on, I suppose.

Andrea Lee hasn't fought in the UFC or has any big wins.

Lauren Murphy sucked at 135, she's 2-3 in the UFC and was beat by Carmouche who Davis beat twice. No way she deserves to be ahead of Alexis Davis, who's 6-2 in the UFC.

Claudia hasn't said she's definitely moving up a weightclass so idk why you'd even bring her up. Not only is she coming off a loss, but she got her ass handed to her bad by Andrade. And her UFC record (4-3) isn't as good as Davis' either. Idk how the hell you think she should be ahead.

The only fighter you named that I agree could be in contention for a top bout is Mara Romero Borella since she won her UFC debut, has a good record of 12-4 and is riding a nice win streak outside the UFC. She slipped my mind... but I'd still put Alexis ahead of her, she's much more accomplished and has a win at 125 as well.

Idk why you don't think Alexis is a worthy contender and that there's "a lot" of women more deserving..... even though you couldn't really name any that are truly more deserving. Alexis is 6-2 in the UFC, won her 125 debut, is on a 2 fight win streak, she's a veteran who's fought bigger names and is the most accomplished fighter of all the women that have been mentioned (Maia does have an Invicta title but Davis has bigger wins and a 6-2 UFC record).. Maybe it's because she's Canadian? Idk...

Last edited 12/12/17 7:50PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   12/12/17 7:49:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2