Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Highly Unofficial Half-Year UFC Awards - The Submissions

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
It usually won’t make SportsCenter’s Plays of The Day, but there is nothing more effective and decisive than a fight-ending submission. And when it’s done right, there is nothing in mixed martial arts as impressive. But who in the first half of 2007 has really stepped up and ended a fight with one of those moves we can only pull off in video games? Let’s find out in part three of the Highly Unofficial Half-Year UFC Awards, as we look at the best submissions of the first six months and one week of 2007.

LINK

Post #1   7/12/07 8:49:16AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
nate vs cory in the uf just because how he got it front to tri that was nice

Post #2   7/13/07 1:22:52AM   

Ruthless619

Learning to Sprawl

Career:167-95
Chips:
Nick Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi..... gogoplata submission.... even though it was ruled a no contest, it was a bad ass way to beat the undestructable Gomi...

Post #3   7/14/07 1:13:07PM   

GDK

MMA Regular

GDK Avatar

Career:1,699-1,174
Chips:
Aoki on hansen was slick

But SHOGUN on RANDLEMAN was priceless

Man... Shogun figured foured and twisted that ankle, and made it look like a scene from the Exorcist.
But Randleman spurred on by roids, and the fear of losing so badly to his home country fans, not to mention previous brain damage from a car accident, miraculously held off sumbitting.
Untill Shogun adjusted the hold into a knee bar, and then to a Knee bar so savage that it looked like it could do the impossible and actially snap Randlemans trunk like leg
At that point instinct kicked in and Randleman feverishly tapped screaming.

I loved every moment of it
I love Leg locks
It's the greatest subi in my opinion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun+randleman/video/xnezj_maurico-shogun-rua-vs-kevin-randlem

Thanks

Post #4   7/17/07 2:24:30AM