Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

swick vs. okami off

Print  
Posted By Message

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:
source: ufcjunkie.com

that sucks i was really excited for this fight, at least this means we get to see babalu vs. lambert

Post #1   1/31/07 4:54:17PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
i was not excited for that fight, im glad its off swick is a more talented fighter who deserves a better challenge no offense to okami but he hasnt proved himself to fight with a guy like swick.

Post #2   1/31/07 4:59:04PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:

Posted by ElGuApO91

i was not excited for that fight, im glad its off swick is a more talented fighter who deserves a better challenge no offense to okami but he hasnt proved himself to fight with a guy like swick.

Personally I rate Okami and I think he deserves this fight. However I don't think seeing this fight on a later card is too bad there are a lot of other fights out there that need to be done soon.

Post #3   1/31/07 5:24:48PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
no i dont think he has a decent ufc fight win his last fights rory singer, kalib starnes just because he won doesnt mean he should fight swick i think swick should be close to a title shot.

Post #4   1/31/07 5:29:10PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Is this officially off the card then or just a rumour?

Post #5   1/31/07 7:00:50PM   

-NewBreed-

MMA Playground Writer

-NewBreed- Avatar

Career:11-6
Chips:
I don't know I was kind of looking forward to this fight as well. With "The Athlete" quickly surpassing him and now fighting Franklin, who else would you guys want to see him fight? He didn't have a great showing against the Crow and Okami has looked good in and outside of the UFC. I think this fight would have been good. Not like he is going to fight Leben anymore, but knowing some of the past match ups, this may be next. Fan of both fighters.

Post #6   1/31/07 7:05:04PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by ElGuApO91

no i dont think he has a decent ufc fight win his last fights rory singer, kalib starnes just because he won doesnt mean he should fight swick i think swick should be close to a title shot.

He would be alot closer if he beat Okami, too many top rated fighters in the mix at the moment for people to rush to shots. Especially with Lutter getting a shot due to TUF..

Post #7   1/31/07 7:11:21PM