Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

"I Finish Fights"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by xphycorx

he's not one of the top 5 lightweights?? who is??????

Id rank all of these guys ahead of Florian: Sherk, Franca, Griffin, Huerta, Guilliard, Stevenson, Edgar, Nate Diaz, Manny, Lauzon, Maynard, Garcia... Do you want me to continue? Remember this is only UFC, if you want to talk world rankings, Ill have to start another thread. lol

Post #16   7/13/07 9:01:23PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Id rank all of these guys ahead of Florian: Sherk, Franca, Griffin, Huerta, Guilliard, Stevenson, Edgar, Nate Diaz, Manny, Lauzon, Maynard, Garcia... Do you want me to continue? Remember this is only UFC, if you want to talk world rankings, Ill have to start another thread. lol
there would be at least 15 fighters in front of him

Post #17   7/13/07 9:19:48PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
Kenny should get some respect, he finished Sam, Mishima, and went 5 rounds with the champ.

Post #18   7/13/07 10:32:05PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
I definitely respect him, and think he will be awesome in 2 or so years, but right now, just not top 10 IMO. Hes good though, and has a ton of potential.

Post #19   7/13/07 10:43:41PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
i would put florian at like number 5 lw in the ufc right now

Post #20   7/13/07 10:52:47PM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Posted by xphycorx

he's not one of the top 5 lightweights?? who is??????

Remember though, the 'debate' is about who is ranked higher in the ufc lw division, not who are arguably better fighters than him(for the record, I personally, do think the majority of them are better fighters than him, and would probably tool him in a fight).

The bolded names easily rank higher than Kenny, but the rest should probably have a few more wins/fights in the ufc before they can slide above him. Most of them have only had 2-4 fights in the ufc....Florian has had a couple more, hence his higher rank.

If I was to rank the division...the first three are beyond obvious imo :

1. Sherk
2. Franca
3. Fisher(who you forgot)

but then 4-5 are actually a lot closer than people want to make it sound. Florian probably IS actually 4th or 5th...and Griffin or Huerta should occupy the last slot.

Obviously the weight class is stacked to the ceiling, but you can't say these guys with a pair of fights(in the ufc) under their belts are actually ranked higher(in the ufc) without showing massive bias against Kenny.

Last edited 7/14/07 7:19AM server time by elysianwing
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/14/07 7:18:58AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by elysianwing

Remember though, the 'debate' is about who is ranked higher in the ufc lw division, not who are arguably better fighters than him(for the record, I personally, do think the majority of them are better fighters than him, and would probably tool him in a fight).

The bolded names easily rank higher than Kenny, but the rest should probably have a few more wins/fights in the ufc before they can slide above him. Most of them have only had 2-4 fights in the ufc....Florian has had a couple more, hence his higher rank.

1. Sherk
2. Franca

but then 4-5 are actually a lot closer than people want to make it sound. Florian probably IS actually 4th or 5th...and Griffin or Huerta should occupy the last slot.

Obviously the weight class is stacked to the ceiling, but you can't say these guys with a pair of fights(in the ufc) under their belts are actually ranked higher(in the ufc) without showing massive bias against Kenny.

You completely forgot BJ. Also, you've got Griffin in there, which is fine, but Edgar had his number...and you didn't inlclude him. Before I would put Florian in the top 5, I would like to see him fight someone like Din Thomas first.

Post #22   7/14/07 9:54:25AM   

Mattyc

Learning to Sprawl

Career:111-81
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by elysianwing

1. Sherk
2. Franca

You completely forgot BJ. Also, you've got Griffin in there, which is fine, but Edgar had his number...and you didn't inlclude him. Before I would put Florian in the top 5, I would like to see him fight someone like Din Thomas first.

I agree with you on this... I actually Think Din Thomas should be top 5 myself or close to it.. over Griffin. Florian is exciting, he gives the fans what they want. Dont get me wrong, Sherk gave a dominant performance, and owned franca in all aspects of the fight,.. but after doing the exact same thing for 25 minutes it does get a little boring to your average fan.(hence the booing) I respect Kenny for saying that because he simply gave the fans what they wanted to see. but as far as top 5 go...

1. Sherk
2. Franca
3. Fisher or Din Thomas\ really close on these ones
4. Fisher or Din Thomas/
5. Huerta or Edgar as they've been beating a lot of guys, but they need a step up in the competition.

BJ in my opinion is better than any of these guys listed but looking at his last fights he is 1-2 with only beating Pulver, who got knocked out by one of the competitiors on TUF

Post #23   7/14/07 11:16:49AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2