Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor's first fight to be for the title

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
I really highly doubt anybody is going to be able to elbow him for more than even 10 seconds. He has an uncanny ability to reverse mounts with seconds, ie. Matt Lindland fight, Randleman fight, the list goes on...

Post #16   7/12/07 3:16:35PM   

joemark

Learning to Sprawl

Career:72-44
Chips:
Is Fedor even officially sign in the UFC yet? I heard they were having negotiation problems because UFC wants an exclusive contract, and Fedor wants to continue to fight w/ Bodog because of the $$.

I think you should hold off Fedor for as long as possible, because once he gets the UFC belt he will have it for a long long long time

Post #17   7/12/07 4:34:17PM   

Fedor-Emelianenko

Learning to Sprawl

Career:658-413
Camp: Red Devil Sport Club
Chips:
I think Fedor could easily take the title but I think he should first kill Tim Sylvia...

Last edited 7/30/07 7:12PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/28/07 2:40:07PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
i dont think that fedor will want to fight for the title right away. i seems like he might want to test the waters of the ufc first before commiting to a title fight. fedor is a very smart fighter and with the ufc being a new environment for him a "warm up" fight might be a good idea.

Post #19   7/29/07 1:41:21AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,831-1,145
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #20   7/30/07 1:53:50PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
There's no question that Fedor DESERVES an immediate title shot as his first fight in the UFC. That doesn't mean he'll get it, but he should. He is, hands down, the best HW in the world. The division is stacked now, and down the line, I think Fedor will eventually lose, and then get revenge immediately. The elbows may cause him problems, but I can't wait to see his elbows on someone else's head.

Post #21   7/30/07 7:04:29PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Branwest

There's no question that Fedor DESERVES an immediate title shot as his first fight in the UFC. That doesn't mean he'll get it, but he should. He is, hands down, the best HW in the world. The division is stacked now, and down the line, I think Fedor will eventually lose, and then get revenge immediately. The elbows may cause him problems, but I can't wait to see his elbows on someone else's head.

If you read the interview with Fedor's manager, he doesn't want Fedor to have a difficult fight first to get used to the Ocatgon and rule changes.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   7/30/07 7:14:26PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Branwest

If you read the interview with Fedor's manager, he doesn't want Fedor to have a difficult fight first to get used to the Ocatgon and rule changes.

Yeah, i read the interview and I agree. Although, in my opinion, he should have no more than two fights before fighting for the title, providing he wins the previous fights, which I believe he will. Fedor is great at adapting to situations, and amazing at imposing his will. It won't take him long to master the benefits and use of the octogon.

Post #23   7/31/07 10:35:45AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2