Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Veteran´s category?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Imagine one league with the better veteran fighters...

Royce Gracie
Bas rutten
Ken Shamrock
Pat Miletich
Rickson Gracie
Don Frye
Randy Couture
Tank Abbott

and more...

Jajajajajaja

Saku counts as Veteran????

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   1/31/07 12:29:49PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
It's an idea that should be considered for those who want to fight past 40 who can't keep up with the standard 25 year old yet still has alot to offer in the ring/cage.

Post #2   1/31/07 12:46:11PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Sounds good to me...

I know everyone says they always want to see the best fight the best (which is ideal), but I also enjoy good style matchups with fighters that share an equal level of talent.

It would be nice to see but we all know that Bas would own them all... Unless they brought in Ice-Cold Igor V... Tell me that wouldn't be a war!!

Post #3   1/31/07 1:02:43PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

It would be a neat idea. Randy would beat all those fighters. At least at this point of their careers.

Completey agree, Randy is still active , and I still think he could have been a top 5 LHVY if he hadn't retired and come back a HVY.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   1/31/07 3:20:34PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
My brother and I have talked about this before, and it would be a great idea as the sport gets older. Open up the weight classes a bit and let the legends have at it!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   1/31/07 5:49:12PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Please no. Then there won't be long before the first death in MMA and the whole MMA world will collapse.
I mean Dan Severn is almost 53 years old. He would beat the average young guy but I think vs someone like Couture he could be seriously injured.

Plus it makes MMA look more like spectacle than a sport. I never want to see it..

Post #6   1/31/07 6:51:18PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
As much as we all love the lady pictures, lets keep them out of this main MMA forum at least please.

Post #7   1/31/07 6:54:16PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
Apparantly Zulu Senior fought the other day/week at 65 years old.

Post #8   1/31/07 6:55:33PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Please no. Then there won't be long before the first death in MMA and the whole MMA world will collapse.
I mean Dan Severn is almost 53 years old. He would beat the average young guy but I think vs someone like Couture he could be seriously injured.

Plus it makes MMA look more like spectacle than a sport. I never want to see it..

Tha's a really good point. Then again Severn just got denied a license to fight. I guess it would depend if the Athletic comissions could be trusted to not license figher's that are done. They certainly failed in boxing. I'm afraid Holyfeild's gonna end up with brain damage or dead in the ring.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   1/31/07 7:20:08PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
No problem Nate. I saw someone else doing it earlier, but not sure which forum and I guess I haven't seen it lately.

Post #10   2/1/07 12:58:08AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Stickan

Tha's a really good point. Then again Severn just got denied a license to fight. I guess it would depend if the Athletic comissions could be trusted to not license figher's that are done. They certainly failed in boxing. I'm afraid Holyfeild's gonna end up with brain damage or dead in the ring.

Right, but there are plenty of guys who are older that can still roll. Randy, Van Arnsdale, even Ken Shamrock would probably do well in a Legends division.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #11   2/1/07 2:22:51AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Stickan

Right, but there are plenty of guys who are older that can still roll. Randy, Van Arnsdale, even Ken Shamrock would probably do well in a Legends division.

I agree with Randy and Van Arsdale, but i hope Shamrock is done.

The Iron Code

Post #12   2/1/07 2:27:51AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Doesn't being a coach for IFL mean he might have to fight another coach at some point?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #13   2/1/07 2:58:57AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Doesn't being a coach for IFL mean he might have to fight another coach at some point?

no, bas said on the last beatdown that he will most likely never fight again

Post #14   2/1/07 3:03:28AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I don't follow IFL, but I'd heard they were supposed to fight in the finals with their team against the other teams coach. Maybe that was an early idea that got scrapped though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #15   2/1/07 3:16:28AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2