Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell vs. Jardine instead of Silva @ UFC 76

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:
"Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (20-4 MMA, 14-3 UFC) and Keith Jardine (12-3-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC) are expected to headline Anaheim’s UFC 76 event in September."

source

Post #1   7/13/07 5:18:12PM   

blowe1983

MMA Regular

blowe1983 Avatar

Career:37-15
Chips:
should be a quick easy fight for liddell. very disappointing

Post #2   7/13/07 5:33:32PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
if that really is the headliner, that will really suck. liddell will whoop his @$$ all over the octagon.

Post #3   7/13/07 5:42:18PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,600-1,486
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i expect to see some LW or WW matchup steal the show if this is the headliner, should be a fairly easy nights work for chuck

Post #4   7/13/07 5:46:05PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
LOL that's hilarious because yesterday I said why is Dana not even thinking about having Chuck fight Shogun, obviously he's scared, and that'd he probably match him up with Jardine (as a joke)...with Silva saying he'd fight Chuck in November, this shows how protected Chuck is as a fighter. For them to run a mock burial job of Silva on ufc.com and make themselves look this ridiculous only adds to Dana's ignorance. First the comments about internet mma fans, then the botched Canada job, now this. I hope the Fertitta's wake up.

Post #5   7/13/07 5:55:39PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Dana just want to give a chance for the UFC fighters to "rise" again... the Prides are coming, IMO he's so upset tha the 205 Unification title will be between 2 former Pride's and of course he don't want to give two consecutive loses to Chuck. Wand? Shogun? nah..... Jardine..... so he can win.

COWARD!!!!

Dana and Chuck should get married.

Last edited 7/13/07 6:14PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: spelling
2 total post edits

Post #6   7/13/07 6:12:19PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Do you guys smell what i smell.......

Last edited 7/13/07 7:00PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Fighter Bashing

Post #7   7/13/07 6:14:40PM   

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,567-1,099
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
Chuck is going to knockout Jardine in the first round

Post #8   7/13/07 6:21:17PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The Pride boys are coming and they are winning...oops....Cro Cop got KOed. Herring lost in his firs fight in the UFC. Why oh why does just about every thread get truned into a Pride vs. UFC????

How was Chuck being protected?? He fought everybody they put in front of him. He went to Pride and fight 3 times. This is getting crazy

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #9   7/13/07 6:58:02PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

How was Chuck being protected?? He fought everybody they put in front of him. He went to Pride and fight 3 times. This is getting crazy
he is being protected by dana because dana try to lowball wandi because he dont want his boy to lose two in a row.

Post #10   7/13/07 7:04:35PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
great fight but even a better fight will be jon fitch vs. diego sanchez (i like it because diego will get dominated again)

Post #11   7/13/07 7:15:11PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

he is being protected by dana because dana try to lowball wandi because he dont want his boy to lose two in a row.

I don't like Dana too much, and I am not big fan of Chuck at all. However it seems like you base all of you conclusions on some rumors that somebody heard, and somebody else repeated. Fans on the internet want Chuck to fight Silva so bad that they hear only things they want to hear, and rumors spread to insane proportions.

Dana could care less about Chuck, all Dana wants to do is make some dough. Chuck losing two in a row is bad because it confuses an "average" fan. Chuck losing two fights in a row to people that average American UFC fan never heard of is really bad. Chuck vs. Silva is not going to sell tickets. Chuck vs. Keith Jardine (TUF) is going to sell alot of tickets. And that's the end of the story.

I doubt that Chuck is scared, and I doubt he has any say at all at who he wants to fight next. Wanderlei said they offered him a contract, and he wanted to delay for a month. UFC offered him a contract, he himself admitted to it. He couldn't fight in September, well too bad. At the end of the day UFC needs to sell tickets, and thats the end of the story. It is unfortunate that "Liddell vs. Jardine" fight is an appeal to all the average fight fans who don't know much about the game.

I am not trying to take sides here, however I do not think that Liddell is scared, or Dana is protecting somebody. If it meant making a couple extra million dollars and the Nevada Athletic Commission said yes, Dana would put Chuck against a bulldozer and watch him get mowed down.

Post #12   7/13/07 7:19:14PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

don't like Dana too much, and I am not big fan of Chuck at all. However it seems like you base all of you conclusions on some rumors that somebody heard, and somebody else repeated. Fans on the internet want Chuck to fight Silva so bad that they hear only things they want to hear, and rumors spread to insane proportions.
then explain to me why he couldnt wait two more months to fight wandi instead of jardine.Dana is like best friends with chuck i wouldn want my best freind getting tkod twice in a row but i dunno about u.thats why dana is protecting the snowman.

Post #13   7/13/07 7:25:37PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

don't like Dana too much, and I am not big fan of Chuck at all. However it seems like you base all of you conclusions on some rumors that somebody heard, and somebody else repeated. Fans on the internet want Chuck to fight Silva so bad that they hear only things they want to hear, and rumors spread to insane proportions.
then explain to me why he couldnt wait two more months to fight wandi instead of jardine.Dana is like best friends with chuck i wouldn want my best freind getting tkod twice in a row but i dunno about u.thats why dana is protecting the snowman.

OK i will explain, if he took liddell off that card it would only sell to the hardcore fans like us. If liddell wasnt on that card then the only name known to average fans would be diego sanchez and that is not enough for a pay per view.

He doesnt want chuck to fight shogun because he is protecting both of them. he wants to build shogun up to american fans and have one of them have a belt before they fight each other. DANA IS NOT PROTECTING CHUCK he is protecting his and everyone elses paycheck. if wandy was in chucks position ( being the biggest star in mma america) dana would be doing the same thing right now protecting wandy, it has nothing to do with friendship, its all bussiness

Post #14   7/13/07 8:03:38PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Well if Dana is gonna turn the UFC into his own personal soap opera full of personally picked fights instead of the obvious ones the fans want to see now then he can start putting them on free TV.....cuz nobodies gonna want to pay for this garbage

Post #15   7/13/07 8:12:29PM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>