Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St-Pierre shrugs off Michael Bisping’s insults: ‘He’s a very angry person deep down’

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,317-807
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping couldn’t be further apart when it comes to their approach to hyping a fight.

While the UFC middleweight champion has built his reputation pulling no punches to insult his opponents before they meet in the cage, St-Pierre has typically taken a more polite and thoughtful approach in the buildup to an event.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   9/22/17 3:04:01AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
GSP is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I love how he is the ultimate professional, respectful, and polite. He always let his fighting do the talking for him. I know its not the cool thing in the current landscape, and the new, younger generation of fans like the smack talkers, but I am old school in which I was always raised to let your actions do the talking for you. Those that brag about things - i.e. I'm the toughest, richest, biggest player etc., usually are not, know it, have self esteem issues, and thus need to brag. Most of the all time greats, are very polite and humble - i.e. Fedor, Hendo, Couture, Edgar, etc. Just naming a few, there are many more greats that were always humble.

Post #2   9/22/17 9:43:03AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I hope GSP takes him down and smashes his face in with elbows and forces him to retire.....I'm tired of Bisping ducking the entire top 10 division.

Post #3   9/22/17 7:28:53PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:64-40
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
If GSP should happen to win the belt does he really want to defend it against the top 10 of the mw division?

Post #4   9/23/17 2:38:01AM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

If GSP should happen to win the belt does he really want to defend it against the top 10 of the mw division?

Supposedly he has to, but money talks... especially in the UFC.

Last edited 9/23/17 3:44PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   9/23/17 3:44:26PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by AndyWarho

Supposedly he has to, but money talks... especially in the UFC.

Exactly, I read on here that there's talk of him calling out McGregor if he wins. What sense does that make except money? But of course I'd want to watch it too.

Post #6   9/23/17 4:30:39PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
I finally read this link and can't help but feel that GSP has got Michael all wrong! Michael has been blissful and gay about this fight; perhaps even taking George lightly. GSP saying and doing these things will really make Bisping angry deep inside. And GSP does not want an angry Bisping! People need to remember what Michael did to Jorge Rivera and Mayhem Miller when he was angry-he finished them and essentially their mma careers.
GSP went into great depression when he thought he lost that fight to Johnny Hendricks. I say thought, because even I scored the fight for GSP. So what kind of mental shape will Georges be in when he really does lose in a humiliating fashion?
Yes Michael may retire after this fight and there's a good chance GSP will go back to retirement as well,but not as he has wished.
I agree with Luke Rockhold that GSP better take a train back to Canada and stay out of this fight.

Last edited 9/23/17 7:36PM server time by AndyWarho
Edit note/reason: edited for more kindness

Post #7   9/23/17 6:35:13PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,777-2,658
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

I finally read this link and can't help but feel that GSP has got Michael all wrong! Michael has been blissful and gay about this fight; perhaps even taking George lightly. GSP saying and doing these things will really make Bisping angry deep inside. And GSP does not want an angry Bisping! People need to remember what Michael did to Jorge Rivera and Mayhem Miller when he was angry-he finished them and essentially their mma careers.
GSP went into great depression when he thought he lost that fight to Johnny Hendricks. I say thought, because even I scored the fight for GSP. So what kind of mental shape will Georges be in when he really does lose in a humiliating fashion?
Yes Michael may retire after this fight and there's a good chance GSP will go back to retirement as well,but not as he has wished.
I agree with Luke Rockhold that GSP better take a train back to Canada and stay out of this fight.

They also need to remember what Tim Kennedy did to Bisping.

Post #8   9/24/17 12:04:35AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
Kennedy was a much bigger guy and Bispings takedown defense is also better now. If Bisping is deep down angry, GSP is in trouble.
He needs to ask Dana if he can take a pay cut and fight Woodley.

Post #9   9/24/17 12:38:19AM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by AndyWarho

They also need to remember what Tim Kennedy did to Bisping.

They also need to give xdanish020 props for this comment!

Post #10   9/24/17 1:04:58AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Jorge Rivera and Mayhem were never top fighters, well maybe Mayhem just very briefly but way before he ever fought Bisping. GSP has lost once in humiliating fashion to Matt Serra and he came back to destroy Koscheck, win the title and eventually get a rematch with Serra and avenged that loss and then went on the greatest title streak in welterweight history.

This is the perfect time to fight Bisping, the brit is saying 50/50 he will retire after this fight. How often do we ever see a fighter who is retiring go out on a win ? also how often do we see a fighter making their last appearance ever really give a great performance.

This is a total winnable fight for GSP, Kennedy and Sonnen both took Bisping down multiple times and smothered him. Yes those fighters were bigger than GSP but without a doubt GSP is the best mma wrestler in WW history and you're crazy if you think that doesn't mean something big in this fight. Also forgetting GSP's stand up, he has a great jab and will be much faster than Bisping too.

The one big question however is GSP time off and it is a massive lay-off, but you really can't question Georges mentality as he is the ultimate professional.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   9/24/17 2:02:29AM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Props that one, too!!

Post #12   9/24/17 2:07:06AM   

Five-Alive

A Face In The Crowd

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Kennedy was a much bigger guy and Bispings takedown defense is also better now. If Bisping is deep down angry, GSP is in trouble.
He needs to ask Dana if he can take a pay cut and fight Woodley.

Kennedy and Sonnen may be much bigger, but Georges is much faster and has the fastest entries for a takedown which he credits to his karate background. The man knows how to strike too, just ask Matt Hughes and Josh Koscheck. Georges had time to add strength and size, last Monday Bisping said Georges looked bigger than when he seen him earlier in the year. He probably has enough strength to go along with his speed advantage to get the fight to the ground if/when he wants, and he very well could snap that jab and mix it with kicks to win the striking exchanges also.

Georges has been out for a quite some time but there's a small handful of guys that aren't really affected by it and I think Georges will fit in that small bunch, due to his intelligence, high fight IQ and mentality... arguably the best in all of mma.

Post #13   9/24/17 2:24:28AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
Yes GSP is a professional with high IQ and great strength as is Bisping-both are future UFC hall of famers. And Bisping has recently faced opponents of such caliber and came out victorious. It's Bisping that doesn't seem to get the due respect from many, perhaps even from GSP. There's talk that Georges and Dana actually wanted this match with Michael over Woodley because they view it as an easier fight for GSP to win. Idk if this is true or not, but if they're using Bisping to set up a fight with McGregor it's a mistake.

Post #14   9/24/17 12:53:14PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:
Bisping doesn't get the respect because he doesn't give any. He fought Hendo as his first defence who was ranked #14, a total slap to the top 10 of the MW division. He got utterly destroyed in that fight and has not fought since then. It's funny with Bisping because i go through periods where i like him and then just can't stand the guy. His actions after fights with Rockhold and Jorge Rivera are just unsportsmanlike, it's not enough to finish those guys but he has to humiliate them too. I respect his ufc career however and he has consistently fought the best guys in the world up until his first title defence. The guy just has one of those personalities that people love to hate and it attracts viewers.

As far as Bisping being an easier fight than Woodley i believe it definitely is for GSP. I think GSP could definitely beat Woodley too at this stage but it would be a much more dangerous match up. Woodley is so much faster than Bisping and hits harder plea Woodley has got awesome tdd that even GSP would struggle with.

Post #15   9/24/17 1:23:36PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3