Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos set for UFC Winnipeg main event

Print  
Posted By Message

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:168-107
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Two former champions will face off at UFC Winnipeg.

On Thursday, the promotion officially announced that Robbie Lawler will fight Rafael dos Anjos in the main event of UFC on FOX 26 on Dec. 16 at the Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   10/12/17 12:46:52PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,737-1,971
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is the fight I'm was hoping for the#1 contender spot.

Hopefully if Robbie wins he can get his revenge but if not i think RDA matches up really well against T-Wood.

Post #2   10/12/17 4:49:56PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:64-40
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
This fight hadn't entered my mind but it should be an awesome match.I hope it happens.
I was expecting Mike Perry vs Lawler since he called him out on tv.
And I'm surprised at how well RDA is doing at ww and glad for him since he doesn't have to nearly kill himself to make weight.

Post #3   10/12/17 5:40:46PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

This fight hadn't entered my mind but it should be an awesome match.I hope it happens.
And I'm surprised at how well RDA is doing at ww and glad for him since he doesn't have to nearly kill himself to make weight.

Mike Perry i was reaching with that callout. Alan Jouban beat him and that's still fresh on my mind.

Perry has at least 2 more wins before he can get a top 5 guy imo.

Post #4   10/12/17 6:39:47PM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,317-807
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by AndyWarho

Mike Perry i was reaching with that callout. Alan Jouban beat him and that's still fresh on my mind.

Perry wanted Lawler and Usman wanted RDA. Match Perry up against Usman next, that'll show who deserves a crack at a solid top 10 opponent next... though I feel Usman and his 6 fight UFC win streak is more than deserving of a big fight next, than Perry is.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   10/12/17 8:33:39PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

Posted by AndyWarho

Perry wanted Lawler and Usman wanted RDA. Match Perry up against Usman next, that'll show who deserves a crack at a solid top 10 opponent next... though I feel Usman and his 6 fight UFC win streak is more than deserving of a big fight next, than Perry is.

I agree. I think there's only a few WW's that will beat Usman. I kinda wanted Usman vs Covington. They have a similar relentless style. Actually i think Usman could beat Lawler. But i think with Woodley and RDAs grappling i think they could win keeping the fight upright.

Usman i watched on the regional circuit and he's a completely different animal at this point.

Even Usman vs Maia would be cool.

Post #6   10/12/17 9:55:20PM