Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shogun Vs. Machida @ UFC 76

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
This was apperantly confirmed by Dana White on ESPN interview today.

Post #1   7/10/07 10:36:08PM   

PeteD

"Sweet Pete"

Career:1,656-1,095
Chips:
I think this would be an awesome fight, IMO possibly fight of the year.

Post #2   7/10/07 10:37:21PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Yep its gonna be a great fight and i cant wait for it.
Link

Post #3   7/10/07 10:39:31PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by PeteD

Absolutely, and let me be the first to say that I'm picking Lyoto as the favorite to win... his methodical style will pick Shogun's aggressive game apart piece by piece... either way, what a great fight!

Post #4   7/10/07 10:52:43PM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Absolutely, and let me be the first to say that I'm picking Lyoto as the favorite to win... his methodical style will pick Shogun's aggressive game apart piece by piece... either way, what a great fight!

Machida will not oustrike Shogun, watch the Vernon White fight. Shogun is way more complete and will beat Machida but I doubt it will be easy but then again look at what he did to Rampage and Arona.

On a side note, what an absolute joke of a fight to make for TUF noobs. They should've gave Shogun Forrest like they originally planned, then Shogun could give him a knee clinic and be looked at as invinceable for defeating Forrest. Now he's going to win a close fight arguably, and fans won't care because they don't know either fighter and will think Shogun is overrated and Chuck by 1st round KO. Retarded.

Post #5   7/10/07 10:56:25PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by italianpride

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Machida will not oustrike Shogun, watch the Vernon White fight. Shogun is way more complete and will beat Machida but I doubt it will be easy but then again look at what he did to Rampage and Arona.

On a side note, what an absolute joke of a fight to make for TUF noobs. They should've gave Shogun Forrest like they originally planned, then Shogun could give him a knee clinic and be looked at as invinceable for defeating Forrest. Now he's going to win a close fight arguably, and fans won't care because they don't know either fighter and will think Shogun is overrated and Chuck by 1st round KO. Retarded.

I doubt it, I'm sure this fight will be promoted to the full extent, and people who don't know Shogun will find out who he is. I'm much happier seeing a competitive fight like this rather than a top fighter against someone I've never heard of just to boost his popularity...

Post #6   7/10/07 10:58:44PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by italianpride

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Although several Tuffers still don't know Machida, he's easy to market because he has some notable wins over well known UFC fighters...and when Shogun beats him, I think it will sink in.

Post #7   7/10/07 11:23:42PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Should be good. Considering it will be shogun's debut in the octagon. and Machida has some notiable wins. If machida wins, it will be in a 3 round hard fought war. But on the other hand dana did say if shogun gets that first win the ufc, then he gets that title shot.

Post #8   7/10/07 11:27:45PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
If this was in pride i would say shogun with ease but there is no soccer kicks or stomps so it should be good but im still going to take shogun by tko.

Post #9   7/11/07 2:54:14AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
this is a ******* great matchup

i have no idea who wins but i see this one going to decision

Post #10   7/11/07 3:22:48AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
Shogun by Chute Box violence

Post #11   7/11/07 7:05:06AM   

kmansoori6

Learning to Sprawl

kmansoori6 Avatar

Career:32-14
Camp: Indy Top Team
Chips:
Lyoto is a very talented fighter. He won't be a pushover. I have a feeling this is going to be a war. I hope we see the old shogun come out of hiding.

Post #12   7/11/07 8:32:58AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

I have wanted this fight since Shogun signed...I CANT BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING....

Friggin UFC is like Christmas every month!

Machida round 2 TKO

Why? Becuase Shogun won't be able to jump and stomp down on his oppenants head. His submissions are sweet(Kevin Randleman) but Machida is just so smooth(sometimes boring) but he gets the job done...

Showed be a great fight!

Post #13   7/11/07 9:28:33AM   

italianpride

MMA Regular

italianpride Avatar

Career:23-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

I have wanted this fight since Shogun signed...I CANT BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING....

Machida round 2 TKO

Why? Becuase Shogun won't be able to jump and stomp down on his oppenants head. His submissions are sweet(Kevin Randleman) but Machida is just so smooth(sometimes boring) but he gets the job done...

Showed be a great fight!

There's no chance Machida stops Shogun by KO/TKO. He was ko'd in mma or muay thai and it won't happen by Machida. Machida is a smooth counter puncher, but Shogun could take him down with sweeps. I think the 1st round will be competitive, but people act like Shogun needs stomps or knees on the ground to KO guys. Last time I checked he destroyed Overeem at PRIDE 33 with one of the best gnp superman punches I've ever seen. Muay thai guys with elbows?? Look out...and he destroyed Rampage standing without using any of those things.

Post #14   7/11/07 1:34:13PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by italianpride

Posted by StevieC

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

Machida round 2 TKO

Showed be a great fight!

There's no chance Machida stops Shogun by KO/TKO. He was ko'd in mma or muay thai and it won't happen by Machida. Machida is a smooth counter puncher, but Shogun could take him down with sweeps. I think the 1st round will be competitive, but people act like Shogun needs stomps or knees on the ground to KO guys. Last time I checked he destroyed Overeem at PRIDE 33 with one of the best gnp superman punches I've ever seen. Muay thai guys with elbows?? Look out...and he destroyed Rampage standing without using any of those things.

Cool. I guess we will just have to see bro.....I like Shogun, so don't get me wrong....I also saw him lose to Sobral, there are holes...I was really trying to say that Machida is good at finding your weakness....TKO, submission, Judges D, I was just saying I think Machida will win IMO...

Post #15   7/11/07 2:20:08PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3