Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Edson Barboza vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov set for UFC 219 in Las Vegas

Print  
Posted By Message

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
The year-end UFC 219 event has a new major addition.

Edson Barboza (19-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) today announced he’s fighting fellow lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) at the event.

LINK

Post #1   10/27/17 4:16:55PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:
Throw in another interim LW title on this fight and we got ourselves a main event.

Post #2   10/27/17 4:19:57PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,143-1,293
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Here’s what the card looks like so far. Still needs a main event and possibly a co-main, unless that’s Khabib/Barboza.

Edson Barboza vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
Dominick Cruz vs. Jimmie Rivera
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza
Matheus Nicolau vs. Louis Smolka
Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny
Khalil Rountree vs. Gokhan Saki
Rick Glenn vs. Myles Jury
Emil Meek vs. Kamaru Usman
Marc Diakiese vs. Dan Hooker

Post #3   10/27/17 5:58:39PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Here’s what the card looks like so far. Still needs a main event and possibly a co-main, unless that’s Khabib/Barboza.

This card is looking pretty great. If we get a HW title fight or Conor vs Tony this card will probably be one of the best PPVs in 2017

Post #4   10/27/17 6:16:36PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by Five-Alive

This card is looking pretty great. If we get a HW title fight or Conor vs Tony this card will probably be one of the best PPVs in 2017

One of those 2 titles and Cyborg/Holm as the co-main.

Post #5   10/27/17 9:08:04PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,578-1,492
Chips:
it would be awesome if Barboza won this but he can't fight going backwards to save his life.

Post #6   10/27/17 9:52:37PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,749-1,957
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
So McG and Diaz 3?! That’s nuts. Conor ain’t defending a belt. If he does I’ll be shocked as all hell. Only man to win two belts and run from the entire organization.

Post #7   10/28/17 2:37:43AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,456-4,320
Chips:
Nah, I'm thinking it'll be McGregor vs Tony not UFC 220...it's going to take a minute to set that up and neither minds waiting and running their mouths.

Post #8   10/28/17 2:56:19AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I'd be surprised to see Conor fight again in the UFC. He just made insane cash in that Mayweather fight, why bother getting beat up for less money?
I'd still be interested in a Diaz rematch, I like Diaz chances big time. Plus, if Conor does defend the belt against Tony successfully, we will be playing this game everytime another contender comes along. Just have him drop the belt and do his own thing rather than hold a division hostage forever.

Post #9   10/28/17 7:09:28AM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,435-3,600
Chips:
I don't see Conor fighting again until 2018.....as far as HW title fights go, I'm not exactly sure who they would match Stipe up with in 2 months before the end of the year considering Overeem is fighting Ngannou likely for the next shot at the belt. The winner of that fight likely won't fight again until 2018. I could see possibly Holm vs. Cyborg as a title fight on the card, but I don't see the LW or HW title being defended on this one. That's probably why they are stacking hte rest of the card because generally speaking female main events (unless it was Rousey), don't sell too well.

Post #10   10/28/17 7:49:20AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

I don't see Conor fighting again until 2018.....as far as HW title fights go, I'm not exactly sure who they would match Stipe up with in 2 months before the end of the year considering Overeem is fighting Ngannou likely for the next shot at the belt. The winner of that fight likely won't fight again until 2018. I could see possibly Holm vs. Cyborg as a title fight on the card, but I don't see the LW or HW title being defended on this one. That's probably why they are stacking hte rest of the card because generally speaking female main events (unless it was Rousey), don't sell too well.

I've heard rumors that the UFC is trying to get Stipe Miocic vs Cain Valesquez as the main event for this card but they're having trouble settling on a new deal for Stipe so everything is up in the air at the moment. I wouldn't mind having Cyborg defend her belt in the main, I'm just not a fan that it will be against Holly Holm, who I feel like won't be much of a challenge for Cyborg. I'm personally still waiting for Megan Anderson vs Cyborg to happen because I feel like Anderson can actually put up quite a fight against Cyborg.

Post #11   10/28/17 4:34:24PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
It looked like they were trying to book the female featherweight and the female bantamweight title fights for this card, but Pennington got hurt so the women's bw title bout is up in the air for this card.

Hell, I'd be fine with Cat Zingano getting the next shot even though she's coming off a loss. She's the highest ranked opponent available at bantamweight and she has a win over Nunes. The next most worthy bw contender available is probably Ketlen Vieira.

Post #12   10/28/17 4:44:50PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

It looked like they were trying to book the female featherweight and the female bantamweight title fights for this card, but Pennington got hurt so the women's bw title bout is up in the air for this card.

Hell, I'd be fine with Cat Zingano getting the next shot even though she's coming off a loss. She's the highest ranked opponent available at bantamweight and she has a win over Nunes. The next most worthy bw contender available is probably Ketlen Vieira.

I don't know if the UFC was actually planning to have Nunes defend her belt at 219. The fighters agreed to it but the UFC still decides when the fight wouldl take place.

And I agree that Zingano should probably just go ahead and get a title shot. Every other contender is either coming off a lose, hurt, pregnant or just straight up retired. And I think that fight can sell with the story that Zingano owns a win over Nunes already and Nunes wants to get redemption

Post #13   10/28/17 4:51:32PM